Can I top dress my amendments?

pointer80

Hello all, I will be growing in a high tunnel in raised beds for the first time and it was a major chore to get all my beds filled so I didn’t have time to mix all my amendments into the soil as I usually do so I was wondering if I could scratch into the top of the soil I used? My amendments consist of what they use when mixing coots mix, kelp, crap shell, oyster shell flour, rock dust etc. my base soil mix is composted cow and horse manure, leaf compost, peat moss, and perlite. Like I mentioned I just did not have time to mix all the amendments and let age like usual. Thanks

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2062.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

Hello all, I will be growing in a high tunnel in raised beds for the first time and it was a major chore to get all my beds filled so I didn’t have time to mix all my amendments into the soil as I usually do so I was wondering if I could scratch into the top of the soil I used? My amendments consist of what they use when mixing coots mix, kelp, crap shell, oyster shell flour, rock dust etc. my base soil mix is composted cow and horse manure, leaf compost, peat moss, and perlite. Like I mentioned I just did not have time to mix all the amendments and let age like usual. Thanks

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2062.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg
Yeah you can. Especially if your base soil is decently charged. (Good quality compost) I started my soil with coots mix and planted directly into it. No "cook" time I mean. It does get better if it sits a while. I'd definitly recomend adding worms, and some sort of mulch though. The worms will feed on the amendments under the mulch and the myco will explode. 👍

Back
Top Bottom