Can I pick your brain?

DecorumEst

Not quite a newb ,but still need some questions answered. I am forever learning. Not exactly sure how this works so please HELP!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The actual light output of LED units is based on the power they draw, not the rated power.

the Viparspectra 600 actually only draws 276 w of power. It has 120 diodes rated at 5w each (120 x 5 = 600). But like all LEDs they run at a fraction of the rated power to increase unit life. So it's really a 276 w LED fixture, comparable to a 400w HID not a 600w HID like they claim. So you would need 2 or 3 units for that space.

Most manufacturers rate their LED units that way, so they aren't actually lying when they call it 600. But it's a marketing ploy and it's annoying.

I use similar LEDs to cover 2X3 area each (so 4 units for your space). This allows light coverage to overlap and keep light intensity fairly even. They claim 3x3 but light would be very weak on outside edge.

I agree with dirt mcgert. I run a 600W Viparspectra LED in a 4x2x5 tent as well. I have 6 plants basically covering a 3x2 space with six inches on either side for intakes/fans/dehumidifier/etc. The girls seem to love it but I am definitely considering adding a second to run side by side for my next grow. I just have to convince my wife to let me blow another $270 on my set up : )

This is the light I have.

It has 3 switches to turn on and off the blue, white and red spectrums. I keep the blue and white on at all times and run the red only when flowering as it's supposed to mimic the sun's spectrum during the outdoor flowering season. As I said, the girls love it. I'm only 3 weeks into flowering on my first grow, but even the girls on the outside seem to be blooming up nicely. As you can see in the picture below, though, there is definitely less light getting to the outsides. I have to hang the light higher than I would like to allow it to cover more of the grow area. I also rotate my plants to try to give them all some time directly under the light. But yeah, one more of these fixtures and I think I'll be golden. Solid light by the way, extremely well built, and it throws off virtually no heat.

image21014.jpeg

p.s. This pic was taken only a few days into flowering with only the whites on so as to not turn my pic purple. So you won't see any flowering here, but for my first grow, they really seem to like it.

I was lucky enough to have the advice of y'all before I ordered two of the vipraspectra , I am anxiously awaiting their arrival as I prepare my new room , I took a few pics last night as we got our door installed. . installed
420-magazine-mobile759600471.jpg
thank you for your insight I have subbed to your grow also I have heard to run them at full spec the entire time ..... thoughts???

Grow With Me - My Grow Journey

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you to get that room ready but it's well worth the effort. I didn't think growing was going to be so thoroughly enjoyable but I'm loving it. I'm actually jealous now, though - 2 lights. I can hear the conversation with my wife in my head now ...

Me: I think I'm gonna get another LED to help maximize my yields.
Her: How much?
Me: $270
Her: Are you out of your mind?!? Your plants are doing just fine with just one!
Me: Yes dear. : (

To answer your question, though, I only run the red spectrum during flowering. That's what I read it was intended for, but I doubt very much you'd have an issue if you wanted to run full spectrum full time.

Just for reference, I threw in a couple pics of my girls from yesterday. As I said, this is my first grow. I don' know what's typical, but for only 3 weeks into flower I'd say they're looking really nice so far. Best of luck!

image2_1_2.jpeg
image1_2_2.jpeg

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you to get that room ready but it's well worth the effort. I didn't think growing was going to be so thoroughly enjoyable but I'm loving it. I'm actually jealous now, though - 2 lights. I can hear the conversation with my wife in my head now ...

Me: I think I'm gonna get another LED to help maximize my yields.
Her: How much?
Me: $270
Her: Are you out of your mind?!? Your plants are doing just fine with just one!
Me: Yes dear. : (

To answer your question, though, I only run the red spectrum during flowering. That's what I read it was intended for, but I doubt very much you'd have an issue if you wanted to run full spectrum full time.

Just for reference, I threw in a couple pics of my girls from yesterday. As I said, this is my first grow. I don' know what's typical, but for only 3 weeks into flower I'd say they're looking really nice so far. Best of luck!

image2_1_2.jpeg
image1_2_2.jpeg

Oh how right you are about my space, however everything is in order and on it's way, it was roughly 500$ investment into myself , and well worth the money !! You cracked me up with your imaginary conversation with your wife, I look at it like this my fiancé invests in snap on and it's 100$ a week so I'm turn my hobby is actually less in retrospect lol!!! Soooo excited I want my room done yesterday but the sink is added issues ATM when it's done it will be my sanctuary. How right you are my friend it is an addicting lifestyle , nothing more beneficial to spend my time and money on for sure!!!

Heck, you can even look at it as you're saving money! I used to spend $150/month on bud which isn't a lot compared to some people. I actually gave it up a little over a year ago because it was becoming too much a strain on the budget. But then legalization passed in my state and I figured a $500-$600 investment now will pay for itself in 3 or 4 months. And I read that a lot of strains can produce up to 4 oz per plant. If I get half that, that's 12 oz per grow which will keep me stocked for well over a year. That's money in the bank as far as I'm concerned. The hard part, though, is I'm still not smoking now. I vowed I wouldn't start back up again until my girls are ready. It is SOOOOO HARD to watch them growing up and not be able to reap the rewards yet. In the end my patience will make it that much sweeter though!

Heck, you can even look at it as you're saving money! I used to spend $150/month on bud which isn't a lot compared to some people. I actually gave it up a little over a year ago because it was becoming too much a strain on the budget. But then legalization passed in my state and I figured a $500-$600 investment now will pay for itself in 3 or 4 months. And I read that a lot of strains can produce up to 4 oz per plant. If I get half that, that's 12 oz per grow which will keep me stocked for well over a year. That's money in the bank as far as I'm concerned. The hard part, though, is I'm still not smoking now. I vowed I wouldn't start back up again until my girls are ready. It is SOOOOO HARD to watch them growing up and not be able to reap the rewards yet. In the end my patience will make it that much sweeter though!

Exactly!!! Great minds!!! In due time my friend u will be bathing in the multi benefits of your ladies!!! Cheers and yes although I have only had three harvests they are the most satisfying of my smoke for sure!!!!

Back
Top Bottom