Can I flush?

tokeycones

Hey guys, bit of an issue here im growing in coco coir my ppm on my runoff is coming out 200+ higher than what im putting in which i assume is a build up of salts/old neuts? they havn't had a flush and they're 3 days into bloom was thinking it was a good idea to flush now as i have a new bluelab ph pen +ec/ppm pen to keep everything under control. My main issue is i run my lights 9pm-9am and they sleep during the day, i cant flush when the lights first turn on because everyones home and its not exactly legal to grow here , will i ruin my plants if they see afew extra hours of light during the 12 hours of darkness

Hey guys, bit of an issue here im growing in coco coir my ppm on my runoff is coming out 200+ higher than what im putting in which i assume is a build up of salts/old neuts? they havn't had a flush and they're 3 days into bloom was thinking it was a good idea to flush now as i have a new bluelab ph pen +ec/ppm pen to keep everything under control. My main issue is i run my lights 9pm-9am and they sleep during the day, i cant flush when the lights first turn on because everyones home and its not exactly legal to grow here , will i ruin my plants if they see afew extra hours of light during the 12 hours of darkness

I would try to avoid that, but I don't see any urgency if the plants are healthy. Can't you just do a flush when you would normally do their next feeding (which is usually pretty quick with coco! ;) )?

Only three days into bloom, I'd bet you would be ok. They probably are just at the beginning of stretch.

What would you bet? Your crop or his crop? :rofl:

My point, simply, is that there's NO point in even taking the gamble. We're talking about a maintenance flush in a situation where there's no problems with the plants. Why risk creating problems?

The fact that they're just beginning the stretch doesn't help. When the flip to 12/12 was made, it triggered the hormones in the plant to start the flower cycle. IF, by any chance, the extra three hours of light triggers the plant to start the veg cycle again and then it goes back to 12/12 triggering the flower cycle again, you're very likely to cause a hermie.

It's just not worth the risk when he can simply flush before the next feeding, IMHO. :Namaste:

Do you flush at the end?

I, like Mick F. back my nutes off at the end of the grow, will make a large batch of solution @ around 1.1 or so then just add to that a few gallons at a time with just RO, lite Cal/Magic and pH. My EC at harvest is usually < than 0. 2 and the final watering I empty my rez. This gives me a semi flush to clean the coco.
Then i do not water for 24 to 36 hours prior to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom