Can A Topping off a plant be cloned?

StonedyCreek

HEllo, Hello!! :420: viewers!!

I have recently topped 4 or 5 of my plants to ensure a nice, low-growth bush with plenty of stem strength. I now have all the toppings, which are about 3" in total height, with very little stem left to plant. Would it be possible to clone such a small part of a plant? Ive never had a clone survive under 8-10" so I was hoping maybe someone with a greener thumb knows what to do.:) Thanks all:thanks:

Yes you can clone them. Just use the same method as you do with the tall ones. Most of my clones start at 3 to 4 inches tall i think i have photos of them in my gallery.
:smokin:

thanks SSnugs I'm gonna have to give it another try next time.. failure this time around :( They were already sitting for a bit before I tried coming up with any solutions so next time I'll be more on top of it.

I found a page on this forum about proper cloning techniques, and one of the things I did NOT know, was that air pockets sucked up into the stem can cause the death of your clones and also a 48hr dark period is usually given to them as well right after clipping. Wasn't aware of either so I got some work to do! thanks again bud.

Yes the air bubble will cause death but the 48hrs is something new too me. I put them under 24 hrs of light till the roots pop then switch to 18-6 once they are planted into a medium of choice. If you have down time before you can dip and put in your clone cube or whatever you use you can put the cuttings in a cup of filtered or distilled water that is at 6.0ph level and that will give you a little time to organize and prevent the air bubbles.

:smokin:

Also, has anyone ever tried using aerogardens before? you can use them like a small scale hydroponic for cloning or seedlings (makes some monsters) and a powerful set of 3 flatface cfl's line a reflective hood that can be adjusted in height up to 28 inches. The best part though is if you DONT want to do hydro, you can mainline the light into an outlet and just use the light and platform. Just in case anybody else finds one in moms kitchen.. lol

Back
Top Bottom