Drying at 62%RH

Hi guys,

I started harvesting one of my green crack auto last week. It s been a bit wet outdoor. RH inside my grow room is 62% which from what I know is the value we aim for curing. I usually use brown paper bags directly after wet trim (when I choose to do wet trimming otherwise I hang the hole plant for 7-10 days depending on RH). After one week in the bag they need more time before jars. If the RH remains like that for let's say one week. Do you think I should leave them in the paper bag opened until weather is dryer so that they dry a bit more before being jarred? I was thinking it s maybe the best to do. At the mean time if the RH remains around 62% for two weeks I guess they won't be ready for jar until rh goes down so does it mean curing won't be able to happen?

I hang dry mine for 5ish days at lower than 62% usually (ac on) and then into jars with Boveda 62%. Sometimes I need to take em out of the jars if they went in too wet and the re-hydrate. Then I put them in a cardboard box over night and they are usually good after that.

Best to not OVER dry before the cure. You cant fix hay.

A lot of the time the RH in my drying room hovers around 60 or 65. In that case I leave my bud in the dryer until whenever I get around to taking it out- usually when it is time to use the space to dry the next harvest. I don’t see a practical difference between it being in the dryer or being in a jar. It’s still curing, and can’t overdry unless the RH drops a bunch, in which case I rehydrate it.

After my last harvest I definitely over dried. However, I did pretty decent at curing. My problem is I have an attic tent grow. There's so much heat that my 2 300 CFM fans are always blowing and I have my main AC routed into the tent as well for cooling. The bottom of the tent is around 70 deg but the top runs around 85 with the light on.

This time I'm planning on hanging the buds towards the bottom closer to the cool air from the ac. I'm still concerned about too much air flow though. I may only dry for 2 days before jaring.

Do you guys always put humidifier packs in the jars?

After my last harvest I definitely over dried. However, I did pretty decent at curing. My problem is I have an attic tent grow. There's so much heat that my 2 300 CFM fans are always blowing and I have my main AC routed into the tent as well for cooling. The bottom of the tent is around 70 deg but the top runs around 85 with the light on.

This time I'm planning on hanging the buds towards the bottom closer to the cool air from the ac. I'm still concerned about too much air flow though. I may only dry for 2 days before jaring.

Do you guys always put humidifier packs in the jars?

You could try the brown paper bag drying. It works wonders! If you plan to smoke your harvest during multiple months, the boveda packs allow you not to have to worry anymore. Otherwise if you plan to smoke it quickly you don't really need to. Also I have realized if the buds have been able to dry slow (thanks to the brown paper bags for example) when you put in jars RH in it reads something around 61-63%, they will remain perfect to consume for a long time and this without need of boveda

Boveda for the long haul. I don't dry my plants in the tent. Temps are kinda important so that you want them lowerish to slow the drying down. I put my plants on a hook in an room with AC sometimes a small fan on them. In the winter our home is like 50%rh so they dry in 3-4 days hanging upside down on a hook. I hang the whole plant so the drying process is from the outside in on the flowers.

Once they are dry I trim them into jars with Boveda packs.

Check every day for the first few days to be sure they are not getting overly moist again.

Flowers once trimmed and in a jar will the moisture content will evenly distribute. Its some laws of physics at play. Just need to wait until the moisture level gets to 62% and its on for the cure. Can leave them in there for a week or a year plus.

Back
Top Bottom