LED Lighting Watts - Tent Size

Don't think so. He was working on new lights, then just kinda stopped. Haven't seen any new content on Y.T either.

it's just about impossible to compete with the offshore brands even if you carry better build or quality. i gave up selling my own rigs over 5yrs ago.

customers would cross shop my rigs against offshore then buy a $200 pile of wonky and then go on forums whining led couldn't grow weed.

most diy guys who know what they're doing can still build a better performing rig than most commercial lights. the cost gap to do it has shrunk enough that i'd only bother building for myself now.

digi-key and mouser have always carried them. there's others as well.
Nope, unfortunately I think Covid took them out.
As Bluter said, those two and I am pretty sure that Cutter is still around.
I bought 8 extra strips fortunately as backup that I haven't needed to use yet.
Are there any specific strips I should be looking for that will supply the full spectrum or are all the strips full spectrum?

Are there anyu specific strips I should be looking for that will supply the full spectrum or are all the strips full spectrum?

they are sold in several configurations and mix of kelvin. some also have ir and uv you can specify. pay attention to the binning and the emitters used.

they are sold in several configurations and mix of kelvin. some also have ir and uv you can specify. pay attention to the binning and the emitters used.
What I know is you want the diodes to be bin matched for performance but beyond that I don't know all that much.

What I'd like to do is setup a 600W light fixture with the last two strips on each end closer to each other to even out the edge PPFD and try and get as even a light spread as possible edge to edge. Two separate 100w strips for the sides that I can't push the strips closer to each other so that I can try and keep up the PPFD on those edges. 800w total.

If I could I would like to make a square of light strips that'll hug the edges while I hang another fixture in the middle. I feel this would give me the most coverage with the least amount of hotspots.

In the video that @Nunyabiz posted the guy didn't really specify if some of the strips were for IR and others weren't, etc. It looked to me like they were all full spectrum strips that are essentially designed to be piggy backed on one another. He didn't mention anything like these 4 strips are full spec and this strip had IR built in along with the full spectrum.

What I know is you want the diodes to be bin matched for performance but beyond that I don't know all that much.

What I'd like to do is setup a 600W light fixture with the last two strips on each end closer to each other to even out the edge PPFD and try and get as even a light spread as possible edge to edge. Two separate 100w strips for the sides that I can't push the strips closer to each other so that I can try and keep up the PPFD on those edges. 800w total.

If I could I would like to make a square of light strips that'll hug the edges while I hang another fixture in the middle. I feel this would give me the most coverage with the least amount of hotspots.

In the video that @Nunyabiz posted the guy didn't really specify if some of the strips were for IR and others weren't, etc. It looked to me like they were all full spectrum strips that are essentially designed to be piggy backed on one another. He didn't mention anything like these 4 strips are full spec and this strip had IR built in along with the full spectrum.

when you shop for the strips you can check the different specs. most are a single kelvin, but you can mix and match the different strips to make your own full spec. some now have different kelvin on the same strip. you need to dig in to what is out there.

you'll need to do some research. it seems complicated but it really isn't. there's a whole bunch of some math involved. i used to send folk to led gardener dot com to get the basics.

they've been cobbled by legal issues lately and are a getting out of date but the basics apply. pay particular attention to the strip builds if they're still available. there's more info on cob which works the same. you can treat a strip the same as you do a cob.

the math is all the same between them.

do a google research on kelvin, calculating forward voltage, the difference between constant current and constant voltage drivers, and whether you want to wire series or parallel.

i recommend building something like what @Nunyabiz has done. he runs two drivers on a 600w+ total strip rig ( parallel ? ). you can scale it as large or small as you like. i personally run 600w total on 2 separate 300w drivers on a 12 cob rig in simple series wiring. both of us use dimmers.

led or hid ? what's the brand and model ?

hid will do it no worries. some led mfgrs use a hocus pocus way of claiming the 1000w.

It's hard to see much growth lately being in late flower kind of, one of my plants has some rusty leaves almost like newt burn or light burn, what do u think?

20231231_183644.jpg

Led vivosun and spider farmer

is that the wall draw ? what are the drivers rated to pull ?

seems promising. a bit will depend on the series and what era the leds are from.

What Trump said about the lights. Those panels are probably good for 2x2, so technically you have enough light for 2x4. Hard to be 100 as I haven't seen the fixtures, but that's pretty general. As far as the plant goes, looks like she's ending her life cycle. A bit of fading. Can't zoom in to see but I wouldn't worry about it. She looks pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom