Brand new grower

Looks like nute burn to me, what type soil is it?
Dang. I was hoping I knew something there. Lol. So when trying to differentiate between nitrogen deficiency and nite burn what are the differences?

I'm just looking at the tips being yellow and burned, N deficiency is more the leaf getting lighter in color as the plant draws nitrogen from the lower fans. Seems really young plants like that burn fast.

Thanks Mr. Magoo...three lower leaves have just a little brown on their tips, but I think that is the result of having this plant out in full sun in 95 degree temps all day for three days in a row. Plant now seems to be stable and no new browning, but as the heat continues, I am moving the plant into the shade between noon and 3:00 pm. Just got a ph meter yesterday, and tested water at ph of 8...a little high, but today I will test what the water reads after passing through the soil..read that ph isn't that important with soil...

read that ph isn't that important with soil...

My pH also runs in the high 7's, but my girls love it. I am trying to get it down a bit with some help from rain water, compost tea, and @Smeegol suggestion of lemon juice. It will be interesting to see if they grow faster, slower, greener, lighter, or whatever.

My pH also runs in the high 7's, but my girls love it. I am trying to get it down a bit with some help from rain water, compost tea, and @Smeegol suggestion of lemon juice. It will be interesting to see if they grow faster, slower, greener, lighter, or whatever.
I use soil and my pH is always around 7. Run off has settled in at just under 7. I'm just rollin with it. The plants are doing good and I also use lemon juice to get a small drop in pH to help with root lock out

Update...30 days and 16 days in...
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG

Back
Top Bottom