In defense of blurple lights

I recently bought a grow tent that came with four blurples.
I might have realized something. I plugged one of them in and the light in person doesn’t seem as obnoxious as it does in photos. I took a photo to test - and the pic was blurple all the way. Maybe helps explain why some people don’t realize the pointlessness of posting blurple pics. In the FAQs. Outside of blurple pic appreciation threads I mean of course.

Haha quality mate I'm fairly colour blind too. Can see under my blurples no worries :)
I recently bought a grow tent that came with four blurples.
I might have realized something. I plugged one of them in and the light in person doesn’t seem as obnoxious as it does in photos. I took a photo to test - and the pic was blurple all the way. Maybe helps explain why some people don’t realize the pointlessness of posting blurple pics. In the FAQs. Outside of blurple pic appreciation threads I mean of course.
As I have seen mentioned before, here and on hobby photography sites, the big thing is that the colors we see are often how our eyes and brain interpret them in the light that we have going at that moment. The camera does not compensate for unusual colors so it will not ignore the shades of purple or the pinks the way our brains will when the optic nerves in our eyes send the signals. As Barney86 mentions most of us can see under our "blurple" lights with no problem and we can often see the colors of the damages in our leaves even without being color blind.

I often see people being concerned and then asking about the "orange" spots in their leaves. Could not figure out what orange spots they were talking about. Even when they would go back and take photos under white light I could not see orange spots. Then one day I saw those orange spots on several leaves.And they were orange, just like Halloween orange colors. Turned off the blurple pod and left just the white T5 LED tubes running and the orange spots dissappeared and were replaced with some yellow-brown spots. Turned the blurple pod back on and the orange spots were back. Though, no matter what combination of lights I had running was I ever able to find orange spots in a photo.

Have a great day....

Back
Top Bottom