PacificNorth's 400w Hempy Hybrid Strawberry Haze ScrOG

Alright, back from another day of snowshoeing, 10+ inches of fresh snow, affter gettin home and checkin the girls we are now at 4/5 breaking the soils surface and good growth on the ones already through, Going to take a few pictures in a moment and do a little furth research regarding nutrient recipies for young seedlings, I am usin the GH Flora line. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks for checkin in you all and any suggestions thoughts or questions are more than welcome.

-Pacific North

I used the 3 part on my last grow. Are you running the 2 part or 3

I used the 3 part on my last grow. Are you running the 2 part or 3

Its the 3 part Flora, I used it in the past just not this early on. GH recomends 2.5 ml each part /gal for seedling but I found it burns when I tested in my aero garden, right now I am at 1.0 ml each part per gal. Guess im just going to bring it up to 1.5ml each part for tonight then see how tomorrow looks, I really wish I had my EC and PH meters.

Coco is also a totally new medium to me but I like it so far. Just working on my shopping list for strains, then off to garden, take pictures and bring those nutes up. Got every lady breakin the soil now. 5/5 on the Haze ladies and 9/10 on the bag seeds. Praying that these good fortunes continue. Another 4 3 days under the 48w CFls and it will be onto another 24 makin 72 wats in the 11.0 x 9.0 cooler being used to wall the ladies in, will do a little math and see what that gives us.

I did a little math on my ScrOG as well, I was curiouse what the average nug weight was using the ScrOG method under a 400w HPS? If any one happened to have any such info.

Off to do this gardening now, take some pictures and enjoy what we all love!

-Pacific North

2012-01-28_22_46_49.jpg

January. 27. All the ladies have broken through although 3 are only really visible, just checked the website and they recomended 27 celcius so I brought the temp up a little more. Also added 0.5ml/gal each part of the flora system, bringing me up no to 1.5ml/gal with the recomended level at 2.5ml/gal. We will see how things look tomorrow, maybe bring it up to the recomended dose and leave it there until Feb.1 when I get my PH meter and can bring it down to the recomended PH of 5.5 and bring the nutes up to a agressive growth formula for 11 days before going under the HPS and ScrOG.

More to come tomorrow

Thanks folks!
-Pacific North

Yea for seedlings their dosage is a little high. Id run 1/4 the recomended dosage. Well its doing great for me. I hope they geg adjusted.

They seem to be doing good, all under control. No one responds ever, guess I need a monumental mistake before more people start adding their input. haha. GH recomends 2.5ml/gal and affter starting with nothing and working into 1.5ml/gal by day 6 they seem better, I just wish I had B-1 supplements and some espom salts rather than the GH Flora to start but it is what it is, the hydro store here has outrages prices. I will have to head outta town and do a good shopping trip before I start gearing up for an outdoor garden.

Thanks for checkin in bro! hope all stays well.
-Pacific North

This strain seems to be a slow starter. I have always used basically the same genetics passed down, a strain strain that has been used and bred in this area for 35+ years with some variations that have been bred in over the years. Original phenotype still kept on some mothers, perhaps being as hardy of plants as these are is why they seem to be so much faster than the Strawberry Haze, Im not certain though.

Has anyone who has used the GH Flora 3 part or even 2 part flora nova have any further suggestions for additional additives? Or is the 3 part complete enough? I have only used it within soil and of course the soil has micro and macros plus natural bacteria. I am uncertain using this coco medium. With that said I sure am enjoying the basics of hydro.

Today now that the ladies are settling in I think I will up my dry periods to two 4 hour intervals when the pump is off, I was doing one 3 hour interval before but was wrried about completely drying things out without a decent tap root began. Green house seed company uses a technique similar by dring the root systems to a much greater extent and credit a great deal of their succes to it.

With that said I am not submerging the roots at any time, just having a continually running flood system flowing through the peralite the pots sit upon, seems to be working well. I will be building a larger system in a flood table I am constructing for in the future.

Affter reading yesterday that the optimal temperature for the Strawberry Haze is 27 degrees I brought it up an it didnt deviate more than 0.8 of a degree last night. I am using a Chaney instruments Acurite weather station, it is alot over kill but I have 2 remote temperature/humidity transmitters so it so I just look at my weather station and get a Outside, Inside, and Grow chamber reading tight there in my kitchen. Kind of convienient for anoyone considering something similar, nice not having to go into the spare room to check it out, just glance up and you know temps and hummidity is safe.

