LED Lighting Watts - Tent Size

GrowPhase

Hello, I have a 36x36x72 tent. Right now I have two Fecida 600W lights. They draw 65 watts. I have a total of 130w draw in my tent. I am growing 3 plants and they all seem to be looking good. My first grow was 2 plants and I only had 1 Fecida 600w. The plants came out fairly weak and light or fluffy type weed. I added the second Fecida LED and on this new batch everything looks good. I started to read the forums and quickly realized I might need 300 watts on the low end and 400 to 450 watts?

Would I be able to get away with 300 true watts or do I need 450 watts?

If I were to continue on with only the 130 watts, I am most likely to get a weak harvest?

The last question is, which marshydro LED would you suggest for my setup?

a rough rule of thumb is 35 - 55w for every sq/ft if you want to be safe. that number has come down a little as the tech has improved, but you can still go by it. that 's specifically for flower.

i run 600w of cob in a 4 x 4 which works out to 37.5w per sq/ft. i use a dimmer though, as i don't always need all the light. i run a 200w in a 3 x 3 in veg, it's adequate but i could use a little more.

all those numbers are actual draw. not advertised equivalent, i built my own lights.

a rough rule of thumb is 35 - 55w for every sq/ft if you want to be safe. that number has come down a little as the tech has improved, but you can still go by it. that 's specifically for flower.

i run 600w of cob in a 4 x 4 which works out to 37.5w per sq/ft. i use a dimmer though, as i don't always need all the light. i run a 200w in a 3 x 3 in veg, it's adequate but i could use a little more.

all those numbers are actual draw. not advertised equivalent, i built my own lights.
If you are at 200 watt draw in your 3x3 and feel you need more, is it safe to say I should get a 300 watt?

That’s what I’m leaning towards.

If you are at 200 watt draw in your 3x3 and feel you need more, is it safe to say I should get a 300 watt?

That’s what I’m leaning towards.

if you do the math :

3 x 3 = 9sq/ft

9 x 35w min = 315w

that would be the recommended minimum to flower a plant.

If possible I always suggest to go to the higher side so you have plenty to spare and can burn the lights at 50% to 75% part of the time, they burn more efficiently and cooler and last longer.

I am in a 2x5 running 650w and to me thats perfect

definitely.
go big and use a dimmer is always best. :)

that and wall to wall light.

If possible I always suggest to go to the higher side so you have plenty to spare and can burn the lights at 50% to 75% part of the time, they burn more efficiently and cooler and last longer.

I am in a 2x5 running 650w and to me thats perfect
Ahhh

I was hoping to run 300 watt, but if the more experienced truly think 400 watt is the right answer, I made need to go that route.

I was looking at the marshydro 300 watt system and looked and notice their next setup up is 480 watt.

Could you guys kindly suggest a 400 watt system that is roughly in the price range of $350?

I really didn’t want to get the 400 watt setup. I think I’m going to skimp and go with the 300 watt. A few watts difference shouldn’t make or break me, I hope.

the difference is 300w - meh. 400w - wow. if you could get to 450w it would be even better.

Ahhh

I was hoping to run 300 watt, but if the more experienced truly think 400 watt is the right answer, I made need to go that route.

it's worth an upfront cost now to avoid another upgrade for a while.

the difference is 300w - meh. 400w - wow. if you could get to 450w it would be even better.

it's worth an upfront cost now to avoid another upgrade for a while.
Then based off this info, the 480 watt mars lighting is the best bet?

I guess that’s what needs done.

Ahhh

Somewhere around 500w and best to go with a strip light, less heat and better coverage more efficient.

Something like this.

20200930_181320.jpg

Then based off this info, the 480 watt mars lighting is the best bet?

I guess that’s what needs done.

cross shop that light with others sold by the board sponsors. mars, phlizon, vipar, and a couple others are sponsors and all have decent rigs. most offer at least some discount for members.

if you are handy at all you could even build your own. both @Nunyabiz and myself run rigs we built. his is a newer tech.

cross shop that light with others sold by the board sponsors. mars, phlizon, vipar, and a couple others are sponsors and all have decent rigs. most offer at least some discount for members.

if you are handy at all you could even build your own. both @Nunyabiz and myself run rigs we built. his is a newer tech.
I’m going to start simple, but if I become more of a hobbiest , I might build one.

This is my second run and my only goal is enough for me.

I got the tent, vent with filter, fan, and cheap lights. I’m hoping after this upgrade I’m done.

Not sure it matters, but im using all fox farm soil and nutrients.

I’m leading towards the mars system. The 480 watt system is under $400

I’m going to start simple, but if I become more of a hobbiest , I might build one.

I got the tent, vent with filter, fan, and cheap lights. I’m hoping after this upgrade I’m done.

you'll like what it can do much more than a 300w. frankly the simplest rule is stuff as much as you can afford into the space and learn to use a dimmer. the more you can spend on light the happier you will be in the long term.

you can't replace light or compensate for it from a bottle.

i'm actually about to go another 50w up to 650w for flower. i've had the rig for a while but i haven't got it set up with dimming yet.

what's your avatar btw ? are you a sound tech ?

If you go the bottled nutrients route you're better off just doing coco in 5 gallon fabric pots, alot easier to mess with, as long as you water everyday there's no watering problems.
If you mess up nutrients you can flush easier and start over.

you'll like what it can do much more than a 300w. frankly the simplest rule is stuff as much as you can afford into the space and learn to use a dimmer. the more you can spend on light the happier you will be in the long term.

you can't replace light or compensate for it from a bottle.

i'm actually about to go another 50w up to 650w for flower. i've had the rig for a while but i haven't got it set up with dimming yet.

what's your avatar btw ? are you a sound tech ?
I make different types of music. It’s a Roland 808 machine.

If you go the bottled nutrients route you're better off just doing coco in 5 gallon fabric pots, alot easier to mess with, as long as you water everyday there's no watering problems.
If you mess up nutrients you can flush easier and start over.
Right now im in 3 gallon plastic with an oil pan below them to bottom feed. Yes, the nuts I use are bottled. It’s the big bloom, big grow, tiger bloom. I think the soil is forest blend.

Back
Top Bottom