Can anyone recommend an outdoor grow book?

Dunno if this will help but a couple major authors of growing guides are Ed Rosenthal, Mel Frank and Jorge Cervantes, though I know of no texts specifically on outdoor cultivation.
I cut my teeth on Ed & Mel's Marijuana Growers Guide way back in the late 70's.
I've seen Jorge Cervantes on YouTube before, I might buy one of his books to read. The name Mel Frank rings a bell, he came up with some famous strain, Northern Lights if I'm not mistaken?

... an outdoor grow book that includes how to germinate seeds?
Judging by some of your photos it looks like you are having success when it comes to planting the seeds and getting them to germinate.

From what I have seen the authors mentioned have some great books on overall gardening & growing methods. Any book from one of them should give some ideas and advice what to do once the seedlings are growing.

google ed rosenthal. his early books were banned and could get you jail time yrs ago in some places. we passed around photocopies before the internet existed.

how to germinate seeds?

geurilla works a bit easier if you can germinate indoor, or green house if possible, and bring to a minimum node or two before outdoor transplant.

Judging by some of your photos it looks like you are having success when it comes to planting the seeds and getting them to germinate.
Germinating was a big learning curve complicated further by the fact that I had to germinate out in the bush. Rats knocked over a lot of peat pots before the seedling had germinated (most likely attracted by whatever fertilizer was in the starter soil) , so I lost about half of those, I accidentally knocked over another 10 peat pots, resulting in more losses.

I left the seedlings in the shade too long when they first germinated leading to stretching and it rained a lot in the first week so the starter soil staying soaked and the seedlings showing signs of over watering (dark stems) and slow growth.

On top of that I made a few other mistakes resulting in heavy losses, but luckily I came with numbers.

From what I have seen the authors mentioned have some great books on overall gardening & growing methods. Any book from one of them should give some ideas and advice what to do once the seedlings are growing.

I think I'll buy one book from Jorge Cervantes and one from Mel Frank.

Took these photos today, this is day 17 and they are showing better growth now compared to the first 10 days when they were growing really slow.

20231205_074657.jpg

20231205_074644.jpg

I've still got to prep the grow area and find one more grow area this weekend so they won't be going out till the following weekend, should be a bit bigger by then.

Back
Top Bottom