Burnt tops of plants, will they recover?

Compubob1

Do to the constraints of my growing room I allowed the tips of several fast growing plants to get too close to the lamps and the tops have curled a bit and the leaves are a bit brittle. They are ready to go 12/12 or should I let them stay in veg mode til they recover? This is my first growth and not my first mistake, which may sound familiar, but it is the first one I can't find an answer to. Any help is appreciated.

bob

If they are hitting the lights already and you haven't gone to flower yet, you are going to have a big height problem! Can you raise the lights a all? If not, you need to tie those babies down while still in veg and let that take its course before flowering. When you change the light to 12/12 they are going to stretch and likely double in height. We've all had to do it at some point. The main branch needs to be held down by strong or something which creates a bushier plant. It's going to be your only option due to height issues at this point.

Thanks Road Lizard but I forgot to mention that I am moving them to a bigger room to flower and I will be able to keep the light up in there to give them room to grow (at least that is the plan). I may still have to bend the stalks of the two tall ones to contain them. Do you think the plant would survive best if vegged out some more or get them into flowering before they get too big?

Back
Top Bottom