Buds not thickening

Anonym00se

Well this has been my furthest grow so far.

I am growing an AK47 varient. The information pamphlet said 90 days but I've had her for 6 months growing due to what I'm presuming is poor light (at the time I was only using two CFL's and only one of them was 6500k. The plant has been flowering for the last 2 months but has seemed to slow down considerably. Since flowering I am using 3 2700K (30W) CFL and one 6500K 30W CFL. I am using tomato feed.

Do you think the buds will thicken up or will I just cut my losses and harvest. The trichomes appear to be almost completely clear and have been for the last 3 weeks when the plant seemed to stop any progress.

A few of the leaves appear to have nute burn and the plant itself seems very stressed (not a great grower I admit)

Any advice? Is this a nutrient problem?

IMAG09293.jpg
IMAG09303.jpg

Re: Buds not thickining.

Thanks for the reply, here's some more pictures of the plant and a picture of the lighting set up.

IMAG09334.jpg
IMAG09323.jpg
IMAG09314.jpg

My bet is poor lighting among other things, but this a PC grow so there is only so much light you're going to be able to put in it. What kind of strength and schedule were you using with your nutes? Look on the bright side, the plant isn't dead (which is always a accomplishment at the end of a grow) and you are going to get some bud out of it. Just think, all the mistakes you made you've learned from and that will make your next grow that much better. :rocker:

What size containers are they in?

the plants are in a tin (holes in bottom for drainage) 7" high x 13" wide x 16" deep.
I was advised not to replant into a bigger container as my plant had started flowering and it would cause too much stress.

Not sure that was a 100% correct jus transplanted three of my girls , smaller mind you, that have been flowering for three weeks and they are doing just fine they had totally used up every milimeter of space in the pots the jump to the 3 gallon smart pots should allow the roots to grow and expand and when the roots thrive so does the part of the plant above ground, Peace OG. may be a little late at this point but that is why we grow to learn and do it a little better next time and pretty soon it becomes second nature to us and we start to actually read the plant and see what it needs, not just try stuff, but to actually understand the plant they can kind of talk to you.

p.s. what are you feeding her, how much ( strength wise) and how often. If the plant is a Sativa they can have a long flowering time, mine will be about 13 weeks.

Re: Buds not thickining

I can't tell for sure based on the pics, but those CFLs look like the straight tube type vs the twisted tube type. When you say they are 30Watt, are they 30Watts of output or input? In other words, I use 26W/100W twisted CFL bulbs. Anyways, you should have at least the 100W output size bulbs. I get a 4 pack from Home Depot for $10.

I'm running a 26 of these 100W output twisted CFLs along with the other lights and they seem to be working well. [I have a link to my grow journal in my signature]

If you're using something smaller than 100W output, you really should upgrade the lighting.

Looks like a light issue, what might thicken the buds a little could be molasses. Try adding some to your 2 last feeds

Hi mate, Hmm this is a tuff one..
Guys... First do you think the leaves are a weird shape/color etc;?? What would caude this it almost looks like spinach.. Its hard to tell as usually with CFL's I see smaller buds than with a MH/HPS, and it seems it may be the case here too. You may need more light in fact, and check your PH and your feed as something is not right IMO. Hope you sort it buddy, Smokemupm8

Have you had light fluctuations which stressed the plants.. Those leaves look a bit similar to plants when they are revegged...

Could be a possibility. Revegging does make plants look freaky. What light schedual are you using?

You should build one of these and add to your room,

zzzz2.JPG

Hang that from the top though and suplament the shade with the lights you currently have, the less your plant have to stretch for light the tighter your buds, and overall more yeild per sq ft.

The light you can make for less then 50$ and putts out almost as much as a 600w hps but it gets warm and has no hook up to remove heat so make sure you have enuff air flow near light.

Oh! and when you do hook up your lights get them close to the plant so they, once again, arnt streching for their light and can focus on just geting fat!

Back
Top Bottom