LED Lighting Watts - Tent Size

This is my second day with it, but so far its off completely... Ill just pay attention for the rest of this grow to make sure. :)

I am pretty happy with it. Fills the tent nicely. Much brighter even at half power than my old lights. Really excited for dense buds.
If you where going to see a problem with it you would already be experiencing it .
You will be ok
Happy dense buds 😊😉

cob and strip lights are the majority of builds. they had more strip light builds featured than cob.
Care to hook me up with a light building simple system?

I like the new lights, but I wont be able to use them on the summer. They raise the heat 20 degrees roughly. This is fine for winter, but in summer it will kill my plants. I have about 4 months so I am not in a massive rush. Thank you bro

Care to hook me up with a light building simple system?

I like the new lights, but I wont be able to use them on the summer. They raise the heat 20 degrees roughly. This is fine for winter, but in summer it will kill my plants. I have about 4 months so I am not in a massive rush. Thank you bro

i normally recommend having a look at led gardener dot com. there should still be number of tools there for calculating driver capacity and other things.

they had a fantastic forum, but it has been shut. a number of led mfgrs are suing them trying to get the whole thing closed as it eats into their sales. the info is still up though.

if you hunt around you can still find the algorithms used for the calculations and other stuff. i used to do it all myself.

it's an older site so it concentrated on cob originally, but there are a number of real good strip light builds there as well. i'd encourage you to look at those in particular. the basics are exactly the same between the two. you simply treat the strip the same as you would a single cob. the same holds for a q-board if you purchase one raw.

they had a fantastic forum, but it has been shut. a number of led mfgrs are suing them trying to get the whole thing closed as it eats into their sales.
Thats absolutely disgusting that LED manufacturers are lowlife enough to do that instead of simply selling that 1% that decide to build their own the parts instead.

Here are a couple of light builds.

Thats absolutely disgusting that LED manufacturers are lowlife enough to do that instead of simply selling that 1% that decide to build their own the parts instead.

interestingly enough it's all offshore mfgrs who don't face the same copyright laws doing it. they use the legal system in open countries to fuck things up, but they are allowed to rip off others proprietary knowledge with impunity in their home country.

Here are a couple of light builds.
srsly thanks for that. :)

i normally recommend having a look at led gardener dot com. there should still be number of tools there for calculating driver capacity and other things.

they had a fantastic forum, but it has been shut. a number of led mfgrs are suing them trying to get the whole thing closed as it eats into their sales. the info is still up though.

if you hunt around you can still find the algorithms used for the calculations and other stuff. i used to do it all myself.

it's an older site so it concentrated on cob originally, but there are a number of real good strip light builds there as well. i'd encourage you to look at those in particular. the basics are exactly the same between the two. you simply treat the strip the same as you would a single cob. the same holds for a q-board if you purchase one raw.
thank you

I am not too sure where to post this.

Anyone have advice on aphids? I have some on leaves and have removed them, but id like to spray these down to make sure. I heard dawn soap works. Anything else?

You don't have enough light for the entire tent, but about enough for a 2x2 footprint. I'd mark of 2x2 in the center of the tent and keep the plants in that boundary. I'd also keep them as close to the plants as I could. With those lights, you could probably stay 6 inches or so from the canopy. Slowly lower until you feel the plants are happy. Happy growing.

I am not too sure where to post this.

Anyone have advice on aphids? I have some on leaves and have removed them, but id like to spray these down to make sure. I heard dawn soap works. Anything else?
Alcohol and water 50/50. Only in veg though. Only!!!!!

I am like 2 weeks from harvest. I took the leaves with them off. I have yet to see them on buds, but i want to be safe, any suggestions? Would dawn be fine to use?

there's nothing safe to use that close to harvest. it takes 3wks minimum to eradicate a pest due to life cycles. any chemical will need that 3 wks to work and at least another 6 wks to clear the half-life of the chemical.

have a look at sns products, they are supposed to be safe in flower. they are only available in the states though, their products are banned in most countries outside the US.

there's nothing safe to use that close to harvest. it takes 3wks minimum to eradicate a pest due to life cycles. any chemical will need that 3 wks to work and at least another 6 wks to clear the half-life of the chemical.

have a look at sns products, they are supposed to be safe in flower. they are only available in the states though, their products are banned in most countries outside the US.
Dang!!!!

I guess ill just pick them off. I might have to wash my bud then.

Dang!!!!

I guess ill just pick them off. I might have to wash my bud then.

maybe start a new thread. someone else may have a suggestion.

also a look at the plants may help. it's possible you might have more time. dealing with anything in flower gets dicey, you really want them cleared in veg before the flower run.

Is Pacific Lighting Concepts still around? Whenever I click their site link I get a malware warning? If not who supplies light strips similar to theirs?

digi-key and mouser have always carried them. there's others as well.

Is Pacific Lighting Concepts still around? Whenever I click their site link I get a malware warning? If not who supplies light strips similar to theirs?
Nope, unfortunately I think Covid took them out.
As Bluter said, those two and I am pretty sure that Cutter is still around.
I bought 8 extra strips fortunately as backup that I haven't needed to use yet.

Don't think so. He was working on new lights, then just kinda stopped. Haven't seen any new content on Y.T either.

Back
Top Bottom