With hummidity brought up I think I will need to be purchasing a hummidifier for anything I start in my home. RH of the house is about 42% with the box being slighlty lower. Too low! Recomended for this strain is about 70% early development and veg. Any one have any suggestions regarding bringing hummidity up? I have turned my Zone control off in my house but the wood stove dries it out.

Pctures to come this evening.
Thanks you all for checkin in!
-Pacific North

This strain seems to be a slow starter. I have always used basically the same genetics passed down, a strain strain that has been used and bred in this area for 35+ years with some variations that have been bred in over the years. Original phenotype still kept on some mothers, perhaps being as hardy of plants as these are is why they seem to be so much faster than the Strawberry Haze, Im not certain though.

Has anyone who has used the GH Flora 3 part or even 2 part flora nova have any further suggestions for additional additives? Or is the 3 part complete enough? I have only used it within soil and of course the soil has micro and macros plus natural bacteria. I am uncertain using this coco medium. With that said I sure am enjoying the basics of hydro.

Today now that the ladies are settling in I think I will up my dry periods to two 4 hour intervals when the pump is off, I was doing one 3 hour interval before but was wrried about completely drying things out without a decent tap root began. Green house seed company uses a technique similar by dring the root systems to a much greater extent and credit a great deal of their succes to it.

With that said I am not submerging the roots at any time, just having a continually running flood system flowing through the peralite the pots sit upon, seems to be working well. I will be building a larger system in a flood table I am constructing for in the future.

Affter reading yesterday that the optimal temperature for the Strawberry Haze is 27 degrees I brought it up an it didnt deviate more than 0.8 of a degree last night. I am using a Chaney instruments Acurite weather station, it is alot over kill but I have 2 remote temperature/humidity transmitters so it so I just look at my weather station and get a Outside, Inside, and Grow chamber reading tight there in my kitchen. Kind of convienient for anoyone considering something similar, nice not having to go into the spare room to check it out, just glance up and you know temps and hummidity is safe.

With hummidity brought up I think I will need to be purchasing a hummidifier for anything I start in my home. RH of the house is about 42% with the box being slighlty lower. Too low! Recomended for this strain is about 70% early development and veg. Any one have any suggestions regarding bringing hummidity up? I have turned my Zone control off in my house but the wood stove dries it out.

Pctures to come this evening.
Thanks you all for checkin in!
-Pacific North

I'm using the 3 part flora series right now for the first time. The only thing I have added is Dutch Masters Gold Range Zone. I think you should be fine maybe some cal/mag not sure on that. I'm trying to keep it simple then start adding additives.

It's really dry here as well I have a humidifier in my veg tent and I can only get it around 48% tops.

Thanks for the thoughts, the dutch masters ehh? I will look into that when I get a chance to get away, cal/mag I agree too, the Flora line contains both but it seems like people have alot of luck with that product. I will have to check yours back out and see how things are looking, did you go full dose at seedinling stage? im at about 75% recomended.

Thanks!
-Pacific North

I used the 3 part my last grow, i understand that lineup pretty well after my last crop. Honestly additives work great but that gh 3 part line is all you need if you have your eye on other add ons for your grow that cost some $$$. I didnt use bloom untill i was blooming... It says on the recomended dose to use bloom but it also says use 2.5 ml per gal which nute shocks our plants. Blooms good for bloom the different nutrients in the bloom bottle arent needed in veg with the dosage they put out. I cant remember if you posted if you have a ppm meter or not but id keep the ppms at about 150-200 untill they have more leaves and roots.

Id save up your money for bloom enhancers. Floraliscious , sweet nectar(i think its called),or advanced nutrients's big bud, bud candy.my honest opinion is flora 3 series is better designed for growing stage and lacks consistancy in bloom. I like just grow and micro. Plus your plant can take higher doseages of micro and less likely to get nute shock or burn if you over due it a little. micros more forgiving for sure.

