California to Legalize Weed for Everyone

i live in a state much like georgia imo. not far from there. moved here from california. hate it. i wanna go home to cali. i'm clicking my heels together and chanting... theres no place like home. we are brainstorming ways of going back to cali. pot laws are not the main reason. its peoples mind sets. closed and loving it. "its the way my daddy did it so thats good enough for me".

some great music has come out of georgia, i'll say that for it.

South GA is not like that bro...most people don't know that.
I don't know many people down there that don't smoke, and that's a fact.
A lot of people are misconceived by Atlanta, which is just one big melting pot of all walks of life, but the farming communities down south, are a whole different world entirely...trust me!
Thats where I plan on retiring, for sure.
Some of the best weed I've ever smoked was down there...those farmers really know their shit about growing weed.
The last time I was down there, I smoked some red haired skunk that was out of this world, and huge buds too...just blew me away...but, like anywhere else, you have to know the right people to hook up with.
My home town, is like pot party central...just laid back, fun people.
I hate Atlanta because of the lack of good ol down to earth people...people are just too caught up in a rat race and just seem to dislike everything and everyone.
When some guys I used to work with said they hated the Eagles, that should have been enough for me to high tail it out of there right then...all Atlanta has is high paying jobs, and thats about it anymore...it does suck!!!

Columbus and Macon Ga are great little towns, and even better are all the one red light towns where everyone knows everyone else...those are fun little communities for sure...they all love to party...and super hot little country girls everywhere too...wowza!!!

Sabin, how long have you lived in California? Do you think your perspective is typical of most Californians?

Ok, I'll just say this, and I'm not going to entertain it any more.
I spent years driving a big truck all over this country, and the one main thing I found out for sure, and you can carve this in your arm bro...Home is where the heart is! and that's a fact!
I'm glad you love Cali...and you should. But I love GA just as much, so that's established.
Now...lets get weed legalized for the whole country and move on...cool?

^
For real. Enough with the instigating, thats not what these forums are for.

I lived in So. GA for 15 years. Then on to Vegas, and landing here in the bay area.

There's beauty everywhere...it's just the people you know and the places you go. I have lived in the same place twice. Hated it the first time. Met new people and went to new places the second time, and it wasn't so bad.

I loved the south, and i love northern california. being in a no tolerance state sucks, and I know that california to many seems ideal. every place has its warts.

I love legalized MMJ. But there are lots of trade-offs for that priviledge. For me, it's trying to live in a very expensive place and trying to keep pace with the high cost of everything here. (FYI - 4.69 a gallon at the Shell down the street. Kick myself in the butt for buying that dam SUV.)

If someone can't move to a state with legalized MMJ, then the only thing we can do is start in our own household and spread out from there. Many people are not registered to vote. And with the stigma associated with marijuana in many communities, it is sometimes hard to even talk to anyone who feels the same way without fear of some sort of retribution, be it small-town gossip, overzealous do-gooders who just think they have to tell someone some good dirt, or even more serious things. Living in Savannah, I lived two different lives unfortunately. I could have never imagined talking to any "old family" co-workers about marijuana. So it stayed in my small circle of smoking friends.

But voting, writing e-mails, sending letters, and keeping abreast of current issues in the legalization of marijuana are the key to action. You don't have to look hard in this forum to find plenty of people that you could drop a line to.

Being informed creates action.

It starts with one voice...

Peace and legalized marijuana for all:rollit:

I lived in So. GA for 15 years. Then on to Vegas, and landing here in the bay area.

There's beauty everywhere...it's just the people you know and the places you go. I have lived in the same place twice. Hated it the first time. Met new people and went to new places the second time, and it wasn't so bad.

I loved the south, and i love northern california. being in a no tolerance state sucks, and I know that california to many seems ideal. every place has its warts.

I love legalized MMJ. But there are lots of trade-offs for that priviledge. For me, it's trying to live in a very expensive place and trying to keep pace with the high cost of everything here. (FYI - 4.69 a gallon at the Shell down the street. Kick myself in the butt for buying that dam SUV.)

