PacificNorth's 400w Hempy Hybrid Strawberry Haze ScrOG

PacificNorth

Strain: Arjans Strawberry Haze
Number of Plant: 5
Light: 400w HPS for flower
Medium: 80% Coco Peralite
Nutrient: Basic General Hydro
Container: 5 Gal root screen pots inserted into 10 gal totes w/ hempy style drains.

Hey everyone. This is the start of my journal documenting my first attempt at ScrOG. Last night I began germination of 5 Arjans Strawberry Haze beans. Which will first be place in a coco growing medium under a 48w CFL setting once I see some tails here.
Nutrient will be delivered via flood table soaking peralite wicking up into the baskets with coco medium.

Being a long time soil grower this is new to so please bare with it. Looking for any constructive comments or thoughts.

-Photos soon to follow this evening.

Here is a run down on what will be used to begin this grow.

Seedling:

250ml net pots
48w CFL
Coco medium
3 Gallons distilled H20
5ml Each Mirco Grow Bloom
35gph recirculating pump

Early Veg:

250ml net pots
120w CFL
Coco Medium
3 Gallons distilled H20
15ml Each Micro Grow Bloom
35 gph recirculating pump

-Photos will follow soon.

Details for the later phases are still in progress but here is what I have already done.

400 W HPS
2 x 10 Gallon totes. Hempy bucket hybrid
Drain to waste w/ recycle plumbing for flower gardens around home
2.5 x 3.0 chamber w/ ScrOG
18" Charcoal filtraition
350 CFM fan w/ Temp contol
Dual stationed circulation fan
NutraDip Stationary Monitor PPM/PH/Temp
45 Gallon Res
350 gph pump w/ hydro rings on second day timer or as needed.

The chamber will look something like that, the res will be filled as as needed and the Hempy buckets will be automatically watered on the same schedual with excess draining to outside collection buckets.

Thank you all for checking this out and hope you follow as this progresses. Any positive thoughts questions or info is wecome as this grow will gradually progress as I expand and begin the perpetual aspect.

Pacific North. :goodluck:

2012-01-23_20_52_12.jpg

Alright so here is my 5 pack of Arjans Strawberry Haze Feminized from the Green House Seed Company. I in the future will be also ordering Jack Herer which was my original choice but were out of stock. As well as a lemon skunk and SS Early Skunk possible Skunkberry as well along with Ladyburn 1974. More research will be needed though in preparation for the spring melt and summer when outdoor gardens can be enjoyed.

2012-01-24_15_46_18.jpg

The basic GH line up. Although I will be adding a number of other products. Wishing that I had Super Thrive or a B-1 complex for the first few days here but have nothing to me avail at this time. Basic distilled water will have to be good enough untill my portable PH and EC meters arive.

-Photos of seedling chamber and final chamber to follow. Going to go work on that now and will be back with updates.

Pacific North :roorrip:

Alright so here is a few photos of the cabinet and set up, still needing the rest of the Mylar applied and another service door constructed.

2012-01-24_18_09_56.jpg

Here is the cabinet, constructed under a work bench in my shed. Dimmensions are roughly 2.5 x 3.0 ft. A ScrOG screen will be added and the hempy buckets plumbed in.

2012-01-24_18_10_49.jpg

Lousy pictures and still a mess under construction but here is the main doors open. The 2 x 6 door beside is a acess to the exhaust and a second service door for working under the ScrOG.

2012-01-24_18_09_20.jpg

Here we have the service door givin accces to the other end of the ScrOG.

2012-01-24_18_08_44.jpg

Exhaust system, a little overkill but it is all I have right now.

2012-01-24_18_12_29.jpg

Top shot of the box. Showing the top of my work bench along with lighting and charcoal filtration.

Alright so Im still trying to figure out how to upload more than just a link.
So I checked my beans and within 23 hour 3/5 have germinated 2 having tail about 3/16 of a inch long. Within 25 hours all 5 have cracked, I have planted to 2 showing tails into the 250ml pots with coco medium. Been placed into the wick propogator running at a constant 23.7 degrees celcius with the other 3 wrapped in their paper towel, wedged between two plates and sitting on my stereo receiver for consistent warmth, I have a seedling mat somewhere but this is constantly on anyhow.

Thanks for checking things out, I will be back tomorrow affter planting the next 3 with updates on the main chamber.

Pacific North :bigtoke:

Hey pacificnorth after youvadd the pics to your gallery you can add them directly to your journal by looking at the icons abive the message bar. The last icon is a smiley face that you can click on and open more options for more smileys, if you ckick the thing next to it it will open your gallery and you can click the pic you want to upload or pics. The icon looks like a camera with a green arrow pointing to the smiley facr. Hope that helps..good luck with your grow. Up in the pacific northwest humidity is your biggest obsticle

:reading420magazine:
Hey pacificnorth after youvadd the pics to your gallery you can add them directly to your journal by looking at the icons abive the message bar. The last icon is a smiley face that you can click on and open more options for more smileys, if you ckick the thing next to it it will open your gallery and you can click the pic you want to upload or pics. The icon looks like a camera with a green arrow pointing to the smiley facr. Hope that helps..good luck with your grow. Up in the pacific northwest humidity is your biggest obsticle

Thanks for the input and checking things out, hopefully I can get those pics workin properly. I agree humidity is a pain and I have not researched the mold resistance of Arjans Strawberry haze. Things should be good in the main cab though with the ventilation and intake I have things should hopefully be goo. Thanks again Bro

-Pacific North

2012-01-23_20_52_12.jpg

Arjans Strawberry Haze Beans

2012-01-24_18_09_56.jpg

Cabinet doors under work bench closed

2012-01-24_18_10_49.jpg

Cabinet doors open, further construction and cleaning needed.

2012-01-24_18_08_44.jpg

System fan with closed service door.

2012-01-24_18_09_20.jpg

Open service door so under the ScrOG cannopy is easily reached.

2012-01-24_18_12_29.jpg

Top of cabinet with charcoal filter and 400w HPS

Looking good so far PacificNorth. I will watching this one I have a space similar in size and want to see how a scrog would do compared to the sog I'm running right now.

I think you will really enjoy growing Hempy. :thumb:

Looking good so far PacificNorth. I will watching this one I have a space similar in size and want to see how a scrog would do compared to the sog I'm running right now.

I think you will really enjoy growing Hempy. :thumb:

Sounds Great! Thanks for checking things out. Just finished planting my final 3 beans. Will be doing a follow up momentarily. This whole indoor/soiless thing is new but affter experimenting with my aero garden and wick circulating system I hopefully have the beginings to an understanding of all this. Thanks again and I will be checkin yours out right quik here too.

-Pacific North:yummy:

So got those 3 remaining Strawberry Haze beans planted with all 5 now in the wick propogator and sittin nice at 24.7 degrees.

2012-01-25_09_14_17.jpg

Openin up.

2012-01-25_08_53_15.jpg

Headin into the DIY wick Propogator.

2012-01-25_09_08_35.jpg

Loaded Up

2012-01-25_08_54_32.jpg

Heres the brains of the propogator, 8 spaghetti lines individually adjusted on the manifold, running into a one gallon bucket with drain lines at variouse water depths and overflow holes, constantly pumping water into the flood bucket seperated by root cloth, soaking the peralite and wicking into the DIY net pots coco coir. Hopefully this system works, seemed to work on test runs with Jiffy 7 Pellets, Rockwool and net pots. I have not tried hydro corn as of yet but am hoping I am onto something here.

2012-01-25_09_20_26.jpg

A lil peek inside. The rockwool cubes are just a experiment with some outdoor bagseed. Just popped through today.

Enjoy!
-Pacific North :tommy:

There ya go. Got the pics up nice. You should be ok here with mold. Real low humidity makes it harder for mold to form BUT dont count it out. I still lost a plant to mold in my last grow (i was in denial it was mold and didnt treat it) but thers plenty of ways of bringing that humidity up. Ill help along the way when i can

There ya go. Got the pics up nice. You should be ok here with mold. Real low humidity makes it harder for mold to form BUT dont count it out. I still lost a plant to mold in my last grow (i was in denial it was mold and didnt treat it) but thers plenty of ways of bringing that humidity up. Ill help along the way when i can

Thnaks for the thoughts. Mold shouldnt be a huge problem, in the long run, I got huge ventilation and pretty good monitors in place. My largest concern is getting my nutrients correct and then cloning when I chose my mother out of the 5 as I will be letting the lesser of the 5 flower and taking the strongest to keep as a mother.

More to follow soon.

Thank You
Pacific North

Alright so just checked things out and 25 hours in the coco can see just the slightest signs of one of the girls popping through although she is nearly still burried. Temperateurs are still right around 25.0 celcius, once the first set of leaves show I will gradually lower it to 21.7 or 73 F ish. It is my understanding that at these temperatures photosynthesis takes place its best. Although I could be mistaken as it has been years since I have researched this and the majority of what I know comes from outdoor gardening and information passed down by word over the years as well as alot of trial and error. TOO MUCH! - haha.

I will upload some more photos soon here. Been looking around out side. Snowshoeing and taking some beautiful pictures of some some of the best territory I know of. Hope to see the ladies popping through soon and will be updating offten. Thank you all for checking things out here and any positive thoughts or ideas are more than welcome. Take care everyone! Off to enjoy snowshoeing and the mountains!

-Pacific North :rollit:

Alright folks so just a quik update, I am still waiting to see any more sign of the Strawberry Haze popping through, temperatures are around 24 celcius this evening. Im still trying to find my digital temperature guage to monitor the water temp in the resivoir but its cool to the touch so im sure my Res. temps are good. Hope for some good work for u all tomorrow morning and get some pics up when I see a lil more sign of life.

Time for some of these primo Jack Herer meds an put me to sleep.

Cheers!
-Pacific North

Thanks for following along 253chiefin, I willl have pics to post in the next couple hours although not much has changes, 2 babies have popped through, comming up a little slower than I hoped but I was trying to keep them nutrient free untill the have been in the coco for a week, that might change this evening. Although I am under the understanding that a majority of AJH's growth takes place during the affter flower stretch. Any one have any similar theories or experiences?

I read that veg was to be about 2 weeks with this strain, possible pushed to 3 weeks. With a 10-11 week flower time that sounds about right I think. My ScrOG will be roughly 2.5 x 3.0 ft and will be placed 9 inches above my flood pots making a total of 21 inches above the floor. This time around I was going to flower all 4 and mother one untill I know how this strain fill my ScrOG or even to know just what to expect with this ScrOG. I think this is too much for such a small space but any thoughts from anyone towards that? I guess it will just mean less veg time but we will see.

ScrOG is something I have never tried indoors and only did once outside just for a experiment. But it seems like the best route to go, keeping plant numbers down and maximizing yield. In the future I will be upgrading to 2 600w digitals in cool tubes whcih will be in a 2.0 x 7.0 Cabinet. This small ScrOG is simply a experiment as well to try and hone my skillls for the big time around. Hopefully giving me enough meds to keep myself going into next winter. We shall see though.

Photos to come soon even though there is little new to see.

Cheers everyone!
-Pacific North

Alright so things are lookin good, 3/5 have broken soil, one is now fully open. I took a few pics, going to have to buy a better camera though, android dont cut it. Still waiting for my portable PH meter so I can calibrate my Nutri dip Trimeter and monitor things closely but I am pretty certain my ph is reasonable as I have been using this same R.O H20 from a dispenser at a local store. 6 Gals at a time for about $4.00. I will have to purchase a unit in the near future. With that said I gave a slight amount of feed into the res. Only about 1/4 of what is recomended for seedlings. I have my bag seed babies sprouted and about 4 days ahead of the haze, these are just for exparimenting but also will serve as a monitor for water quality feeding the Haze babies.

Im just gunna run out to the shop for a quik bong rip and I will be back uploading pics to further depict what I am describing.

-Pacific North :roorrip::party:

2012-01-27_21_28_42.jpg

Peek Inside, Staying right around 23.8 celcius tonight.

2012-01-27_21_25_37.jpg

Image blurry, its bright in there! Strawberry Haze at 4 days from start of germination and Rockwool bag seed babies skirtin the net pots with coco.

2012-01-27_21_24_46.jpg

Skirtin again, 4 days and 8 days since start of germination.

2012-01-27_21_23_42.jpg

Babies in their coco. Can barely see the second 2 if visible at all.

Nice! Hopefully they all crack for you on this. Im lookin forward to seein them grow

Thanks for checkin in, All the seeds had tails when I germinated them, whcih I was pleased with affter reading some people only have 3/5 success sometimes. They are just having a hard time getting through the coco I guess, I wish I had SuperThrive to start them with, next turn around. This strain seems to be starting slow whcih makes sense with the amount of stretch it is known for. Only one left to break the solis surface and it isnt too far off. Little do the ladies know their performance is already being documented and every aspect of their grow cycle in the first 3 weeks is what I am chosing my mother from. So far its lady # 2. Then if all seems well and everyone is looking happy tonight I will increase the nutrient by about 15%. Wish I had my EC and PPM meter buts but they arent in untill the 31st.

I will also be placing a order for some seeds tonight, a few different strains I want to experiment with for outside and inside, I will get my notebook and tell you all what I am thinking. But for now, thank you all!

-Pacific North :morenutes:

Alright, back from another day of snowshoeing, 10+ inches of fresh snow, affter gettin home and checkin the girls we are now at 4/5 breaking the soils surface and good growth on the ones already through, Going to take a few pictures in a moment and do a little furth research regarding nutrient recipies for young seedlings, I am usin the GH Flora line. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks for checkin in you all and any suggestions thoughts or questions are more than welcome.

-Pacific North

Back
Top Bottom