I used the 3 part my last grow, i understand that lineup pretty well after my last crop. Honestly additives work great but that gh 3 part line is all you need if you have your eye on other add ons for your grow that cost some $$$. I didnt use bloom untill i was blooming... It says on the recomended dose to use bloom but it also says use 2.5 ml per gal which nute shocks our plants. Blooms good for bloom the different nutrients in the bloom bottle arent needed in veg with the dosage they put out. I cant remember if you posted if you have a ppm meter or not but id keep the ppms at about 150-200 untill they have more leaves and roots.

PPM meter is comming, Feb. 1 hopefuflly, I dont think my Trimeter is calibrated and its too overkill for a small res like this. The bloom is needed for root development as it is high in phosphorus whcih helps in root development early on as well as bloom development during flowering. I am not sure what more I will be adding at this point, propally Big Bud or else Supernaturals Superbloom powder, I really like supernatural products but went for the options the 3 Flora part offers. As well as the PH balancers present. This time around I may even just saty with the GH reciped and add Floralicious and liquid cool bloom.

As listed the solution calls for:

Seedling- 2.5ml Micro - 2.5 ml grow - 2.5ml bloom
Mild growth- 5.0ml micro - 5.0ml grow - 5.0ml bloom
Aggresive growth- 7.5ml micro - 12.5mlgrow - 5.0ml bloom
Transition- 10.0ml mcro - 10.0ml grow - 10.0ml bloom
Check runoff/Flush
Bloom- 10.0ml micro - 5.0ml grow - 15.0ml bloom
Aggresive bloom- 10.0ml micro - 0.0ml grow - 20.0ml bloom
Ripen- 2.5ml micro - 0.0ml grow - 20.0ml bloom
Flush-

all values/ US Gallon.

This is the suggested recipe for a recirculating system, since once they go into the chamber (about 2 weeks) they will be entering a drain to wast system so I will be lowering the values to that as recomeneded for drain to waste. whcih seems to be about 75% of what is recomended here which is pretty close to what I have used outside for soil. Although in soil I have found organics which I greatly prefer but think this year I will be trying huge hempys for a small experiment, I think Ill use GH flora line here too.

Thanks for the help and continual check ins :)

-Pacific North

Maybe i should fix my typo. I didnt use bloom untill about 2 weeks untill bloom. I kept reading reviews on their bloom product during early veg causes a small misbalance in the nute intake. Dont get me wrong itll still work regardless if this was true but i put my trust in another source of needed phosphate.but thats the route i took untill i started using the lucas method of micro&bloom and instead of grow i used a nice amount of additives

Maybe i should fix my typo. I didnt use bloom untill about 2 weeks untill bloom. I kept reading reviews on their bloom product during early veg causes a small misbalance in the nute intake. Dont get me wrong itll still work regardless if this was true but i put my trust in another source of needed phosphate.but thats the route i took untill i started using the lucas method of micro&bloom and instead of grow i used a nice amount of additives

I will have to check the lucas method out, seen it posted in journals but never became familiar with it. For the basic feeding schedual I posted there I noticed a huge transition of energy the plant is using being put into leaf growth and barely any root growth when I went the aggresive growth formula in my Aerogarden which is about 2 weeks ahead of this. I dont like the Aerogarden though, too much stretch in the begining, might be better if a seperate light source was used until the plants were closer to the included Aerogarden bulbs. Aerogardens grow fast though, will propbally go back to growing strawberries with it.

Those ladies of yours are looking good chiefin, hope once my PH is balanced mine blow up like that too. waitin and hopin.

-Pacific North

Alright so just a quik little update, checked things out, temp has been a steady 26.9 celcius now today. I topped the res up, adding one more gallon mixed at 1.5ml each part per gal. The test babies have blown up and are now averaging 3/4" tall by 2" wide. I just hope the Strawberry Hazes can do close to the same. The Hazes seem to be responding well to the food although one lady hasnt made much progress at all today, we will see what the morning brings. Thinking back to a week ago when my test babies were at this stage they looked much similar so I think things so far are going ok.

Next week hopefully I will be able to pick up some Cal/Mag and on Feb.1. I will be adding another bulb. Bring things up to 72w. Will also be plumbing in my hybrid hempys and building the rest of my flood table, just need to order a couple pumps and bulkheads. Will then be trying the circulating wick system on a larger scale. With a little luck I will also be able to begin my Aerofogger from an old cooler. Anyone have any input regarding what range of pump strength should I go for to run a 1 or 2 plant set up self contained in a 22 x 16 cooler? About 4.5 ft of half inch PVC pipe and a rise of only 11". Not sure how many foggers should be added in this system either?

