Can anyone help me save my first grow?

sirbeastalot

I believe it mustve been over watered. It was fine until i went out of town for the day. Came back the next day and watered it. then i came back in a few hrs and the new growth at the top was all bunched up and so were some smaller leaves. bigger leaves were drooping and turning yellowish. temp stays between 70-80degrees and humidity stays between 30-40. its been 3 days since i watered it and its still slowly deteriorating so i gave it a little bit of water. any help is appreciated. link to pic below.

Strain: blackjack from nirvana
soil: fox farm
no nutes yet
2 gallon smartpot
2 23watt CFL bulbs.
Water is oh adjusted to ~6

IMG_20160228_112818.jpg

I'm assuming these are clones? It looks like fan leaves only with no new growth. Do you have a better pic from the side?

No it was from a seed. the new growth up top got all bunched up and died so I cut it off. The pic in the OP is from this morning. Below are from 2/25
IMG_20160225_191913.jpg
IMG_20160225_191550.jpg
IMG_20160225_191524.jpg

yo would nearly think the roots died or someone has poured something over it like a chemical or weedkiller , thats really fast how it went

I know and Idk what the fuck to do lol. I don't want her to die lol. And those pics above are from 2/25. Not yesterday lol. It deteriorated that much in 3 days.

Is there anything left on top? It looks like a stump with not much of anything left to grow. Instead of snipping off that top, you may have wanted to leave it. If you cut the heart of those nodes out, I'm not sure what is left to grow.

Let it go and see what happens. I'm interested to see if anything takes off from there.

Is there anything left on top? It looks like a stump with not much of anything left to grow. Instead of snipping off that top, you may have wanted to leave it. If you cut the heart of those nodes out, I'm not sure what is left to grow.

Let it go and see what happens. I'm interested to see if anything takes off from there.

So I should just leave it be and water when needed? Or transport to smaller pot to recover from the over watering? I didn't think I cut it all. There was some new growth. Idk if you can zoom but it looks like there's a few baby leaves emerging from the nodes.

Here's a few more from just now. Hopefully someone has answers
IMG_20160228_135831.jpg
IMG_20160228_135812.jpg

I had some similar experience recently staring my first indoor grow, I was using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest. I had not quite as severe in the middle as you but some really dead looking seedlings, I did some research tested my soil ph, I heard both sides of the aisles views on the FFOF, too hot or bad product last couple years no nutes in it as promised.

I took a shot and feed my plants very lightly fox farm's grow big, I also thought I had overwatered so I made better drainage then gave it some time to fully dry out they came back and are nearing harvest now. I don't know how well that container you are using drains but it looks like it would stay soggy for too long, especially if one were trying to flush. But others will know way more about that than i do. just wanted to share my experience since it was similar.

I wouldn't throw them out just yet, transplant, feed and start a couple more just in case Best of Luck

:surf:

Yeah I would definitely transplant, into a solo cups worth of seedling starter mix of some sort (very low nutes), or into something like promix, also very low nutrients. Premix it so it's just slightly moist, and warm. Keep the transplanted victim in a nice warm place- 80 degress or so, under a cfl or low intensity light source. It might not live but at least there's a chance if conditions are better.

Back
Top Bottom