Bud Turned Black

gascan

Hi all,
I'm new here and have been searching all the posts and trying to figure out what's going on with my girls. Some of the buds are turning black, and it seems to be spreading. I'm posting a couple pictures, please help!
Thanks, Gascan
IMG_1029a.jpg
IMG_1021a.jpg

Been growing on and off for a while and I've never seen anything like this. It appears to be black and fuzzy on the new growth, no signs of it on the top bud or most of the buds, but it is on some of the smaller, lower buds. It starts with the dark coloration towards the center of new buds and continues out onto the new leaf growth, leaving darkened spots along the leaf edges and stems and seems to consume the whole bud. As you can see from the pictures, the pistols are discolored while the healthy looking buds are white and clear. I don't know whether I should cut off the affected branches before it spreads or if it's something normal that I shouldn't worry about. As for weather, we haven't had excessive rain or real high humidity since budding started. If anyone has seen this, or may have any ideas, please help. Thank you.

Need better more close up pictures of the plants to determine whether it is purpling or botrytis mold, you can take a focused shot and crop it prior to the upload. If we indeed find out it is mold than you would need to quickly remove/cut out infected portions to stop the spores from spreading. Looks like an outdoor grow too, and the dew point during the AM hours alone is enough to activate some botrytis spores, but again I can't tell from the pictures, make sure you manually check the buds for decaying and rotting tissue, best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom