Bubble bucket Advice

Sainix

Ok so i am going to be trying out this method of growing, i will be building the bucket this week. Few questions tho

plan so far 5 gal black bucket 2 dual air pumps crossed into 1 air stone each total of 2 6 inch stones in the bucket.

1. Do i need a drip system on top of the hydroton? seen some with seen some without.
2. Do i need a water pump? haven't really seen any with but just want to make sure.

3. When filling up water what should my water level be at and how can i measure out to find out how close or far i am going to be from the net cup?

4. What ph lvl does best in the bucket?

5. When using nuts can i just use a root enhance and grow while in veg or will i need to use cal mag and other stuff like that if so is it recommended i do or needed?

Edit:
6. Do i need to trim roots from getting to much into the watter nuts how far should they be in it do i lower my water lvls?
Really sorry about the amount of questions and i will post some pics of the bucket once i am done. If i can get this all figured out i will start a grow journal about the bucket! Thank you!

1. No. 2. No. 3. High enough to reach the roots. 4. Same as other hydroponics setups; many target 5.8 initially and allow it to drift up slowly to 6.0-6.2 or 6.3 depending on their personal preference (YMMV). 5. I never used a "root enhance" as I found that my plants were quite capable of producing roots, only used a Ca/Mg product when needed with RO water, and added epsom salt (when needed) when using tap water; depends on the quality/content of your water, your strains' requirements, and the makeup of your nutrients. 6. No; keep the level of DO (dissolved oxygen) as high as possible in the solution and the roots will "breathe" easier than you will; water level will lower itself as the plant uses it - especially in a small reservoir such as a (five-gallon?) bucket.

Ok so i am going to be trying out this method of growing, i will be building the bucket this week. Few questions tho

plan so far 5 gal black bucket 2 dual air pumps crossed into 1 air stone each total of 2 6 inch stones in the bucket.

1. Do i need a drip system on top of the hydroton? seen some with seen some without.
2. Do i need a water pump? haven't really seen any with but just want to make sure.

3. When filling up water what should my water level be at and how can i measure out to find out how close or far i am going to be from the net cup?

4. What ph lvl does best in the bucket?

5. When using nuts can i just use a root enhance and grow while in veg or will i need to use cal mag and other stuff like that if so is it recommended i do or needed?

Edit:
6. Do i need to trim roots from getting to much into the watter nuts how far should they be in it do i lower my water lvls?
Really sorry about the amount of questions and i will post some pics of the bucket once i am done. If i can get this all figured out i will start a grow journal about the bucket! Thank you!

1.) Drip versus water pump. Either is good.. you just need to have either or so pick one. I use a water pump and run it 24/7/365. Some will say there is no need for either one once the roots get into the reservoir but that is not so. You will have a bucket full of roots that you will have to keep water on.

2.) I dont like net cups.... but... water level should be just under the bottom of the cup to allow for drainage out of that cup. Dont let the water level hit the bottom of that cup.

3.) PH levels = 5.6- 6.0

4.)If your plants are pushing out healthy roots and it looks like they are pushing out roots... root enhancers are unnecessary. use a regular fertilizer.

5.)I have roots all the way down on the bottom. Do not trim roots!!! You will stunt your growth. I always... always keep 5 gallons in my reservoir I never lower my levels because of root growth in the tubs.

Hope this helps a lil.

If you go check out my pics on my profile you will see my whole setup.

and never appolgise for asking questions...We are all here to learn. the only stupid question is the one you dont ask

:goodluck:

Hey guys Thank you both for your answers! they helped me out a lot in figuring out what to do now, have been busy so took me a while to get back on and post.

I went a head an got my bucket and supplies for building it. I will post some pics of the finished bucket once i am done, and i will start a grown journal on this forum for sure as my first dwc bubble bucket grow.

Few more questions this time about nutes

npk ratios what should i be looking for in the bubble bucket?
Going to be using the Dutch master gold line a&b for grow and then gold a&b flower for flower.

Thinking about using dutch master silica never tried it but someone suggested rino skin to me so i thought i would try the dutch master silica- any input on this would be great

Carboload for flower do i need anything else like different acids to help the plant take up the carboload in dwc?

Big bud, bud candy, Bud ignitor are they a good idea to be adding in with my nutes like dm a&b, silica and carboload? or would i just be making up a usless soup?

EDIT: saw the rep button and added rep to you both for helping me out with those questions thanks again!

Hey guys Thank you both for your answers! they helped me out a lot in figuring out what to do now, have been busy so took me a while to get back on and post.

I went a head an got my bucket and supplies for building it. I will post some pics of the finished bucket once i am done, and i will start a grown journal on this forum for sure as my first dwc bubble bucket grow.

Few more questions this time about nutes

npk ratios what should i be looking for in the bubble bucket?
Going to be using the Dutch master gold line a&b for grow and then gold a&b flower for flower.

Thinking about using dutch master silica never tried it but someone suggested rino skin to me so i thought i would try the dutch master silica- any input on this would be great

Carboload for flower do i need anything else like different acids to help the plant take up the carboload in dwc?

Big bud, bud candy, Bud ignitor are they a good idea to be adding in with my nutes like dm a&b, silica and carboload? or would i just be making up a usless soup?

EDIT: saw the rep button and added rep to you both for helping me out with those questions thanks again!

Never used dutch master so I cant comment on that brand. I have a rule that I abide by and that is I never give my plant what the instructions says on the bottles. I will cut that number down by 1/4 - 1/2 and work my up from there. Your plants will tell you when and if they are getting hungry.

IMO. silica is silica.

Carboload...is usually a catalyst for other products like your b-52's/organic b's, So no to this particular question.

Big bud in the powder form?? Or koolbloom works the also. same stuff. just different manufactures. I have used both and lately have just stuck with the koolbloom..use weeks 3 thru 5

Bud candy... well...some people swear by it...me?? hmmmm.. well I make my own bud candy...Now...I used to use sweet leaf when it was a stand alone product.. but once they mixed it with the carboload I quit using it..because by the time its time to start the sweetleaf.. In my system, I have cut out all carboload in my process by that time. Use at week 7 then 6 days later give one more shot.. then 6 days later you drain, rinse and then flush

Bud Ignitor basically AN's Overdrive. I use overdrive.. best use week 6 of flowering. This product can mess your plant up if not used correctly and when its supposed to be used.:goodluck: :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom