LED Lighting Watts - Tent Size

Lions mane is a close fav for food mushy. It quite literally taste like chicken to me. I love to add it to stroganoff.
Every year for the past 7 years I've had a Chicken of the Woods mushroom come back in the same spot.
That totally taste like chicken and same texture of chicken.

The Lions Mane I use to take the place of crab and lobster. Makes great crab cakes.
20201030_154520.jpg
20201030_160842.jpg
20201031_175526.jpg
20201031_181448.jpg
20201031_182901.jpg

I rather not start another post so would you guys indulge me here?

I order from seedsman and no issue, but would you suggest a better store? This is mainly for me to try. I have no issue with seedsman.

Every year for the past 7 years I've had a Chicken of the Woods mushroom come back in the same spot.
That totally taste like chicken and same texture of chicken.

The Lions Mane I use to take the place of crab and lobster. Makes great crab cakes.
20201030_154520.jpg
20201030_160842.jpg
20201031_175526.jpg
20201031_181448.jpg
20201031_182901.jpg
I used to watch a show about wild mushroom 🍄 hunters. They made some serious $$$ selling their finds to Chefs. CL🍀

Hello, I have a 36x36x72 tent. Right now I have two Fecida 600W lights. They draw 65 watts. I have a total of 130w draw in my tent. I am growing 3 plants and they all seem to be looking good. My first grow was 2 plants and I only had 1 Fecida 600w. The plants came out fairly weak and light or fluffy type weed. I added the second Fecida LED and on this new batch everything looks good. I started to read the forums and quickly realized I might need 300 watts on the low end and 400 to 450 watts?

Would I be able to get away with 300 true watts or do I need 450 watts?

If I were to continue on with only the 130 watts, I am most likely to get a weak harvest?

The last question is, which marshydro LED would you suggest for my setup?
Mars hydro TSW2000 cover every inch of that tent...I'm speaking from years of experience with Mars Hydro products

The Vivosun VS4000 would work great in a 3x3. Right now it's under $350, and will probably be even cheaper for black Friday. It is dimmable and you can even hook it up to the GrowHub to control it remotely. If you keep your eye out, you should be able to find a 15% off coupon, too ;)

As for seeds, my favorites are Herbie's US Express and North Atlantic Seed Company (NASC).

Mars hydro TSW2000 cover every inch of that tent...I'm speaking from years of experience with Mars Hydro products

we've noticed they don't show up as advertised spec when purchasing now. cheaper components keep getting subbed in without informing the customer.

do a search on the board. happened to a few members here. normally they will show up in correct spec if you buy the very newest line. other than that its a crap shoot.

The Vivosun VS4000 would work great in a 3x3. Right now it's under $350, and will probably be even cheaper for black Friday. It is dimmable and you can even hook it up to the GrowHub to control it remotely. If you keep your eye out, you should be able to find a 15% off coupon, too ;)

As for seeds, my favorites are Herbie's US Express and North Atlantic Seed Company (NASC).
Use code SEVENDUST 15% OFF
For Vivosun stuff

@bluter and @Nunyabiz

School me. I've been looking at a bunch of high dollar bar light setups but I think, with enough knowledge, I can build one for much less that will perform just as well. One of my wish list items is a setup with a configurable light spectrum. Built in timer would be nice for light scheduling too. I'm in a 5 x 5.

Areas I think are important(but may not be as I'm a lighting dumbass)

Driver - I keep reading about Meanwell drivers....

Lights - Samsung and Omran diodes

Grow style - I like to do wall to wall SCROGS so edge PPFD is as important to me as center PPFD. If we can eliminate or at least mitigate as much as possible hot spots.

Heat can be an issue for me in my situation so, for now, I've been using 30w sq/ft as a rule of thumb but @bluter pointed out that that is minimum and 35w - 55w sq/ft is where you want to be so I guess 875+ watts.

The bar styles all seem to have a fold up rack for convenience. Nice but not crucial. If you know of a way of setting it up that way then great but, again, not crucial.

Any views on side lighting?

I tried to do this in private but this site needs 50 posts before I can communicate with any of you privately......

@bluter and @Nunyabiz

School me. I've been looking at a bunch of high dollar bar light setups but I think, with enough knowledge, I can build one for much less that will perform just as well. One of my wish list items is a setup with a configurable light spectrum. Built in timer would be nice for light scheduling too. I'm in a 5 x 5.

Grow style - I like to do wall to wall SCROGS so edge PPFD is as important to me as center PPFD. If we can eliminate or at least mitigate as much as possible hot spots.

Heat can be an issue for me in my situation so, for now, I've been using 30w sq/ft as a rule of thumb but @bluter pointed out that that is minimum and 35w - 55w sq/ft is where you want to be so I guess 875+ watts.

The bar styles all seem to have a fold up rack for convenience. Nice but not crucial. If you know of a way of setting it up that way then great but, again, not crucial.

I tried to do this in private but this site needs 50 posts before I can communicate with any of you privately......
What I would do is get the bar lights. Remove them from the bar and make racks to hold them on the sides. But likely burn them.. under side of the leaves are sensitive and may not be able to handle much light reflectors would be easier and cheeper. I have four foot by foot squares they work well for that stuff. . Just another idea for you

@bluter and @Nunyabiz

go have a look at led gardener dot com if it is still rolling. it's not a cannabis site. it's a led builders / hobbyist site.

they literally have step by step guides, and other tools like driver calculators so you can build the most efficient set ups. most of the self built rigs featured there are equal or better to anything you can purchase. many builders spend less than a third of what an equivalent costs.

once you know how a rig works you'll never look at a commercial light the same.

go have a look at led gardener dot com if it is still rolling. it's not a cannabis site. it's a led builders / hobbyist site.

they literally have step by step guides, and other tools like driver calculators so you can build the most efficient set ups. most of the self built rigs featured there are equal or better to anything you can purchase. many builders spend less than a third of what an equivalent costs.

once you know how a rig works you'll never look at a commercial light the same.
Site is closed and no new registrants. Quick run through some of the material shows COB lights as their choice of diode or did I miss it?

What I would do is get the bar lights. Remove them from the bar and make racks to hold them on the sides. But likely burn them.. under side of the leaves are sensitive and may not be able to handle much light reflectors would be easier and cheeper. I have four foot by foot squares they work well for that stuff. . Just another idea for you
From the little that I know reflected light doesn't really give much PPFD wise.

Back
Top Bottom