Can i start flowering at 5-6 inches?

BarstadBuds

my plants have gone from seed to veg and its been two weeks, i have very limited space for these plants only about another 10 inches to grow in so i was curious can i put the lights to 12/12 and start them into flowering when there still about 5-6 inches tall?

im not looking for a big amount of bud to come of these plants a half quarter would be worth it.

BTW these plants are indoors in a small grow box and there bagseed from bud i dont remember.

the plants also have thin slightly white stems.

It's not a height issue, but an age issue.

Until the plants reach sexual maturity (~5-8 weeks from seed), they are not going to flower, 12/12 or no. When you get alternating nodes and or pre flowers, THEN they are ready for 12/12. There is no way to rush mother nature.

You might try topping, LST, or similar to deal with the height issue.

DD

Until the plants reach sexual maturity (~5-8 weeks from seed), they are not going to flower, 12/12 or no. When you get alternating nodes and or pre flowers, THEN they are ready for 12/12. There is no way to rush mother nature.

DD

alright thanks that's what i wanted to hear or tht i could start now but i have no problem waiting i wouldnt wanna rush the little ladies anyways.

Thanks the helps appreciated man

DD

You can start 12/12 from seeds if you want and be fine. Yield will be very small of course but you can do it.

So yes, you can start flowering if you want but expect height to double or triple for some strain.

BUT, like this poster said LST, or slowly:cheer: training your plant sideways can even out your canopy with light and provide more room for growing in a mall space.

I just read a thread here today where they started 12/12 from seed ! Yep right from seed said the weed was just as potent ,just about 70% as much as if he left it go longer in veg. He also said it was just an experiment he wanted to see if it could be done .Also said he probably wouldn't do it again, it didn't save much time as it took longerto flower...

I have a plant that went 12/12 from seedling. It grew 3 sets of branches/fan leaves at every node. Here's a picture of it right before it started budding. It now has 3 bud spots instead of 2 for the main cola

IMG_08078.jpg

I have a plant that went 12/12 from seedling. It grew 3 sets of branches/fan leaves at every node. Here's a picture of it right before it started budding. It now has 3 bud spots instead of 2 for the main cola

It is a trifoliate. 12/12 had nothing to do with it. it is genetic.
:peace:

This was taken from SciF in another threadi:
You've got a stress phenotype being expressed for 3 branches at each internode. It's pissed because it was getting hormones it knew it shouldn't have been yet, and instead of producing flowers, you got three inflorescences at each branch instead.. Likely auxin levels shot up with the gibberlin and florigen. Hormones can do weird shit to a plant when it isn't expecting it, and some genes are only activated it times of emergency stress. Going into 12/12 before it's sexually mature causes that.

On the upside thou.. That'll give you more leaf surface area so effectively, you're plants getting the same amount of photosynthesizes as it would if it was 13 1/2" tall.

All my other Jack Herer's are normal, 2 leaves per internode. You think it has nothing to do with what SciFi said? Here are some updated pictures:
DSC005142.JPG

DSC005132.JPG

DSC005123.JPG

DSC005111.JPG

DSC005101.JPG

DSC005084.JPG

DSC005072.JPG

im gonna try out a seedling 12/12 once i get my closet running..

Make sure you give it N nutes for a few weeks after it goes into 12/12, as it needs that for the stretching. It also needs it for when it's time to bud. All my fan leaves turned yellow because it was sucking itself dry of N.

If space is the issue, you would be much happier with the results if you didn't rush them into flowering, and instead LST'ed them and allowed the ladies to mature a bit. Just my opinion :420:

you could also give SCRoG a try,

instead of growingthe plant upright, you train it to grow under a screen and the only thing that grows up from there is the buds, look into it, there are many great threads with tons of info on here on this topic

Make sure you give it N nutes for a few weeks after it goes into 12/12, as it needs that for the stretching. It also needs it for when it's time to bud. All my fan leaves turned yellow because it was sucking itself dry of N.

Gonna have to take exception to your comment about nitrogen in flower. This is the time to reduce nitrogen and increase phosphorus. Excessive nitrogen in the bud cycle can delay flowering.

I have a stupid question, what is LST?

Low Stress Training..it's a method of training the plant to grow sideways instead of straight up. It's great if you have limited vertical grow space and exposes the plants "soft underbelly" to additional light creating additional budding sites.

Check Bass players lst perpetual grow with airpots..he's got very short plants producing massive yields in a very short space.

It's a must for the best possible yield in limited space. There are tons of tutorials here and other places as to the best method.

:slide:

Back
Top Bottom