Can I use a single 150w HPS in this tent!?

nomissimon

Hi there,

I'm quite new to indoor growing...that is my interest piqued to a point beyond simple curiosity only yesterday lol. I'm trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can in order to maximize yield on a single or two plants. I wanted to know what you experienced growers think of this tent (see link below), and whether I could grow 1-2 plants under a single 150w HPS light, using the scrog method.

Any help or input you guys could provide would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I still don't know or understand the in's and out's of ventilation, so I'd be curious if 1) I could pull it off in this tent, and 2) whether this type of light is sufficient to produce 1-2 health, high yielding plants. Thanks!!

https://growace.com/grow-tents-2/24x24x48-led-reflective-grow-tent.html#q-and-a

Furthermore, do you guys have any suggestions for a step by step, single plant walk-through doing a scrog!? I could probably piece together my own method by citing a few grow guides online, however one comprehensive guide would be ideal. Also what all would I need if I wanted to do this in a tent!?

Many thanks!!

Heres a SCRoG link: A NEW GROWERS GUIDE TO SCRoG

I have a 20x30x63 tent with 8 plants in it under CFL's.
150w can grow plants. High yield? Your not getting a pound if that what you want... ;) But Id probably trade my 312w actual of CFL for a 150wHPS. For two plants you should be fine.

Thanks for the quick response, Spimp! Yeah I actually don't intend to yield all that much. This is more of a fun project than anything else since I'm not in the business of requiring large yields. I'd personally be content with pulling off producing an ounce for my first try. I finally bought a tent and light system today.

I purchased:

Aviditi PTU-68 Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent - 36" x 20" x 68"

51jnUjzwSfL_AA1000_.jpg

and

an 18"x18" 150w HPS Wing Reflector Grow Light Kit from Gotham Hydroponics, including an analog timer and yoyo hangers

From my brief research this setup appeared to be the most economical and effective for the small scale, personal grow op I had in mind. I'm now left with considering thermastat/ventilation choices before moving ahead with seed/growth medium selections..(although I think I can safely say I'll try soil for my first time around).

Spimp, might you have any suggestions for ventilation and filtering for this size? I gathered I could probably use a 4" duct fan of some kind, saw an affordable 80cfm one online; however with carbon filtration/duct venting I'll probably want something stronger, right!?

Also, I should mention I thought I would try the Scog method on one (maaaybe 2) indicas to optimize with these growing conditions.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

I just got the same tent 2 weeks ago! :thumb:

I found some cheap fans at Wallys store that are 5 inch and fit the sleeve perfectly. :):) If you are gonna run an actualy exhauset with filter and ducting, Im not the guy to ask. ;):)

Im more of a ghetto for little $ guy. ;19:

BTW, Now I want to buy that light! good find. I found the sunsystems 150w ballast built in for 60$ish but I was concerned bout heat. Ive never seen a 150w on to see how bright it is so im highly intrigued!

For real!? hahah that's awesome. The tent seemed to have a good amount of positive reviews, you'll have to let me know how your next grow goes! Also stoked I can help shed a little light (pun very much intended) on other low wattage HPS setups. I read some reviews on the all-in-one 150w light/ballasts, and it probably would've worked just fine, but some mentioned the issue of excess heat given that the balast is inside the tent. I just tried to avoid the hassle and figured I'd keep the ballast outside the grow space.

If you've got any source threads on venting/filtering I'd be stoked to read them! Thanks for the scog link, definitely informative. I'm not going to be setting everything up for another month or two, but when I do I'm definitely going to make a grow journal and keep you posted. I've never grown indoors, and am hoping this build will be exactly what I need - 1, maybe 2 plants tops. Done properly, I feel the scog method will issue something relatively robust as a single plant.

Back
Top Bottom