Can I do this?

Vinnyd1

One of my plants is ready to be harvested can I harvest my plant and put it in the same grow tent that the other plants are still growing in so one plant is ready and there's six more that's still growing can I use the grow tent or no

well right now they are in my closet that is dark the only thing is I can't seem to keep the humidity or the temperature correct so I'm afraid it will mold?

well right now they are in my closet that is dark the only thing is I can't seem to keep the humidity or the temperature correct so I'm afraid it will mold?
whether it is harvested cannabis, tobacco, wheat... the risk of mold is always there in the drying process. Make sure you hang each branch so it hangs not in contact with any others or the walls. If it seems moist in there, put a small fan in to reduce any moisture accumulation, but usually if you just let the branches air dry, they will get below 70% RH in 3 or 4 days, before they get a chance to mold. Once below 70% RH you are pretty safe. Just keep checking on them, move them around a bit and put a fan on them if you must, but be aware that might dry them too fast. The temp and the humidity is not as critical as you might think... I have had effective drying in 100% humidity during the hot august days here in Missouri, and I have also done it in the winter time when the humidity was down around 10%. You just need to be aware of the conditions you are working with, and adjust your assumptions accordingly.

whether it is harvested cannabis, tobacco, wheat... the risk of mold is always there in the drying process. Make sure you hang each branch so it hangs not in contact with any others or the walls. If it seems moist in there, put a small fan in to reduce any moisture accumulation, but usually if you just let the branches air dry, they will get below 70% RH in 3 or 4 days, before they get a chance to mold. Once below 70% RH you are pretty safe. Just keep checking on them, move them around a bit and put a fan on them if you must, but be aware that might dry them too fast. The temp and the humidity is not as critical as you might think... I have had effective drying in 100% humidity during the hot august days here in Missouri, and I have also done it in the winter time when the humidity was down around 10%. You just need to be aware of the conditions you are working with, and adjust your assumptions accordingly.

Attachments

• 20190423_110231.jpg
    20190423_110231.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 17
no but I have these little packets that you put inside the Mason jar with them and it's supposed to keep the perfect humidity levels for you and when the packet turn blue it's time to change it

no but I have these little packets that you put inside the Mason jar with them and it's supposed to keep the perfect humidity levels for you and when the packet turn blue it's time to change it
as long as you get reasonably close to the curing range before going in the jar, that will work well. That is cheating though, and it is good to learn the skill of burping down into the 59%-65% curing range manually. Most of us who have done this a while can tell if we are in the curing range just by feeling the crustiness of the buds and we don't need meters or packs to get it done. Now, instead of relying on those 2-way packs to do the curing for me, I use the 62% packs instead to keep the buds in the curing range for an extended time and I use other packs to keep bud fresh for a year or more in storage at 59%.

Back
Top Bottom