Buds looking strange at Day 62 of Bloom

COB leds 3070 4 x 55w total wattage 220
That's awesome for 4 I love those lights totally cool 😎. And lemon Haze looks fantastic I bought those 15yrs ago except it was called lemon skunk then. Well at least that's what my seed company said on their web page. Anyway I'm using a switchable highbay led light I bought at home depot for 100$ and it's equivalent to a 250w mh. But I only could get 1 I'm all so using a Dr.Grow led light that's 240w. Still gorgeous ladies nice and frosty looking.

Great info my friend yeah i do to much work ending with to much bud sites and that's the issue next time i do way less ;) never grow barney but i have a prone seed from them Glookeys sound good ;) next Plants are in the making but next time 4 Auto's and all diffrent Strains from diffrent breeders.
I mean yeah I think it's as easy as that, the base of the plants look like they got a nice big stem but then you top two or three times creating loads of smaller branches on a small area and then flower and then they have to compete in that area, I just don't think you can expect them all to turn into fat colas like that. The tops need to be more defined and have more space to get light and expand into.
If you do what you do you gotta spread them out more give each branch a bit of space and veg them a bit longer so they have the chance to turn into big buds. But that means less plants as otherwise they don't have the space.
It's about putting the right plant shape into flower at the right time and controlling the stretch so the tops keep getting ample light & energy from all sides otherwise it goes all over the place.

I think my best attempt at following my own advice was this one, that was no top as the main is clearly still the main just guiding out between two nets. And that was with the cheapest SP150 from Mars and a very cheap blurple
And I should do it like that again as lately I've been growing taller unscrogged plants and my bud size shape and thickness is all over the place.
IMG_0698.JPG

But in the end it will be quite similar now you got a tent full of buds as well and like Coneal says they're looking pretty tasty, Super Lemon mmmm you can distribute the buds differently by selecting and shaping but you can't magically grow a lot more weed than the energy you're putting into it. You might get closer to maximum potential for the efficiency but that might be similar or maybe a few grams more as you're already getting loads of buds in there.

Is there any way you can move the exhaust to the outside? as if you put the filter and motor outside that works just as well and then you can play with light spacing more.

I think you just need to do two plants in the middle, and give two lights per plants as in the current method & setup yeah I could see you might be growing underpowered despite having enough power for the area as like is a plant on the front left getting a lot of benefit from the other cobs? you're growing a whole bundle of long sticks bunched together in a corner of the tent under one 55wcob with only a bit of energy spilling over from the rest.. I think that might be the problem here.. I mean one plant alone could do with all 4 cobs to properly develop but you're not getting that since you're doing three to four each in a corner. And you top them like you're going to provide just one of them 300 watts..
Are there lenses on those cobs? as otherwise I would think the light path is pretty narrow and it would take some distance for them all to converge into a nice homogenous energy field.
I'd play around with those factors, getting two lights on one plant, distance between lights, canopy height, spacing buds, scrogging and cropping to get to bigger colas.

Is there any way you can move the exhaust to the outside? as if you put the filter and motor outside that works just as well and then you can play with light spacing more.

I think you just need to do two plants in the middle, and give two lights per plants as in the current method & setup yeah I could see you might be growing underpowered despite having enough power for the area as like is a plant on the front left getting a lot of benefit from the other cobs? you're growing a whole bundle of long sticks bunched together in a corner of the tent under one 55wcob with only a bit of energy spilling over from the rest.. I think that might be the problem here.. I mean one plant alone could do with all 4 cobs to properly develop but you're not getting that since you're doing three to four each in a corner. And you top them like you're going to provide just one of them 300 watts..
Are there lenses on those cobs? as otherwise I would think the light path is pretty narrow and it would take some distance for them all to converge into a nice homogenous energy field.
I'd play around with those factors, getting two lights on one plant, distance between lights, canopy height, spacing buds, scrogging and cropping to get to bigger colas.
This Plant's are to Big for sure and to wide that I will fix after this Grow :) to much Training etc etc...

TECHNICAL DATA TGL STAR 60:

- Actual consumption: 55 W
- 8000 lm
- Growing area: 60 × 60 cm
- Flowering area: 50 × 50 cm
- Average production: 75 g
- Optimum yield: 100 g
- Dimensions: Ø13 x 16 cm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- CREE LED CXB3070 3500 K, BB BIN
- adjustable Driver Mean Well HBG

Here's a blurb of your light, they say the light is good for a 50x50cm area.. I'd like to measure that and at what distance you get a nice field as when you're growing too close to the light anything that's not straight under the cob fixture is getting nothing and what's straight under the cob is blocking light from everything else.
I think you need to train more but less buds and keep them way lower so they all can get light.

It also says 75 to a 100 gr.. per cob, but you give about 1 cob per plant so yeah if you create 24 buds on a plant and give it that light, those 24 buds are going to deliver 75 to a 100gr.. you can't expect those buds to be big and fat.. if you want that you need to make 4 tops on a plant and have them grow into 25gram colas.

I mean the type of light you bought and returned actually wouldn't be bad for your setup as it was a square light that would have turned the entire ceiling into LED and probably get you better allround results as it would give a more equal energy beam all over the tent, now you got 4 lights with a conical beam shape which you hinder and grow outside of the ideal zone because of height shortage.

Here's the thing I started with a 300$ budget stuff isn't cheap but you are correct I need more highbay switchable lights definitely and I need more fox farm happy frog, ocean floor soil + fox farm veg, bloom and a soil ph meter ph water metertl that's on this month budget. Eventually I'm to make my own DWC system like I used to do getting tired of a buddy of mine who thinks I'm an idiot when it comes to growing and he's not even growing he's 10yrs older than me. I told him I'll give him some clones and he can grow them here but I'm not taking care of them for him he's going to put his money where his mouth is lol 😂 he doesn't understand things have changed when it comes to growing as far as cost that is. Anyways thanks for your advice it's much appreciated and I will be adding more lights +grow bags and some work to the walk in closet as well my grow tent is going to be for veg. for now when I don't have anything in bloom ever will be transferred to the other room. Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Christopher O'Neal
Aka
Coneal49

Happy Eastern everyone :peacetwo:

Here are my Beautiful Plants at Day 67 looking better from Day to Day so i will let them Grow for another 10-15 Day's that's will be a great Harvest Windows <3

Maybe you didn't here it: Tomorrow on April 1 Cannabis is decriminalized in Germany everyone can Grow 3 Plant's at Home but you can't have more Pot then 50g dry but yeah it's not possible i always Harvest more but the Police can't come to your Home when they seeing you with a Joint that alone was a reason for them to kick you door in because you can have maybe more pot yeah that's happen to some people know everyone when you 18 can go outside with 25g Buds so litte confuse but a Giant step in the right direction Honies!

IMG_20240331_140511.jpg
IMG_20240331_140046.jpg
IMG_20240331_140033.jpg
IMG_20240331_140026.jpg
IMG_20240331_135952.jpg
IMG_20240331_135945.jpg
IMG_20240331_135929.jpg
IMG_20240331_135938.jpg
IMG_20240331_135906.jpg
IMG_20240331_135925.jpg

Whaaat! That's great news... that's only like a 2 hour drive.. that's it I'm moving over the border! I'm half German anyways
Are you gonna get a bigger tent to celebrate? :p you don't need to hide it away anymore.

They do seem to be swelling still so let them do their thing.
I mean it looks very nice and the tent is full!
It's just if you want them bigger you gotta fiddle with the energy distribution of the plant in relation to the energy of the lights.

Whaaat! That's great news... that's only like a 2 hour drive.. that's it I'm moving over the border! I'm half German anyways
Are you gonna get a bigger tent to celebrate? :p you don't need to hide it away anymore.

They do seem to be swelling still so let them do their thing.
I mean it looks very nice and the tent is full!
It's just if you want them bigger you gotta fiddle with the energy distribution of the plant in relation to the energy of the lights.

New Tent? :D I have 2 Tents 1 x 60x60x160cm and 80x80x160cm i belive it's enough hehe

New Tent? :D I have 2 Tents 1 x 60x60x160cm and 80x80x160cm i belive it's enough hehe
Two 160cm tents? aiaiai
Or a new light? as you did want to buy one a while back.
It's just the way you grow those plants could use a tad more space and handle a generous extra helping of equally distributed power to get the oomph you're looking for.
Sticking a 300w barlight for a 1x1m in it will probably be highly efficient.

Two 160cm tents? aiaiai
Or a new light? as you did want to buy one a while back.
It's just the way you grow those plants could use a tad more space and handle a generous extra helping of equally distributed power to get the oomph you're looking for.
Sticking a 300w barlight for a 1x1m in it will probably be highly efficient.
The output i will get is the Problem :D I have good Harvest in 80x80x160cm 260-320g+ then i have bought a Growing Rack # Flood Table special for the 80x80x160cm Tent so i don't throw it away ;) let's see what's gone happen in the near future.

Here look both tents together connected

17119964196062388161433275299697.jpg

I mean yeah I think it's as easy as that, the base of the plants look like they got a nice big stem but then you top two or three times creating loads of smaller branches on a small area and then flower and then they have to compete in that area, I just don't think you can expect them all to turn into fat colas like that. The tops need to be more defined and have more space to get light and expand into.
If you do what you do you gotta spread them out more give each branch a bit of space and veg them a bit longer so they have the chance to turn into big buds. But that means less plants as otherwise they don't have the space.
It's about putting the right plant shape into flower at the right time and controlling the stretch so the tops keep getting ample light & energy from all sides otherwise it goes all over the place.

I think my best attempt at following my own advice was this one, that was no top as the main is clearly still the main just guiding out between two nets. And that was with the cheapest SP150 from Mars and a very cheap blurple
And I should do it like that again as lately I've been growing taller unscrogged plants and my bud size shape and thickness is all over the place.
IMG_0698.JPG

But in the end it will be quite similar now you got a tent full of buds as well and like Coneal says they're looking pretty tasty, Super Lemon mmmm you can distribute the buds differently by selecting and shaping but you can't magically grow a lot more weed than the energy you're putting into it. You might get closer to maximum potential for the efficiency but that might be similar or maybe a few grams more as you're already getting loads of buds in there.
Thank you for your response it's much appreciated. I know right the base of mine are strong and thick but as they have gotten taller they thin out considerably thinner. Next grow things will be corrected Thank you very much for your advice and positive feedback. Here is the new grow space that really wasn't being used in the spare bedroom and plans will be done on the whole room and closet. And I do need more lights definitely a 300$ budget isn't really a good idea idea too start with but I'm like a little boy in the toy store can't decide what to get it would have taken me for ever to decide what new toy do I want lol 😂. Anyway new space and plans coming soon for the rest of the room your ladies are looking very scrumptious 🤭😍.

Thanks again
Christopher O'Neal
Coneal48

17120730947673548210851643723991.jpg

17120733045028740471802715890220.jpg

@Coneal49 Wait my commentary was thinking on Fietchen's grow here I'm confused... but if it helped?
What are you doing? first off great moody picture, all the plants hanging out by the lights they look nice & healthy !

But yeah more light for sure how much watt is it? trying to do too much there.. growing five plants to one of them lights.
As the big one in the corner probably could do with the entire output of that light to be able to bud properly.
Are the small ones autos? or all of them or none of them :) I'd put them on something so they're raised closer to the light.. energy density drops off quickly.

@Coneal49 Wait my commentary was thinking on Fietchen's grow here I'm confused... but if it helped?
What are you doing? first off great moody picture, all the plants hanging out by the lights they look nice & healthy !

But yeah more light for sure how much watt is it? trying to do too much there.. growing five plants to one of them lights.
As the big one in the corner probably could do with the entire output of that light to be able to bud properly.
Are the small ones autos? or all of them or none of them :) I'd put them on something so they're raised closer to the light.. energy density drops off quickly.

Very sorry it came up as a reply to a post I made my apologies.

Very sorry it came up as a reply to a post I made my apologies.
No worries, and well yeah if you're not getting the buds you want it's because of light as the plants look great, vegging and flowering are very different requirements, you need to park most of the bud material in the zone under the light where there's enough light density, that's where they will grow big, anything outside of that zone will grow less dense, that's why it also pays off to train as when you grow horizontally instead of vertical you can expose the most plant material to the ideal zone of the light without things shading each other. And the plants won't thin out that much as they remain stockier and bulkier.

Sharing one light between many plants like that not great well for vegging yes, for flowering it falls short, you are dividing it up between the plants and they will simply flower as per what they're able to receive in their positioning.
I mean you definitely can grow like this and get buds it's just everything will flower accordingly. You can't cheat the physics of the situation.
The big one could probably use it all with her size and a large portion of the plant isn't lit and the little ones are too low to be snacking on the good flux.

So if you're making the grow room light is definitely a big one, enough energy being accessible to buds is kinda everything and the goal is to get a nice homogenous field for predictable and repeatable results, so that you know everything you grow in that area from that to that height will be able to properly develop and then you just have to aim and park all the buds in that zone.

Like right now I'd change the positioning of the light so it lines up straight with the walls and space to get even distribution and reflection and raise the smaller plants those flowers want a denser flux.
You can make more use of that front left corner as you got a bit more white wall there before the door but now you're pulling the corner of the light away from it, line it up and raise and group the other plants tightly in that rectangle under the light.
Cheers

Hey guy's, i here from someone that Canna Nutes makes small Buds is this Bullshit ore truth?
That is a new one on me. If a company made a line of fertilizers that ended up producing small buds on plants they would not stay in business very long.

Most likely you heard that from someone who used the nutrients at half dose and figured the company was the one to blame.

Back
Top Bottom