On The Shoulders of Giants: Hempy/Coco/OC+/GLH

haha ... i still laff looking at my quote. I don't understand spidermites ...never had them. Then again I where I reside I don't rely on someone elses clones... nor do I grab stuff from outdoors and bring it inside.

IMHO ..i think someone has yet to create a totally organic (and most importantly EZ to use) feeding schedule for mmj. Ill stand by lucas all day long. Not organic ... but my point of view is simple ... you light it ..it burns ...it smokes.

when organic becomes as simple as Lucas ... ill give it a try. BTW ... an old school grower in my neighborhood swears that cal-mag ..even the odor of it ..will ward off all bugs. I put some on a cotton ball in a jar with a cricket ... DEAD. The dahli lama might be angry with me, but I can promise no bugs in my garden...unless its a ladybug, praying mantis, or spiders. Ahhh gotta love chemicals and pollution!

I look forward to watching this grow from start to finish, but I feel you will have much work ahead ..and many many hours of stress. I do hope I'm incorrect!

haha thats some crazy shit about cal mag warding off bugs- I was useing it before and it didn't seem to stop the spider mites :/ but I was useing some weak ass calmag by botanicare that bottle of calmag actually kinda gave me a biast towards calmag because no matter how much I dosed my plants nothing would happen! I could have poored that whole bottle into my soil and nothing would have happened no burn nothing! When I would mix my water together in a 3 gallon bucket i'd add the cal mag and niether the PPM nor the PH would change, so either there was a huge mistake made with the bottle I had, or what I believe to be true-Botanicare products are piss water!
No offense to anyone useing it but thats just the thing not many do use their line up besides maybe the "Sweet" carbo line and I can't talk crap on those bc I havn't used them yet, but im aprehensious of doing so.

@zombo Picture update for all us stoners who like pictures more than reading (I do both but I just love pictures to go along with :) )

haha thats some crazy shit about cal mag warding off bugs- I was useing it before and it didn't seem to stop the spider mites :/ but I was useing some weak ass calmag by botanicare that bottle of calmag actually kinda gave me a biast towards calmag because no matter how much I dosed my plants nothing would happen! I could have poored that whole bottle into my soil and nothing would have happened no burn nothing! When I would mix my water together in a 3 gallon bucket i'd add the cal mag and niether the PPM nor the PH would change, so either there was a huge mistake made with the bottle I had, or what I believe to be true-Botanicare products are piss water!
No offense to anyone useing it but thats just the thing not many do use their line up besides maybe the "Sweet" carbo line and I can't talk crap on those bc I havn't used them yet, but im aprehensious of doing so.

@Zombo Picture update for all us stoners who like pictures more than reading (I do both but I just love pictures to go along with :) )

LOL, I can tell you Botanicare Cal-Mag+ stinks to high heaven, nasty! The tent temp when I got home was 78°F :cheer:, some of the babies not looking so hot though...I cleaned out the litter pans the cups are in, then watered them in the center for the roots just enough to have water trickle out the damned holes. I also raised the lights up to 36", just a hunch that the lights being that close at this early stage had something to do with how they're looking.

Pictures up in about 5 minutes - I PROMISE, PG! :high-five:

600W_Coco:Hempy_-_108.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_109.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_110.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_111.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_112.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_113.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_114.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_115.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_116.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_117.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_118.jpg

Ahhh Im sorry your having trouble dude those were all started from seed right? I hope you have more seeds left in case you gatta pull the plug on these frustrating girls.

Ahhh Im sorry your having trouble dude those were all started from seed right? I hope you have more seeds left in case you gatta pull the plug on these frustrating girls.
Yeah, I have no more bagseed, but the ones I ordered are available. At least I know now what NOT to do :) Gotta watch the vent flaps and be gentle with them under the lights at first....I think.

sorry about the girls.

you dont have both lights running do you? how close are they to the plants? if you had both at 24" its way too close! I was trying to tell you these lights are no joke and you need to keep them high at 1st. one light should be running and at least 3' above the plants, and thats with my old 300w model.

looks like their transpiring too much from the lights too close and temps too high and maybe the fans on them too much. try this one 1 of them, give them a folair spray of filtered water and put a coke bottle over her, keep her moist, by spraying the inside of the bottle and see if she greens up and gets better? a couple of times a day let her breath and put the bottle back on. try it on one of them at 1st to see if it turns her around before the other ones go threw this.

did you rinse the hell out of that coco to flush the salts out?

and ya thats why i bought the organic Cal/mag from GH because i have the same cal/mag you have and it smells like pure chems.lol it works great though

sorry about the girls.

you dont have both lights running do you? how close are they to the plants? if you had both at 24" its way too close! I was trying to tell you these lights are no joke and you need to keep them high at 1st. one light should be running and at least 3' above the plants, and thats with my old 300w model.

looks like their transpiring too much from the lights too close and temps too high and maybe the fans on them too much. try this one 1 of them, give them a folair spray of filtered water and put a coke bottle over her, keep her moist, by spraying the inside of the bottle and see if she greens up and gets better? a couple of times a day let her breath and put the bottle back on. try it on one of them at 1st to see if it turns her around before the other ones go threw this.

did you rinse the hell out of that coco to flush the salts out?

and ya thats why i bought the organic Cal/mag from GH because i have the same cal/mag you have and it smells like pure chems.lol it works great though

Yeah, I had both on at 36" and they looked pretty good, so I though "some is good, more is better!" and dropped 'em to 24". That, with the vent flap falling shut and baking the tent pretty much fvcked things up, I think.

I'll get right on the bottle thing, I have some 2 liter bottles down stairs and pure ro water and a sprayer. I did rinse the bejesus out of the coco before using it, and I raised the lights to 36" again, you really think one light over all 12 at 36" is enough?

Yeah, I had both on at 36" and they looked pretty good, so I though "some is good, more is better!" and dropped 'em to 24". That, with the vent flap falling shut and baking the tent pretty much fvcked things up, I think.

I'll get right on the bottle thing, I have some 2 liter bottles down stairs and pure ro water and a sprayer. I did rinse the bejesus out of the coco before using it, and I raised the lights to 36" again, you really think one light over all 12 at 36" is enough?

should be enough, just look at the foot print, they dont need allot of light this young, i have my one 240w 34" right now because their stressed out and i think the lights no helping. just seems it will lower the stress to me, its hard for me to say because ive never used these new lights but my old ones, but even my 300w old one i kept 30"+ with my big jacks threw most of veg. so i would say it should be plenty. these leds arnt light other leds you have used they are strong. try the bottle on one of them and see if it helps? its helped me before, but might not be the case for you but its worth the risk IMO of one girl, if she looks worse then take the bottle off. try it on your worst one

Ladies are gonna recover just fine brother. I am keeping the faith. does seem like the bottle theory would bring much more moisture to the plant and hopefully make it start producing some better foliage. The first couple sets of leaves dont matter that much anyways IMHO so concentrate on the new foliage. May the greenery gods shine upon you dear sir. :popcorn:

Yeah, I have no more bagseed, but the ones I ordered are available. At least I know now what NOT to do :) Gotta watch the vent flaps and be gentle with them under the lights at first....I think.

What kind of lights are they under? LED? If they're LED I have no experience there and and all my knowledge on them honestly is hear say no true fact as I havn't investigated them myself or really read anything about them.

BUT

If those are Florescents (if they are thats a bad ass houseing for them) then it couldn't be tooo much light or too much heat.

I will tell you though that I read something in the most recent issue of "Maximum Yield" hydroponic magazine that there was an article talking about actual "light overdose" basically you can kill an under developed plant with TOO much light. If you would like to know more about this i'd be glad to copy the article into here. If your running Florescents though I highly doubt they could get you anywhere near the light overdose threshold.

Good Luck on the next batch
-pg

Zombo for future reference always move a light like that slowly, an inch or two a day. Then watch and see how the plants are doing. Good luck, hope they pull through.

Zombo for future reference always move a light like that slowly, an inch or two a day. Then watch and see how the plants are doing. Good luck, hope they pull through.

Well, if they don't, I'll just start a new grow with the beans I got a few weeks back, and the ones I got today :D

I have all twelve under one 395w, 36" from the rims of the cups. I'll see how they're doing when I get home.:wood:

Well, they're still alive -- I'd even say they're looking better than they did 12 hours ago. Starting to get some new green growth in the centers, and even the one I though for sure was a goner is still hanging tough. Thanks to Irish Boy for his humidity dome 2L bottle idea, that one little almost dead baby has a chance now!

I got the rest of my beans in the mail today, so my 'top shelf' bean stock is:

• Female Seeds Grapefruit® - 4 female
  • Next Generation Dynamite - 5 regular
  • T.H. Seeds A-train® - 5 female
  • Dinafem Sweet Deep Grapefruit - 3 female
  • Paradise Seeds "Indica Champions" - 2 female each of Sensi Star, Ice Cream and White Berry
  • Paradise Seeds Pandora® - 3 female autoflowering
  • G13 Labs Super Skunk - 1 female
  • G13 Labs Pineapple Express - 1 female
  • Female Seeds C99 Hybrid - 1 female
  • Female Seeds Bubblegummer - 1 female
I think that 30 beans should be plenty of stock to start with once I learn the nuances of growing with my new equipment and method. Thanks again all of you that are supporting me while I figure this out!

:peace:

Holy shit Zombo I think that will get you started lol!

I swear there's nothing like OC+ for seedlings, clones and damaged plants. If they won't pull through you'll know there was nothing more you could do, but I'll bet they'll be real healthy plants within a week.

wow zombo i missed a few pages of you grow. :cool: sorry to hear about the headache you have been having. but im glad to see that things are turning around for you. what is the NPK for the oc+ again? ill pack a bowl for the little ones tonight :tokin:

cool if it dose work, you own me a twisted joint from one of the girls.lol:tokin:

keep me posted on how it looking today

Just check 'em a few hours ago, and it looks like all 12 will survive. I'm sure that trauma so early in life has warped their genetics and stressed them horribly. I'll surely find out how tough cannabis is after this grow!

Maybe I'll have to drive a fattie out there after harvest lol

wow zombo i missed a few pages of you grow. :cool: sorry to hear about the headache you have been having. but im glad to see that things are turning around for you. what is the NPK for the oc+ again? ill pack a bowl for the little ones tonight :tokin:

Thanks bro -- the NPK of the OC+ is 15-9-12. All the OC+ specs are here. As you can see it's got pretty much everything our cannabis needs for healthy growth! :reading420magazine:

Zombo my ak48 started out taking 8 days to germ and was a twisted up mutant when she sprouted. OC+ fixed her right up.

I predict in another week you won't even be able to tell they were sick and it will be off to the races :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom