Breeding Grow Journal: 144 Seeds Selection

Frigault's Genetics

I'm starting my selection of F2 seeds
For my personal breeding project.
My girlfriends has been in lots of pain and she often complains about potency smell and look of what she gets her hands on. So i've decided to develop her own strain..
I have lots of seed a very small space but lots of friends with plenty of room to push my project further by flowering the result winner to select the breeding pair...

My first selection for vigor was a succes. Now i'm sowing the result of this first cross and will be working toward selecting the trait i was looking for and stabilise it.

This will be the journal.

Popping 144 F2 seeds to make F3's with selected couple..

I still have the F1 mother some F1 seeds and some F2 seeds left if i need to work back to improve certain traits before i decide to hybidize with another ibl strain that i've already selected.. I will post image and review the developpement very often... And will take to it a little further if i see it possible.

I will not be pollen chucking but highly be doing selective breeding.

Here is and image of the seed that were popped yesterday march 6th at 8pm

And the mother the seed came from...

Attachments

• 1583541594303.jpg
    1583541594303.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 1578617490583.jpg
    1578617490583.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 167
I have a friends that has some of those seed in another provice that he's going to do an outdoor run and another here in my province that will also be doing outdour test. One will be closer to sea shore and one more inland.. So a lot will be tested indoor and outdoor.. I have tested for powdery mild the last run.. I would get some in the soil and whats not and none seemed to spread to the plant.. So ill be checking this on this run also... In about 2 month i'll be making clone that will be sent to diffrent environment for this purpose

Be interesting to see what and how you do things
I'll be showing every step for this selection.. First step is seedling shifting.. Any elongation mutation or incomplete leaf formation Is discarded within the first few weeks after this if numbers are low i start another batch.. Then i'll be looking at developpent and structure of the plant. After a few week i can seperate male from female. Then a lots of clone will be made and everything will be numbered send to some friends for flowering and other places for some stress test. So i'll be showing some of this

Viability and germination rates 72hours later...

97% germination rate after 72h

141 out of 144 viable seeds..

The male used for the F2 creation had taken 6 days to germinate and had cracked soil on 7 day.. So i'm giving the 3 seeds few more days to crack open.

So viability of seed selection is a success!!

Will be transplanting plug into 3inch deep tray so tap roots that are poking thru bottom holes don't suffer (dry or rot)...

More updates to come.

Attachments

• DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    685.5 KB · Views: 152
This is a picture from 3 days ago. I've selected 126 out of the 144 seeds (they all germinated) for a 100% germination rate. All seedling are been exposed to daylight, led and hps (3 sources of light) an they are water with a mist and special brew tea enrich with greatwhite and ocean microorgarnism mineral to boist living soil...

They all have a similar height and leaf ratio. I can spot a few among the 126 that seems to be doing a little better, but the growth diffrence is minimal at the moment.. Two of them seems to have experience a heat stress of some sort.

But overal is healty and growing great.

After speaking with friends.. All plant that will show great reasponse over the next weeks will be selected for the next phase of male female selections. All female will be sent to another area after been cloned abd lable where they will be flowered indoor and outdoor and a thc/cbd test will be made on all desirable female after flowering...
This project has landed me free sample price of cost on all equippement for later testing and a 250 plant spot indoor and a 180 plant outdoor for testing.

Can't wait to show you next reasult in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 1584055832658.jpg
    1584055832658.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 15842113358967391867117146016337.jpg
    15842113358967391867117146016337.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 159
Thanks. I'm not in any hurry anyway :D They are just for my own personal use. I'm kinda a seed cracking junkie. You never know what you might find.
Running same thing over and over gets boring over time. I'm going to try and do a big seed run towards end of summer. Maybe few dozen to pheno hunt

Wait till they start bursting out of the calyx and you can see the seeds. There is always some imature. But the mature will be really big and hard to crack with finger almost impossible.. Around week six.
I've collected over 500 seeds from my selection.
Thanks. I'm not in any hurry anyway :D They are just for my own personal use. I'm kinda a seed cracking junkie. You never know what you might find.
Running same thing over and over gets boring over time. I'm going to try and do a big seed run towards end of summer. Maybe few dozen to pheno hunt
Yeah... I'm doing the pheno hunt on 126 seedling for one male one female and female will get flowered after i've selectec the winner. Then the f3 seeds will go fir a f4 run all the way to F5.. After this i will be able to use this IBL strain has a builting block for cross breeding.

I saw you mentioned height to leaf ratio. Are you talking about node spacing? I've flowered same plants over and over again under different light spectrum and I have noticed that under 4k vrs 3k the 4k causes lot more leaf formation. Food for thought.
Currently I'm using R spec boards in 3500k with results I'm happy with

. I use 3 source of light at the same time. No metal halide.. In the morning. They are put into a rack and get the direct sunlight from the widow and aftert they get transfered onto the floor under hps with a rotation around a led light to give it a good spectrum around 18-20h of light. By leaf ratio i mean some will have bigger leaf and some smaller or some will have diffrent numbers of blade leaf development or faster branching. This is what will be taken into consideration. Bigger leaf in earlier start means more photosynthesis and faster developpement. So far the strech is fairly even. Stretch into flowering will be considered. More spacing mean more air flow and less chance of bud rots and mold developpement for out door. Has for indoor the mother used was put in a higher humidity inviroment with dense bud formation to check for mold and mildew. Only the substate seem to form mold do to high organic content without any spread to the plant itself.

Back
Top Bottom