Keep getting seeds late in flower

Hayron1088

Hey everyone. I’m having a very upsetting problem in one of my tents. Two cultivars, Skunk and Bruce Banger. This is the second time I have grown these from the same reputable seed bank and around week 4 of flower im getting pollen. I haven’t changed anything, no harsh conditions, no other plants near it, nothing. The plants grow beautifully and I only top them once. I find it odd that both cultivars have developed seeds around the same time and the Swedbank claims that both are “feminized”. I’ve been growing for years and never really had this problem with the exception of a bag seed years back and the intentional pollenation a couple cycles ago. Which I will say is a totally different tent, light, area of my home, etc. these plants are beautiful and we’re flowing perfect so I’m very disappointed and discouraged obviously. Any pointers? I had six plants in the tent and now I’m down to two…what am I doing wrong!! Also I’m noticing that it’s mainly the lower branches that are pollen. I attached a couple pics that are just for reference, probably won’t see much because I can’t zoom in enough. Hopefully someone has some info for me. I have four Strawberry Cough that will be ready to go in the tent in 3-4 weeks so I hope it doesn’t happen again. And FYI, I wipe down every inch of the tent before moving on and I also tried to spray down all other plants with RO water to try and wash the pollen away from my last two plants. Thanks again for stopping by. :lot-o-toke:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Probably just shooting out some male flowers early on. I had a bubba76 that would give me seeds every now and then. Was feminized from HSO. Was only a few here and there so no biggie to me.
Yea well here’s the unfortunate part, I bumped it while watering and watched the pollen just sail away lol. I watered them down twice so far but I’m pulling my hair out because of it :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: All are from same seedbank so I’m gonna switch it up to Atlantic and check them out. Not saying the seedbank I used is there “fault” because I know that it’s not so I’ll chalk it up to that in just bad luck with them:snowboating:

Any chance of light leaks or LEDs from fans, surge protectors, etc? If you’re finding them in specific spots in a specific tent then you may be getting light leakage

Are you having any stress during late Veg early flower? If she gets stressed she’ll think she’s dying and will push out stamens to make sure she can reproduce

Any chance of light leaks or LEDs from fans, surge protectors, etc? If you’re finding them in specific spots in a specific tent then you may be getting light leakage

Are you having any stress during late Veg early flower? If she gets stressed she’ll think she’s dying and will push out stamens to make sure she can reproduce
Absolutely zero chance of light leaks honestly. My tent is in the back corner of my creepy old basement and I have it sectioned off with black plastic walls. I have the ac Infinity fans so no light there. The plants have not been introduced to any amount of stress other than the topping early in veg and the occasional fan leaf plucking but I try and save that for as long as I can. I’m obviously hoping to learn from this and also hopefully I’m able to atleast have an idea as to why it happened. I always buy feminized seeds to increase my odds. I have some reg unicorn poop seeds that I’m also going to try and see the outcome there. On the plus side, I’m about to have a lot of Bruce Banger and Skunk seeds lol

Two cultivars, Skunk and Bruce Banger. This is the second time I have grown these from the same reputable seed bank and around week 4 of flower im getting pollen.
I feel that the theory of light leaks and minor stress causing this sort of problem is way over-rated.

What you are experiencing reads like the plant's DNA is not stable and more back-breeding and crossing are needed.

I had seeds from someone else's run of Papaya. Each plant was female but at about week 3 to 4 I would notice male flowers starting to show. I would cut off or squeeze every one of them and everything looked good. Within another 3 weeks the plant was doing it again. Back to cutting them off or killing them by squeezing.

I had taken cuttings from those plants before putting them into the flowering cabinet and the clones did the same thing.

For the most part I don't worry about occasional seeds but having to remove all those male flowers was becoming a big chore.

Also I’m noticing that it’s mainly the lower branches that are pollen.
My experience too. Whether with the Papaya which produced male flowers early on or with other plants that would start to show male flowers towards the end, usually by the 7th or 8th week after the first stigma/pistils showing it was almost always showing on the bottom area, below the main canopy.

Well after hearing all this it makes me feel a lot better about this whole unfortunate incident. It really bums me out when my buddies ask for some herb and it has seeds…I’m sure you all feel the same
I kinda understand but after all the seeds we had to put up with back in the day seeing 4 or 5 is now nothing to get excited about.

If you are being a nice guy and giving the weed to them then just remind them that the "best weed in this whole land is the weed you gave them for free". ;).

Back
Top Bottom