Nice to now have my permits in place and some extra spare time to research and experiment with some of these new techniques I am seein all over online.

Feel free anyone to throw ideas this way?

Thank you.
-Pacific North

The lucas method is rumored to be better than using grow at all. Its great.
Well i never tell people to check out my journal but for you im makin an exception since its relevant to something we talked about. Well click the white russian and white widow grow and go to page 9 and look at my root growth in 36 hours and 24 hours compared side by side in documented pics i added 24 hours ago and 36 hours ago their on page 7 of my journal. But thats my results with out using bloom in veg phase. I heard a rumor that gh's grow has more phosphate than labled by just a bit and that its the perfect dose the plants need and not too strong of a dose. Im not exactly sure but ive read somewhere the bloom adds a little more than needed.
Now im sure this is based off an experimenters personal opinion but it made so much since i had to try it. Bloom has 5.0% phosphate and grow claims 1.0% but id say more like 2.0-2.3% more the better but too much is bad. I could be completely wrong but its still pretty good results after a day

Alright so just a little update. Nothing too spectacualr these past 12 hours, I am thinking today I will increas my dark period and go to 18/6, I was considering the Gas Lantern lighting schedual but am not overly familiar with it and think maybe I should just go with what we all know works for certain this first time around, maybe experiment with some of the test babies and not the Strawberry Haze.

Just waiting on my wife to check the mail and see if any packages are there for me, with a little luck I may have EC and PH meters arriving. Quite interested to see what the distilled water I am using runs at. The manufactuer says 5.8 - 6.2 which is high, I am hoping with the GH soution mixed in and the squeeze of them I have been adding has been enough to generally buffer it. Next internet order commin up affter I fullfill my wishlist of strains will be a RO system. Seems like something practical to install into our new home anyways.

Anyone have any input regarding these Reverse Osmosis systems? I was thinking something middle of the road $150.00-$250.00ish and installing a UV filter as well since this will be used for my garden but largely drinking water too.

Thanks for checcking in folks! Lots of details and photos to come tonight, hopefully there is some more growth to report on, at that period, couple days affter seeds break the surface, adjusting and adapting before their burst of growth, becoming greener and green, but I hate the waiting game.

-Pacific North :goodluck::allgood::blunt:

Alright so got some mail today, PPM meter and a PH meter, along with a new timer. Ph isnt bad but I will certainly have to lower it as soon as possible, new I should have grabbed th PH down, and to my suprise I found that the distilled water has a way higher PPM reading than out tap water which was only 41.

With that said I found that my soultion running in the res affter yester day is 160 PPM, which is about what I was hoping for. aero garden is running at 1060 so I will have to be figuring out a soulution to get it to about 1200, seems like those plants can handle it.

Having more and more thought about the GLR, I think I might try it when I finish my table, just did the lights for it tonight. Will update soon with more photos, the bagseed babies sure seem to be alot more agressive than these Strawberry Hazes's. Time will tell, just have to get this PH lowered. Anyone know of any ways to lower it other than squeezed lemon? Guss this is somethng I should look up here.

Thanks for checkin in folks and photos commin up soon.

-Pacific North

Evening folks, alright, so been a little busy these last couple days, things are looking less than optimal but hopefully it can fixed tonight with gettin the PH dowm, the ladies are looking sad and slowly depleting which I should have known was going to happen. These little girls from the seed company seem a whole lote more picky than the hardy strains from seeds comming out of outdoor gardens that I have tested on, bagseed test babies in rockwool cubes are thriving and need to enter their new home soon. Aerogarden test babies have also exploded. Affter checking my PPM and a reading in the Aerogarden of 1020 I was curiouse if anyone knew a stronger GH 3 part Flora series recipie for aggesive growth as they seem as though they could use a little more nitrogen. With my tap water taken into consideration we are at 970 PPM which seemed perhaps low for 3rd week in a Aerogarden?

Thanks for checking in!
-Pacific North

Back
Top Bottom