Breeding Journal - AK47 / AK48 / Strawberry Cough / White Widow / Morning Glory

Jamahl

Hi fellow growers.

This journal is in order to document some breeding that i am undertaking at the moment.

I have Feminised Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion), White Widdow (GHS), Morning Glory (Barnys).

Now i have been growing SC and WW for a couple of grows and have mother plants, but i want to do some breeding firstly out of interest, but secondly to save some genetics.

I have AK47 and AK48 seeds, non-feminised.

The plan is to grow 2x AK47 and AK48, hope for a male....cross this male with AK47/AK48/SC/MG/WW

Now the setup.
i am going to sacrifice one of my Homebox 1.2x1.2m (3ft sq) tents
Lighting: 600W HPS Digital
Pots: 5 inch pots (2x in each 12 inch outer pots
Material: coco coir x perlite mix
Nutes: Dutch Feast, bit of Rhizotonic to start off with. Conc at 0.6 EC rising to 0.8-1.0 once established
pH: Try and set to 5.2 then rise to 5.9 before dropping again.

Here are some pictures of the SC and WW mother plants at 3wks flower (used ROCK JUICE to speed flower up).

WW
WW_Wk3_FlowerC_Small_.jpg

WW_Wk3_FlowerB_Small_.jpg

SC
SC_Wk3_FlowerA_Small_.jpg

SC_Wk3_FlowerC_Small_.jpg

And this is what the SC looked like when it finished

Room2_091105_Bud_2_Small_.JPG

Room2_091114_Bud_2_Small_.JPG

Re: Breeding Journal - AK47/AK48/StrawberryCough/WhiteWiddow/MorningGlory

Hopefully the above pictures got your attention.:grinjoint:

Now i started the grow a while ago and am now three weeks into flower.

Thought i wouldnt post until now, so that the first bit of the grow went quickly on the journal, hence kept people's attention.

Here are the plants at Day 1 of Flowering

Note, there are two plants in each of the AK47 and AK48 big pots, one plant in the Morning Glory (12 inch pot) and one freshly rooted clone in the Strawberry Cough pot.

Breeding_D1_Flower_Small_.jpg

AK47

AK47_D1_Flower_Small_.jpg

AK48

AK48_D1_Flower_Small_.jpg

Morning Glory

MG_D1_Flower_Small_.jpg

Strawberry Cough

SC_D1_Flower_Small_.jpg

Notice the yellow leaves on the MG. This is due to the pH being over 6 and it taking me quite a while to drop it due to the buffering of the coco coir.

Day 14 of flower and i was able to pick the boys out.
Luckily i had 1 AK47 boy and 1 AK48 boy, leaving 1 female of each too.
I decided to kill the AK48 Boy and just keep the AK47.
I removed the male from the two pot within a pot system and now just pour nutirent water on it every couple of days (expect it to give me pollen prior to it needing a flush).

I moved the male out of the tent and now it just hangs around in dark spot and i open my veg tent for around 12hrs a day so it gets some light. It just needs to give me pollen, so light levels and watering are not critical, just the 12hrs is.

Day 21 of flowering

I think the flowers are just getting big enough to pollenate, but the male has not popped yet.

Male AK47 Day 21 Flower

AK47_M_D21_FlowerB_Small_.jpg

Female AK47 and AK48

AK_D21_Flower_Small_.jpg

Female Morning Glory

MG_D21_Flower_Small_.jpg

Female Strawberry Cough

SC_D21_FLower_Small_.jpg

I am amazed how big the AKs grew once they went to flower....much more growth than the MG.

Found a male flower on one of my harvested SC from last grow. I put it in a bag in the freezer and today took it out and tried to pollenate the SC (one branch only). Thought it was worth a try even though the male flowers were a bit dry.

Will wait another week till i pollenate.

The first of the male flowers burst today.....much more pollen than i expected.
I placed a bit of pollen on the Strawberry as i wanted the plant to put as much energy into the SC as it does into the AK pollinated sections of the plant.
Might put the male back in the room now ...or may manually pollenate a few flowers from each of the plants..... Pics up tomorrow if i can.

Time for an update.
Plants were polinated from 14-16 days ago.
Strawberry Cough is the oldest at 16 days, then AK47 at 15, Barneys Farm Morning Glory at 15 and AK48 at 14 days.

It is interesting that within a couple of days of pollination the white style (white hairs) turned orange, whilst the unpollinated hairs are still white and looking very new and fresh.

Strawberry Cough Unpollinated
SC_D30_Bud.jpg

Strawberry Cough POLLINATED
SC_D30_P16_Bud.jpg

Morning Glory UNPOLLINATED
MG_D30.jpg

Morning GLory POLLINATED
MG_D30_P14.jpg

AK48 UNPOLLINATED
AK48_D30_2.jpg

AK48 POLLINATED
AK48_D30_P12_Bud.jpg

AK47 UNPOLLINATED
AK47_D30.jpg

AK47 POLLINATED
AK47_D30_P14_Bud.jpg

U can see some pollen on the AK47 Picture.

Interestingly the AK47 and AK48 although the same height and stretch have different buds. The AK47 have smaller buds stretched out along the stem with lots of side branching. The AK48 have larger buds closer together (they will joint to form colas) but very little secondary branching. The color of the leaves is very different too.....AK47 is very light green and AK48 very dark green...

Question for you guys...how long do i have to leave the seeds after pollination? Can i harvest them 4wks after pollination or do i haver to leave it to the end of the grow when i harvest the other buds?????

Bump

surely someone can help with my qn

Thanks for the LINK ultrasonic.....google is one thing, and there is always many different and misinformed views.

I was wondering if there was any expert breeders on the site lurking who might have some recomendations.

The Strawberry Cough plant now has seeds that i can see, but they are only about half the size of what i would expect them to be and they are still green and juicy....not brown with a shell yet.......

How did this project turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom