62% RH sucks

fatbuds94591

420 Member
why do y'all insist with this 62% rh bullshit... at 62% the weed is so wet it won't even drop any kief in a grinder, and doesn't burn well in a joint.

i get curing at 62% because lots of growers claim the curing process stops below 55 ish, no scientific evidence of this tho, but why smoke it at 62???

i don't see any advantage at 62 compared to 45/50

Once it cured all personal preference, mine prob 58-60 range....too dry and it does seem to get harsher a bit. But yes also depends how you using it too.
but don't y'all collect kief? i thought almost every pot head did

i can get so much kief from 45% weed and it makes amazing hash or just smoked in a pipe :D

also vaped hash hits pretty damn hard

Just take nugs out the night before you smoke them. Keeping the jars at 62 prolongs the cure process and it's worth it.
I agree about the kief collection though. Unless you're sifting dry stuff you don't really get any.

@Dwight Monk @Regrowth @Buds Buddy i've literally had some growers claim that lower RH will reduce potency, is this true in any way?

what are the downsides of 45/50% rh after the buds have been cured?
I kind of feel as when my weed dries out it loses some potency. Seems like it's much better when it's fresh & sticky still.
As far as a downside to 45/50% RH. Well, not too sure that would really be all that bad. But it does seem like the drier the weed gets the more trichomes fall off into the bottom of the jar, making the weed a little less potent. These are just things I've observed in my grows & strictly my opinion without scientific facts.

@Dwight Monk @Regrowth @Buds Buddy i've literally had some growers claim that lower RH will reduce potency, is this true in any way?

what are the downsides of 45/50% rh after the buds have been cured?

Never heard that one, too dry and harsh and burns wrong I can see.....sunlight I can see affecting potency but can't see RH affecting it other than stopping your cure if not cured.

why do y'all insist with this 62% rh bullshit... at 62% the weed is so wet it won't even drop any kief in a grinder, and doesn't burn well in a joint.

i get curing at 62% because lots of growers claim the curing process stops below 55 ish, no scientific evidence of this tho, but why smoke it at 62???

Take the 62% outta the jar and let it sit out overnight.

If you leave your flower in less that 60-62% storage it will dry out and oxidize and turn into brown brick weed over time. So ya 62% is your STORAGE not your smoke Rh.

Add to that - I vape flower and it vapes fine at 62% when the flower is less Rh say 50% its harsh even in a vaporizer.

If you wanna collect keif you need to dry out your weed well below what you would normally smoke it at and use a screen and do what's called Dry Sift. Then you take your sifted keif and sift it 1 more time at 100microns. Thank me later.

Roll up that weed you just sifted in your pre-roll.

As a general rule I very very rarely use a grinder unless dry af weed.

Yes their is truth in very dry weed can effect the terpene profile or harshness as well, being more noticeable.

I do prefer to vape but may have little tendency for a glass pipe once in awhile ah ha it is all about taste for me :green_heart:

Well, well, well if you read that, the rest might just tickle your fancy...

Myself I have been growing my own for about 10 years I forgot how many grows or plants or even strains & all that science sizzle...

But I can say 62% is the ball part figure to aim for when curing... give or take a few % either way but several % could just screw stuff up a little !

Once again letting the weed stand for 24 hours after grind may well the hit spot for any good toker.

If you are 110% sure ya know what I mean :thumb:

To damp does not vape well & ya taste it as well, but if you get it right the terpene profile will show through with good clouds of vape.... very tasty

Also if your nug is a little on the damp side... do you think those trichomes are going to break off for kief etc ????????? :popcorn:

Right kief... a little fuzzy secret, bone dry stick it in the fridge then seize it don't use your best nug's for it .

62% is considered the gold standard for storing and consuming any smoking material. it's the exact same point cigarette storage and all cigar humidors are set at. the cannabis industry simply borrowed it from tobacco. the tobacco industry has used the 62% mark for over a century.

Welcome to 420Magazine, @fatbuds94591. I should've said that the other day...
What are you puffing on? Are you growing anything at the moment? Cheers.
:welcome:
i usually grow high thc strains indoors/outdoors

i'm currently using a dynavap after switching from electric vapes

with the occasional blunt and joint, but i try to avoid too much combustion, also because it gets me much less high gram per gram.

also quit combustion bong entirely, that used to be my go-to method of smoking, now i rip vape bongs

ASTM International, formerly known as American Society for Testing and Materials -
ASTM D8197: THE FIRST WATER ACTIVITY STANDARD FOR CANNABIS
Establishes water activity (aW) as the standard for safe cannabis storage. Recommends all cannabis flower stay at an aW between 0.55-0.65. This is achieved by storing flower in a container at an RH level between 55%-65%.

I agree. Can't find any science-based evidence of "curing process stops below 55".

Back
Top Bottom