If someone can't move to a state with legalized MMJ, then the only thing we can do is start in our own household and spread out from there. Many people are not registered to vote. And with the stigma associated with marijuana in many communities, it is sometimes hard to even talk to anyone who feels the same way without fear of some sort of retribution, be it small-town gossip, overzealous do-gooders who just think they have to tell someone some good dirt, or even more serious things. Living in Savannah, I lived two different lives unfortunately. I could have never imagined talking to any "old family" co-workers about marijuana. So it stayed in my small circle of smoking friends.

But voting, writing e-mails, sending letters, and keeping abreast of current issues in the legalization of marijuana are the key to action. You don't have to look hard in this forum to find plenty of people that you could drop a line to.

Being informed creates action.

It starts with one voice...

Peace and legalized marijuana for all:rollit:
Couldn't have made a better point myself HappyKitty +rep to you :clap:

What I think I read there is that in your opinion all states can be stereotyped by the the people that live in them - they are all the same and they all think the same. Meanwhile in California people are all different, but will eventually all be liberal in their political leanings.

How can the rest of the country learn to think liberal like Cali? It would go a long way for the cause, don't you think?

The fact that this has an opportunity to be placed on the ballot is amazing in and of itself, but I don't think it will pass. Other posts have pointed out previously that California would be directly at odds with the Federal Government if the legalize recreational use for any responsible adult, and that sets the stage for a potential armed confrontation reminescent of Gov. Faubus's stand-off with National Guard troops during the first phase of Desegregation, in Arkansas back in the 60's during the height of The Civil Rights movement. (OK, you have to be older or at least a student of history to remember that). This level of proposed availability/use goes far beyond the pail of the MMJ movement, and flies right in the face of US Supreme Court precident on marijuana laws. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be wonderful, and a step in the right direction, for sure, regardless of the tax aspects of it. There would be no going back to official prohibition once they open this door, and I think that is what would place many who voted for Prop 215 against it. It would be mean "greater access" for the kids. It would mean the tacit acknowledgement of public acceptance of marijuana use and that message would circulate in the schools. C'est la vie! I do not believe it society (even in very progressive CA) has moved that far "yet". In fact, according to the exit polling after the vote on 215, a majority of voters in CA who helped enact Prop 215 were very much focused on the fact that it was specifically for the, "compassionate use as a medication for pain management by the terminally or chronically ill". When the same voters were asked if they would support recreational use, the numbers who are willing to vote yes would likely be far lower. Sad but true. Just making a point. :rollit:

people just need to be educated much much further than they already have...WE are the ones that are going to have to be the educators...we have to turn pessimistic minds on to a new age idea of the benefits of cannabis across the board. Too many people smoke herb, and most others don't really care anymore whether people even smoke it or not...the word is out to most people that weed is not as horrible a monster as everyone once thought it was.
What needs to happen, is the ones that really want legalization, need to quit being pessimistic and start being totally optimistic that we CAN do this...marijuana CAN be legalized, there just has to be limits on it whether we want those limits or not...we will have to compromise, until they finally get it, then they will probably relax a bit and be a little more flexible with it.
As far as kids goes...that is the one thing that we as smokers will have to nip in the bud from the get go...we will have to be just as responsible with weed as we are with alc*hol...that practice is already in place for Bo*s, and needs to stay the tradition.
In fact, if you think about it, weed is much easier to lock down than a 6 pack..they sell the little mini safes at Walmart everyday. We must be smart about it!

alright. this is my 1st post here @ 420. i frequent icmag ~ but have International Cannabis News‏ emailed to me so i can try and keep current. i just read this thread from start to finish and have a couple things id like to contribute. let me start by saying i live on the central coast, california. i grew up on the Central Valley (Fresno area) which... to be honest... can be just as 'closed minded' as any other group, anywhere else in the nation.

like kitty said - it depends who you associate with and the places you frequent, etc. that is true anywhere. sounds like Jimbo really hangs with the right people and goes to the right places :smokin: luckily, i feel the same. but, again, i grew up here in Golden Cali and felt very suppressed by both religion and government (and the communities which tend to 'follow the lead' of said entities.) anyway - thats off topic, and my intention is to redirect it toward the topic.

that said, i believe this being on the ballot is a good thing. are there some things that suck about it? sure. but they arent talking about MMJ, first of all... they are talking about allowing MJ to be purchased and consumed as a recreational substance (like alcohol and/or tobacco.) the tax imposition seems to be totally directed at that. doesnt say anything about interfering with current (or advancing) MMJ laws - so you can still grow your 6 plants per doctors req, without paying this type of tax.

it is a way for the government and large companies to tax and profit off of MJ... but as long as they keep that independent from MMJ, doesnt it just drive further progress by taking MJ down a notch from c0ke and h3roen?

personally i believe MJ should be each person's choice. so if they want to make it available to ANYONE that chooses to partake - then how many people will be better off smoking than destroying their bodies with long-term use of alcohol, and how many less motor accidents will there be, or violent crimes, etc? i say cheers to making it available to everyone, and alcohol & cigs have taxes... whats the difference? trying to argue that it is wrong to tax is saying those are wrong - in that case, why argue just about the tax on MJ... argue the case for the whole. but i dont see that changing. the government is going to make something off of it... so let them - like they dont already off how many people they throw/keep in jails. i for one (if i wasnt a medical patient) would rather pay a tax to purchase (and grow a plant! wow) than pay with my time in a jail or prison.

MMJ laws on the other hand, will only continue toward decriminalization if MJ is downgraded from the horrible heights they've labeled it @ for years. as the walls come down in one area (recreational use) it only makes sense that more walls fall in the other (medical use)... after all, how can you prosecute medical patients if you are finally offering it to anyone and everyone?

as for Cali... love it. love north carolina. love new mexico. love nevada (lots of family there). ive had bad experiences in oregon - but im not young enough or naive enough to think that the entire state sucks because of them... oregon is a beautiful place and ive met along of very cool, open-minded, progressive thinkers from there - and all these areas. we're all in the midst of a great time (and i think every generation feels this, because change is constant and its always happening... it's just what we 'know' cause we're living through it... hopefully growing through it and with it.) how many people would of thought 15-20 years ago that we would be where we are now? even if it's just in 12 states.

and once the federal barrier is broken... every state will be united under (at least) MMJ laws. AND even another supporting stroke for this bill on the ballot... if there are states (in this case, California) that are working more and more toward decriminalization and/or recreational use of MJ - it will only coax the fed gov in that same direction.

it was already said - change is slow. so true... but we've seen so much change in such a little time (10 years is nothing in a cause that has seen little to no progress since our induction as a nation) and we're primed for even better things to happen.

lets see the walls keep coming down. i believe the governments of our great nation (yes, we live in an amazing country) are slowly realizing that the control and direction they took with MJ years ago is no longer working (or acceptable) for its people. people are voicing (and voting) their opinions. just takes time. time for them to think about how to still make money over it as well. and like i said - they should somehow. we pay taxes on everything. shit... tax recreational use and give us free med care!

thats my novel :rollit: thanks for allowing me to share.

First off...I want to say Welcome to the site and thank you for that post...Nice read :nomo:

I'd say I totally agree with the fact that MMJ should not be, either taxed, or even sold to MMJ patients...It should be either grown with assistance in the privacy of their own hones...or, doled out free of charge to seriously ill and fragile MMJ patients...no and's if's or but's...bottom line!!!

But for the rest of us, I would totally agree, with a sales tax and regulation that would go right back to the MMJ funding...that and sponsorship programs for research and development of strain and potency projects.
I have still failed to see any such research being conducted by either side, and it is a very worthy and much needed cause.

Anyway...with that, Please feel free to join us in the 420 Action forums here as well, as you sound well versed in these areas and could prove to be a valuable contributor to our cause...Thanks again, and welcome

Back
Top Bottom