Can you mix a blurple and white LED in same tent

Austinpalm36

So I can’t find the lighting thread. And I have a simple question. Can I have a white bloom plus 3000 quantum board. In with a maxsisun 1500w blurble. Both from amazon. The bp actual wattage is 300 it claims which I doubt. I wAs flowering two plants with it and vegging two plants. The flowering ones turned out more stringy and not so dense. There was some nugs but the total weight was about 200. Not 300. Not a gram per watt. Which probably was because I was also vegging plants to. Which I know isn’t correct but it works for me. I can’t add another bp3000 because it is not going to fit in the tent. The slim maxsisun will. Can I mix leds so I can veg under the one and flower under the other. Upping my yields

So I can’t find the lighting thread.

I've no idea which lighting thread you're referring to, but it's probably in this section of the forum (unless it was misposted) :

And I have a simple question

Yes, you can mix lighting products in the same grow space. And that includes your blurple and not-a-quantum-board products. Or different lighting technologies, such as some kind of LED and some kind of HID.

Hi everybody. What do you think about blurple LEDs + HPS working together in the same grow room?
I believe more light =more food for your girls. I don't see a problem mixing those two. What about heat?

Heat is not A problem in my room.
im just worried about the different light specter, I’ve never tried to mix them
I have done just a little reading on subject. I think it's better for plants to have both.

Back to the original question. Yes, you can mix blurple and white LEDs. I figure all the light types or styles can be mixed.

Here is my current light set-up in a tent (my first tent-probably not my last). First couple of years it was a mix of T5 HO fixtures in a cabinet.
Pod Both On01a.jpg

On the far left are some T5 HO fixtures with LED tubes, some veg, some flower plus one of them is a fluorescent T5 grow bulb. Then a set of 3 white pod LEDs in one fixture. Next, in the center are some more T5 HO fixtures (all LED tubes with no fluorescent bulb). Then another LED fixture with three older style 'plurble' pods. Finally, to the far right but outside the photo is another T5 HO fixture which is turned off at this time.

I remember reading about people who have added every extra available light they had in the house just to get more light onto the plants. That includes the curly-Q fluorescent bulbs, the old style incandescent bulbs, and the older style fluorescent shop and over the kitchen sink fixtures.

Best to go with lights intended for growing and the modern grow lights of any style are better than the old ones unless that is all that is available at the moment.

Just remember to turn off that 'blurple' light if taking photos. Colors and details are better under the white light as can be seen in the photo above.

Back
Top Bottom