Can I transplant during flowering?

It's not root growth I'm needing it the ability to retain more nutrients and moisture plants that are badly rootbound don't get a chance to absorb nutrients before it has to be watered again, inturn flushing out nutrients. Also the plants have become so top heavy they fall over so I need the added ballast weight of the extra soil to help keep the plants from falling, the buds are huge and heavy.
If I had more experience with this strain I would have transplanted to larger pots before flipping into flower.
ANYWAYS I transplanted about a half dozen today so we will see if any of them hermie?

I'm sure you'll be totally fine. I've transplanted in flower for the very reason you mention- added water retention. Transplanting isn't the least bit hard on a plant in my humble opinion.
What is it- a little glimpse of air and light for the roots and then right back into a pot again with fresh soil around them. I see nothing there to bother them and have never noticed any sign at all of plants being bothered by transplanting. Much the opposite.

Okay I think I screwed up. I usually use foxfarm ocean soil but this time I used Happy Frog and mixed with equal parts coco and perlight - I'm having some calcium problems already and wondering if I'm just screwed with the PH differences in my mix and should just repot into foxfarm ocean soil?

I would probably transplant and save the hassle of trying to figure out ph /calmag issues of a half coco mix.

There are situations where it can be difficult to transplant without bothering some roots- but usually it’s no problem if you time things right.

This was an ancient thread by the way....

Back
Top Bottom