Can someone grow with a 100 watt regular light?

sanjose

could you grow a plant veg it and flower it with a regular 100 watt light bulb from walmart i understand its not as great as hps i dont plan on doing it but just want to know if its possible and if its been done

i use a few 1k hps lights but my younger sis just aquired her med card and wanted to try growing a plant but dosent have the money for the type of equipment i have and wanted to just throw it under a few 100 watt lights they sell for 5 bucks each

If you mean an incandescent bulb (old style) - the answer is no. Too much heat and not enough light and what little light is generated is not very useful for the plants - the Plant Available Radiation (or PAR rating) is very low.

If you mean one of the newer CFL bulbs - then yes. But you won't get a very large plant or yield with a single bulb.

If you check threads on here in the Journals in Progress subforum, you will see many people who do grow under CFLs - and absolutely zero who grow under incandescents. You can also see that they use lots and lots of CFLs strategically positioned around the plant.

yes with CFL's not old style incandescent. you can grow a decent plant with a 100 watts but not a huge one. it takes about 70watts(more is better)per square foot of grow space just remember to use the true wattage of the bulb not the equivalent wattage in the advertizing. So if the package says uses 23watts and equals 100w old style, use the 23w in your math. that adds up to 3-4 per square foot or better.

Back
Top Bottom