LED Lighting Watts - Tent Size

My last grow under 1 65 watt led wasn’t too bad. I mean, the buds were airy and light, but they are what I would consider mids. I’m aiming for top quality on this next run. I’m doing sweet cheese and green crack strains.

I make different types of music. It’s a Roland 808 machine.

nice the great 808 state. i work as lighting tech on and off.

Right now im in 3 gallon plastic with an oil pan below them to bottom feed. Yes, the nuts I use are bottled. It’s the big bloom, big grow, tiger bloom. I think the soil is forest blend.

i have a friend who also bottom feeds to avoid pests. he feeds as often as i do in hempy to keep up with the plants. it can tie you to the grow.

My last grow under 1 65 watt led wasn’t too bad. I mean, the buds were airy and light, but they are what I would consider mids. I’m aiming for top quality on this next run. I’m doing sweet cheese and green crack strains.

you'll find decent light is a game changer.

nice the great 808 state. i work as lighting tech on and off.

i have a friend who also bottom feeds to avoid pests. he feeds as often as i do in hempy to keep up with the plants. it can tie you to the grow.

you'll find decent light is a game changer.
It’s funny you say that! Lol

These things have become like kids. I like to ride a lot ( yz450f) and lately I feel like I’m baby sitting plants more than riding.

You got it right on the head with that comment.

It’s funny you say that! Lol

These things have become like kids. I like to ride a lot ( yz450f) and lately I feel like I’m baby sitting plants more than riding.

You got it right on the head with that comment.

i run hempy and it's a daily feed in flower, can be a total pain. when i have to do a show or go on the road my poor old pops takes care of them for me. he feeds them more than i do in flower as that's where my flower area is built.

i run hempy and it's a daily feed in flower, can be a total pain. when i have to do a show or go on the road my poor old pops takes care of them for me. he feeds them more than i do in flower as that's where my flower area is built.
I’ve been doing mushrooms right with the plants. Those are thankfully much easier.

I’ve been doing mushrooms right with the plants. Those are thankfully much easier.
i gotta get on that here. been meaning to give that a shot.

i gotta get on that here. been meaning to give that a shot.
It’s pretty easy once you get the sterilization part down. I prob lose 1 of 4 grows. Contamination seems to get me here and there. But overall, those have been fairly easy.

Lions mane, shiitake, a few of the oysters and a few medicinal.

All natural is a big thing for me. ;)

It’s pretty easy once you get the sterilization part down. I prob lose 1 of 4 grows. Contamination seems to get me here and there. But overall, those have been fairly easy.

Lions mane, shiitake, a few of the oysters and a few medicinal.

All natural is a big thing for me. ;)
I've just started some culinary shrooms a couple days ago.
First grow in my Martha tent.

Blue, Golden, Italian Oyster
20231110_160533.jpg

Super sweet!
Looks like strong colonization

I have been doing grain inoculation to substrate. Mushrooms are as cool as weed :)
Wife and I went Vegan 2 years ago so I am going to start a constant supply of various mushrooms to eat.
Lions Mane, Shiitake, Black King, Chestnut, Blue, Golden, Italian Oyster.
All very good meat substitutes.

I am going to start making my own spore solutions with each grow, take prints and make solutions of each type.
Buy large 40# bags of oak wood pellets and try to keep about 6 bags going at all times

I grew two 66 qt tubs 3 years ago of Golden Teacher and B+ and still have a ton left.
I got 6 flushes B+ and 5 flushes GT .
We just take some once in awhile, probably got enough to last rest of our lives.
That sounds like when I first moved to Florida. Every chance I got I was scroom hunting and had a paper grocery bag full of mushies. lol CL🍀🧙🍄 :surf: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wife and I went Vegan 2 years ago so I am going to start a constant supply of various mushrooms to eat.
Lions Mane, Shiitake, Black King, Chestnut, Blue, Golden, Italian Oyster.
All very good meat substitutes.

I am going to start making my own spore solutions with each grow, take prints and make solutions of each type.
Buy large 40# bags of oak wood pellets and try to keep about 6 bags going at all times
Lions mane is a close fav for food mushy. It quite literally taste like chicken to me. I love to add it to stroganoff.

I used to hunt in Florida off of 41 in Hudson area. Small world.

This is a great forum. Nice to meet all of you. ;)
I lived in Floral City for about a year and would hunt the cow pastures of Citrus Cty. I had a really great spot just outside of Brandon in the Tampa area. I loved riding my Panhead on hwy 41 from Tampa to Floral City. Beautiful place to ride. CL🍀

Looks like I’m leaning towards the 480 watt system from marshydro which costs roughly 400 bucks
I’m a little bit concerned about the temperature for keeping the rice in. Any suggestions? Also about if you keep them in the dark? CL🍀
i wouldn’t do the uncle bens. Mine didn’t work out.

My first successful run was a bag I bought off mushroom supply. From there, I started to make my own substrate and pasteurize my own grains.

If you do the uncle bens, try and keep the rice flat in the bag and put it right in dark with a temp of around 75f. Mine had an issue of not taking to the rice. I just had a puddle of spore liquid.

I’ve learned to make liquid culture from spores and they take much faster. Spore takes at least a few weeks longer than liquid culture. The longer it takes the more risk of contamination.

Back
Top Bottom