Lemon Haze and Strawberry Cough Hydro Grow

gsskunk

What's up folks? :) Im GSskunk and I'm a huge fan of this forum. My gf/wife (depends what day of the month it is) is a big time medical smoker. I've always wanted to grow... so hey, here I am :) I've been experimenting with local seed strains from the dispensaries for the past few months. I used ff soil and fertz with a makeshift growbox and 400hps. After rave reviews, I finally got the go ahead from the Missus to invest some big bucks to upgrade the setup which includes a drip hydro system.

For christmas, my hunny bunny bought me some seeds from wwms. My makeshift box has been upgraded. Built two 2x4 closets. One for Veg and one for flowering.

Day 1: Germinated seeds as soon as it arrived in the mail. I have two strawberry coughs (personal favorite) and one lemon haze. Both feminized. The stronger SC will be my mother plant along with my lemon haze.
DSC000345.JPG

DSC000358.JPG

DSC000408.JPG

Here is my germinating/cloning station. Seeds are going to be sowed in a 1inch grodan cube. Setup includes 48w flo, humidity cover and heating pad.
DSC000434.JPG

Veg Station includes high output 416w flo, mylar walls, 2x4 hydro drip system
DSC000366.JPG

Flowering Station includes 400w hps, mylar walls, 2x4 hydro drip, co2 makeshift.
DSC000384.JPG

n

One of my babies... crossing fingers that it's a girl. I cropped it down to look like a christmas tree.
DSC000416.JPG

Will be updating soon!

GSskunk

What's up folks? :) Im GSskunk

Not much bruddah.
What's up GSskunk, onthe420train here.

First off, I hope you are welcome to me posting in your journal - the what's up seemed pretty welcoming ;)

So is that GHS Super Lemon Haze and Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough? I have grown out the SC and let me tell you man, its phenomenal. It will produce fat nugs every node the light hits and stress training would probably take too long to be worth it. That one comes in NICE tho the calyxes get HUGE and the colors smells and flavors are phenomenal. Let it get chilly and keep it real dark late in flowering for extra resin and purps. Great genetics - clone that for real man - its a real slow re-veg though if you take that route - just get it copied in veg. I pulled about 3 ounce off a 3-4 ft tall plant which was given poor lighting - the shorter 2-3ft plants were about an oz each lollipopped - all dank and sweet to the smoke. It is just a great strain I wish I still had it!

What's going on Onthe420Train! I love everyone's input and I'm grinning like an ass right now for that extra info for the SC. I really appreciate that!!!

Man, that strain (SC) is what MJ is meant to be. Finally found WWMS that sold it by the seed. All the seeds are feminized so I won't have to reveg any of them. I'm just going to pick the strongest SC and LH to be moms. They're going to be planted in soil. Their clones will be on hydro. And yes, it is GSH LH and Dutch passion SC!!!

I just checked the seeds first thing this morning. They still haven't popped. I feel like a Dad sitting in the waiting room waiting for the wife to give birth. Super anxious. This stuff is nothing like what we have available locally. I just took cuttings of two of my favorite 1.5 month old Pineapple Kush. They're sitting in the cloning station right now. And next week will be putting them in my flowering room. Really hoping for those two to be girls! Beautiful plants. Close internodes, healthy and super just plain beautiful. Here are some pics of my pineapple kush... I know it's a little off subject but it'll do until my new seeds are ready for planting!

Pineapple Kush clones on 1" Grodan Cubes. Cloned with powder cloner.
pkc.jpeg

First PK plant. This plant has been topped and trimmed to look like a christmas tree.
pk2.jpeg

Second PK plant. Topped and trimmed. This one, I experimented a little with the topping. I cut off all of the little leaves on top instead of leaving two small ones. So now, instead of two branches, I ended up with four on top. This one is super bushy and looks to be a promising mother... if she's a girl :)
pk1.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Suggestions and comments are welcome!!!

GSskunk

babies finally sprouted this afternoon. Merry Christmas! They're now planted in one inch cubes in my germination station. They're the three cubes on the right.

germinating.jpeg

What's going on everyone.... babies are up and running on the drip sys. They're on Micro and bloom nutes (5-10) 1/2 strength and floralicious plus. Pump is on for 15 min, ones a day. Should I increase it to 2 or 3 times a day??? Here's an updated pic

grow.jpeg

I only hear good things about Lemon Haze cant wait to see yours so Im tuned in for sure:slide:

Hey man, yeh, the old lady and I heard awesome things about the Super lemon haze too... But can't find it locally at the dispensaries. Thank You for watching, I hope not to disappoint. Will update soon!

GS

What's up everyone? Well, it's day 16 for my babies today and I must say, I'm kind of disappointed. My grow has been quite slow. This is my first time with Hydro and the results I have on day 16 is the same results I would have on day 9-10 on organic soil. I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me troubleshoot here...

Here are some pics...

1. Strawberry Haze 1 Biggest of all my plants so far
securedownload_2.jpeg

2. Super Lemon Haze. Slowest grower
securedownload_2.jpeg

3. Strawberry Haze 2 I accidentally pulled the 1 inch rockwool out of the 4 inch to check if it has rooted... Well... it did and I tore up the roots. So its growing hella slow. It was the healthiest of the three.
securedownload_3.jpeg

I have a drip system. I'm on the lucas. Here's the nuts in my tank:

*10 gallon tank with 10ppm water. PH stays between 5.6-6.2.
1. 5ml/ gal Micro flora
2. 10ml/gal bloom flora.
3. 50ml for the ten gallons Floralicious Plus
4. 1tsp/gal Cal/Mag plus

The timer is set to water every four hours for thirty mins. I have two air stones in the bottom of my reservoir running 24 hours a day. Seeds are feminized. For a growing medium I started on a 1 in rockwool which upgraded to a 4 in rockwool. When the seedlings rooted, I placed them on a pot of clay pellets. Lights: 18 hours a day on fluorescence T5's.

Issue: Am I being a little impatient or are my plants growing slow for hydro? They're sixteen days old. They're four-four and a half inches tall, the leaves are pictured above. One thing that I did notice though was that my plants rooted quickly....way faster than my soil grows ever did. Any advice or tweaking I should try?

I really appreciate everyone's help! And thank you for following my journal.

GSskunk

Everything is looking good, just keep an eye on the rockwool because they can hold alot of water and you got the 4 in rockwool cubes

Picture time!

Four days since last update... the plants grew quite a bit in that time frame.

Strawberry Cough... One of my future moms.
securedownload_31.jpeg

Strawberry Cough # 2. A bit of a slow grower. I'm going to flower her as soon as next week.
securedownload2.jpeg

Super Lemon Haze... This plant grew quite slow as well. I only bought 1 feminized seed of this variety. From this experience, I've definitely learned to buy at least two so I can pick the strongest for a mom.
securedownload_21.jpeg

So, it's day 19 of the grow- Day 5 of the veg stage. For my moms, I'm going to let my plants grow for another 45 days before I start taking cuttings from them. And, for my one strawberry cough that's for flowering, I'm going to transfer her to the flowering station in about 10 days. Strawberry Cough is mostly sativa which will produce a tall plant. I project the plant to be about 15 inches before I move her for another 70 days of flowering.

Some new questions that I have are listed below. I hope some of you guys would be able to help out... :)

1. I have the rockwool sitting in a 6 in mesh pot of hydroton. The roots are starting to peak out of the pots ... do i transplant it or do i just let it "hang"? I'm worried that the roots might rot.

2. I have some green algae on the rockwool. Is there a product out there that will help me take care of it? OR should I just cover it up with hydroton?

Thanks for watching everyone!

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom