On The Shoulders of Giants: Hempy/Coco/OC+/GLH

Looking awesome, :goodluck:
Thank you very much, HempRocket, I'm hoping it's as awesome in 75 days or so :wood:
very cool zombo. gonna be a great gro mate. hats off to u!!
If only I had some Kali Mist to grow - your girls was freaking awesome..I hope these bagseeds have some magic genetics lol
Those are some cool lights!! Congrats! Your tent looks really nice.
You would not believe how bright they are in person. My pal has a pair of 600's and these are easily brighter - the pics cannot do them justice at all. Welcome to the grow, and keep your snippers away from my boys! LOL
I now pronounce you man and plants, you may smoke the bride! :thanks:
RAmen. :cool:
Ready, set, GROW!
Damn straight! Thanks for visiting my journal Hydrogrown :welcome: I've done so much prep and reading, it was about damned time to start!
nice set up zombo... :wood:
Danke. I'm quite proud of it.

So, just checked on the girls, all look happy, primary leaves extended in pure photon bliss -- the water that spewed out the damned holes and into the cat litter pans is just about evaporated, but the weight in the cups is still there, proving the water retaining properties of the coir. Oh, and by the way, I'm just watering with tap water (softened), treated with 10ml/gal of Cal-Mag+.

By the way, this grow tent is in a fairly cold basement (about 60°F average), and with the pair of 395's running from around noon today until about 40 minutes ago, the temperature in the tent went from 58°F to 84°F. I have read some LED growers like the elevated temps; I'm not sure there has been a conclusive set of studies done on it, so I'll just go with it, and as Irish Boy says, listen to my plants, they tell you what they need.

I think my journal name is retarded, so I want to change it -- who can I ask to do that? LOL

:peace:

to get ride of spider mites get some Hot Shots No Pest Stripes, they will be dead the next day. keep them in their for 2 weeks atleast so u can kill the egss. they are the best thing to use on spider mites. they have them at Homedepot for $7.00, dont waist ur money on other things.

ur mom has a Mag def and soon a cal def if not already.

sorry i just seen this grow or i would have given u the tip sooner.

YO! I got a question for you! Which do you think is better, running your veg room with the light on 24 hours 7 days a week or running the classic 18 hours on 6 hours off every 24 hours cycle and why do you like that one over the other one? Just trying to get some statistics from what everyone im in contact with on this site thinks

YO! I got a question for you! Which do you think is better, running your veg room with the light on 24 hours 7 days a week or running the classic 18 hours on 6 hours off every 24 hours cycle and why do you like that one over the other one? Just trying to get some statistics from what everyone im in contact with on this site thinks

I'm a 24/0 guy myself. Cannabis can use all the light it can get, unlike some plants which require a dark period. Also, some strains respond better than others, so you'll just have to experiment.

your set up is looks great zombo. you gonna get some monsters in there. is you tent against a wall or can you get around it?
:tokin:
I can get around both sides, no walls in the way at all :) It's nice to have the room to set up a tent with all sides accessible!

Watered the babies again tonight, same tap water with 10ml/gal of Cal-Mag+, they're looking really good, and have stopped stretching so much (I had the 63w light just over the humidity dome and the seedlings were still stretching like mad), all of them have full sets of primary leaves, and a couple are sprouting the second set :grinjoint:

I decided to let my sage mom cross the green bridge -- I have two cuttings from her that I hope will root, its a nice strain. As far as growing out the bagseeds, I'm going to flip them 12/12 as soon is they're rooted fully in the cups, then pick out the nicest male and isolate him in the 2' x 2' tent until I harvest pollen. The other guys will be chopped. All the females will be taken to maturity and I will pollinate a branch or two of the nicest girl for future seed stock.

Of course, this is all mostly speculation, as they're only about 2 inches tall!

Just a couple of pictures from a few minutes ago, they have their second set of leaves already! This is what, only the third day under the new lights?:morenutes:

600W_Coco:Hempy_-_103.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_104.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_105.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_106.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_107.jpg

I'm a 24/0 guy myself. Cannabis can use all the light it can get, unlike some plants which require a dark period. Also, some strains respond better than others, so you'll just have to experiment.

Finally someone else who runs the 24 hour cycle like myself! I feel the same way as you plus if your growing in a colder climate it doubles as a way to keep your plants at a constant ambient temp. Anyways keep up the good work your plants are lookin fresh!
Best,
PG

:tokin:

Yo Zombo! I just turned my DWC into a RDWC with a Professional grade chiller, so now my temps will be at a perfect 63 deg/F! While putting it together I created a tutorial check it out the links in my Sig, any input would be great! Keep those girls lookin good dude!

Ladies look great Z :popcorn:

Thanks brother -- some of them look a little yellow, but are greening up, I think it's because I transplanted them when they'd just run out of food from their seed, and they're just now getting to use the OC+ stuff. I think. We'll see how they go; of still looking a little yellow, I'll top dress the coco next watering...

Yo Zombo! I just turned my DWC into a RDWC with a Professional grade chiller, so now my temps will be at a perfect 63 deg/F! While putting it together I created a tutorial check it out the links in my Sig, any input would be great! Keep those girls lookin good dude!

Yeah, will def. check it out - my two 395w lights are keeping the tent at a nice 76°F, I just gotta get an oscillating fan for the tent, as the small fan I have can't move enough air to get all the babies swaying - I don't want wussy stems!

Hey Zombo how's it going? Unless you're expecting it, it's hard to avoid that yellowing when you transplant. Water 2x per day now around the roots until they reach the res.

If you don't have a fan give the pots a shake a few times a day to toughen up the stems.

Good luck you're on your way!

Hey Zombo how's it going? Unless you're expecting it, it's hard to avoid that yellowing when you transplant. Water 2x per day now around the roots until they reach the res.

If you don't have a fan give the pots a shake a few times a day to toughen up the stems.

Good luck you're on your way!

Dude! Thanks so much for the advice! I was sweating it, I've never transplanted seedlings before :wood: I'll go water them now! +rep if I can :Namaste:

Oh, does anyone think, since I'm mostly after honing using coco and just gonna go for some seeds, it would be okay to flower them out in the 16oz cups? Maybe apply the discerning eye and pick a male for pollen and just say the best 4 females (assuming I get that number) and move them into the one and 3 gallon hempy buckets?

if i could only reach my grows from different sides..... :scratchinghead: Again your set up looks great i think those leds are gonna be impressive.
You had mentioned that you had done hydro grows in the past if so is it usually necessary to add cal/mag to their feeding regiment and how soon would you do that?

Back
Top Bottom