Why does 1 plant not have any trichomes? Help

Beccakf

420 Member
I have 3 beautiful plants in the flowering stage. I just harvested one, the second will be ready in about 2 weeks. But the 3rd plant barely had any trichomes?! They all started flowering the same time. Is this bad genetics? Should I give up on this plant, or continue to grow it? Will trichomes appear eventually? No idea what to do here.

Pics would help folks answer that, but yes can be genetics as get a dud from time to time same as one you wish you had kept a mother of. All the times I grew different plants they would throw out at the same time and was more of it thinking winter is coming due to light schedule and heat.

Hey @Beccakf Welcome to the community.
Uniformity can be a thing but plants will usually vary slightly from each other -
and have a few different expressions ('phenotypes') even if they're all grown from seeds of the same strain.
So if your three plants are all the same variety you can still expect some varation.
A plant might be a bit more like the father, another more like the mother... or one might be frostier or perhaps finish faster than the others. Some strains just aren't big resin producers but they can still pack a punch.

Pics would help folks answer that, but yes can be genetics as get a dud from time to time same as one you wish you had kept a mother of. All the times I grew different plants they would throw out at the same time and was more of it thinking winter is coming due to light schedule and heat.
Here’s a picture! I find the trichomes have looked like this for at least 12 weeks now (I didn’t keep a calendar date like I should have). Will I still be able to harvest this? Should I just keep waiting for it to try and frost up?

image.jpg

Lot of straight white pistils so that one not done or close yet, as a couple weeks easily left to go. Quite a few trichs there, could be pheno difference if all were the same Strain far as genetics go, not sure what you were expecting but I finish pretty much anything as you never know what it going to be far as effect goes.

Back
Top Bottom