Building my first light rig, looking for some recommendations and thoughts

FutRfarmer

Hello experienced growers!!!!

I'm getting ready to build my first rig for my first Grow. Heres what I'm thinking. Keep in mind I'm going for quality not quantity. I will be running Doc's gear and of coarse rotating through flower.
I'm going to grab all my lights from timber, I'm planning on running a 320 Watt Quantum Board Grow Light Kit down the center and a 300 Watt Cree CXB3590 (4) COB Grow Light Kit on each side. could use some help with color. I'm thinking 3000k or 4000k on the QB. and for each 4 cob set up 1)3500k 2)3000k 3)3500k 4) 3000k. That's for flowering a 5x5(over powered but I figure I can turn them down as the girls need.

I know there is no magic light, I'm just looking for some help from experience.

For veg, I'm thinking a 240 watt 4000k QB
or cob set up with a mix of 5000k and 6500k.
veg tent will be a 3x3 with half set up for seedlings.

Thanks everyone and as always happy growing
Cheers!!!!!

Love my QBs for sure

I'm sold on 2700 or 3000 for flower, veg 4000 is good

What I did was buy the QB132 4 packs, x2, and built my own frame and learned the hard way on what driver, $60 learning curv....lol

Very inexpensive and it is fantastic
So far kills my HPS light and my LED lights

Oh and I have a timber QB260 x2 , 4000k for veg
Thanks for the feed back. I'm also building my own frame, I'm going the easier route and grabbing timber's pre wired kit little more money but I know shit about lighting (for now). I'll contact them and see if they have 2700k I can mix in. I'm still not sure of 1750k but i might put 1 on each end of the tent and mount them to a mover. This will be a fun learning curve, I'm glad i found a great community.

@TimberGrowLights rock

They wire them like a pro for sure, well worth the extra $$$

Ya so many here to help us all for sure

Be sure and post here what u end up doing my friend

@TimberGrowLights rock

They wire them like a pro for sure, well worth the extra $$$

Ya so many here to help us all for sure

Be sure and post here what u end up doing my friend
absolutely brother!!!!! close on my house july 30th and intend on getting up and going asap!

Why not get the kits from HLG? They're cheaper and you can get the V2 boards with the more efficient LM301B diode.

COBs and QBs are not something you should mix, unless you already own the COB, go with all mid power diodes, it's better and cheaper ;)

It's very very very easy to assemble the kits, otherwise check out GrowersLights they assemble the HLG kits for an extra $25

Check out this video and see if that level of DIY scares you ;)

Why not get the kits from HLG? They're cheaper and you can get the V2 boards with the more efficient LM301B diode.

COBs and QBs are not something you should mix, unless you already own the COB, go with all mid power diodes, it's better and cheaper ;)

It's very very very easy to assemble the kits, otherwise check out GrowersLights they assemble the HLG kits for an extra $25

Check out this video and see if that level of DIY scares you ;)

I have nothing for lighting. I'm just getting going i do have a gorilla 5x5. I will be using docs kit for sure as I'm going for quality for only my wife and I. I like the quantum and I like the C.O.B. I guess I'm thinking the cob might be safer because I can move the light more, I don't want to get bleach burn or hot spots from the quantum, being my first run I want a efficient and plentiful light set up so I can focus and learn more about environment and the plant. If that makes sense. I'm absolutely going to check out that site however, electricity doesn't scare me.
Thank you purple
I have been eying HLG also!!!!

your puck setup looks sick
props, envious... all that
be there soon bro ;)
sorry for hijacking the thread lol
share away brotha!!!!! Those pucks do look great. so I guess my next question is 2700k or 3000k? Or a combination of both 2700k and 3000k. I think I'm sold on the HLG quantum boards. Thanks again Purplegunrack!!!

share away brotha!!!!! Those pucks do look great. so I guess my next question is 2700k or 3000k? Or a combination of both 2700k and 3000k. I think I'm sold on the HLG quantum boards. Thanks again Purplegunrack!!!
I'm vegging with straight 3000k and honestly go with 3500k for veg, and add a 2700k come flower.

2 HLG-600 3000k V2 to flower my 5x5
260 watt 288 V2 4000k to veg my 2x2.5
I think this should be a good set up for a beginner :ganjamon:

Not sure what a HLG 600 is, but for 5x5 you want at least 6 QB288 (or another way of getting +1800 diodes)

A single board is fine for vegging a 2x2,5 area, the 135w kit is just that, you'd just end up dimming that 260w kit all the time ;)

If you can get 2700K for flowering, and 4000K for veg, really anything will veg fine but 4000K has a nice balanced spectrum, where 2700K is quite red and 5000K is quite blue.

5x5, Id go

9pc luminus22 COBS, 2 chiled boards, about 650 watts,

3x3 veg, id go

4pc luminus22 cobs, 1 chilled, lol

Not sold on QBs yet, *shruggs

Back
Top Bottom