Can I transplant during flowering?

if you go forward, and i remain neutral on if you should or not, do NOT tip the soil pot upside down! soil will fall into bud!

if you go forward, and i remain neutral on if you should or not, do NOT tip the soil pot upside down! soil will fall into bud!

hehe,,, never thought of that... (dirty bud)...
which would be another reason not to transplant during flower.. ('cause if you cannot tip upside-down,, man it will be tougher on the plant during that transplant)

as far as if you can or not... I am sure you can,, may stress it out a bit, slow down growth until it heals and starts filling the new pot.. but if you should transplant or not,,, is another questions, that I cannot answer... I am with LighTer on that.. I remain neutral.. :) ;)

I hope the plant still grow in the current pot. Now that I thought of it, I'm not transplanting. The plant is sitting on regular pot. I wished I had the air ports prior it would be much easier to transplant. Since the air pots can be open up to take out the molded shaped soil.

Thanks everyone for replying to this thread. It has helped me and those looking for the same question out a lot!

HighDive, If it were up to me, I would decide on re-potting, but scraping the pot it is iin. If its a plastic pot, i would cut it in half, open it up, put my hands on the bottom, pick up the whole thing and set it in new pot. Your going to have problems with flowering if you dont transplant becuase the roots are going to continue to grow, then become pot bound, and as a result your yield will be significantly less. Hope this info helps bud.

I have done this, but not into an air pot.
The roots never filled the pot.
Up-can a week before flowering.
:peace:

:goodjob:

Roots grow very little, if at all, during flowering.

CJ is spot on.

DD

LightTer,

Never thought it that way.
What would you recommend as a cutting tool? The pot is quite thick, it's plastic. Also, what pot size should I transplant to and let it sit through harvest?

Thanks!

Get a 3gal pot, one you will re-use to save money. As a cutting tool, if you have a dremel use that. If you have garden shears, use those. Use whatever you have laying around...use that "stoner" ingenuity we all have! A knife from the kitchen etc (just be careful with a knife and cut away from you!)

I have the same question this is my first time on here its June 19th im in the bay area and im flowering barely started but ive noticed my plant outgrew a 5 gallon pot. Im growing in soil outdoors in the sunlight I think I might I just dont want to effect my plants since im growing granddaddy purple it's a clone but I wantgood size buds. If you can reply thanx.

I too have to transplant during flower, my issue is not only root bound and can't keep it fed but also it's a new strain and grew crazy height and huge buds so it's top heavy, just fed it again this am. Any advise on this one?

Im with droopy....but how far into flower are you...after stretch the roots really stop growing so if your past stretch I see no point in it.....imo

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
At the.point your at don't up pot. Next grow do it if you don't get the courage to try DWC, lol, I know you would grow amazing meds. Most people I won't tell to switch there grow methods but with you, you have taken heed to everything and everyone that has helped you. Now help yourself and get some DWC buckets air stones air pump and a HPS light. I actually just did a reading on a new kind of light LEC grow light nanolux makes them. So does sunsystem both great companies.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Google LEC cmh grow lights. They aren't that expensive and don't need to cool them.off and best spectrum that is out there. I am looking into getting a 315 nanolux LEC. With ballest connected.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Back
Top Bottom