Can You Spot The Damage?

Seniorweeder

Hey guys, I must admit that this is my least enjoyable post thus far, and a bit embarrassing actually, but like they say, 'STUFF" happens. I am really taking my bruises in my first grow i.e. germination probs, 4 out of 5 plants were male, and now this! My girl is about 10 weeks old and is about 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12 lighting and started to forming buds a week ago, YEAAAAAA! Problem is, a few nights ago while adjusting my light height the light fell, "I lost my breath", luckily the light never cut off or was damaged as it fell about 4 ft to the bottom of the grow box, but it hit on top of my baby and separated 3 main branches which upset me bad! The branches were already stretched out do to my first "LST" attempts.

I am mainly posting this to tell what I did to recover in case somebody here has had a similar situation, also to encourage anybody that suffers a problem like this. I took some "Growth Hormone Gel" and carefully worked it into the gaps , then Duct Taped around the branch and in one case I used a hose clamp to support the larger split. I did relax the LST tie downs to help them mend for a while. I will say that so far there is no visible signs of dying or discoloration which is making me VERY happy. What do U think, and how about the bud development so far? Thanks guys!

Broke 1.JPG

Broke 2..... 1-28-21.JPG

Hey guys, I must admit that this is my least enjoyable post thus far, and a bit embarrassing actually, but like they say, 'STUFF" happens. I am really taking my bruises in my first grow i.e. germination probs, 4 out of 5 plants were male, and now this! My girl is about 10 weeks old and is about 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12 lighting and started to forming buds a week ago, YEAAAAAA! Problem is, a few nights ago while adjusting my light height the light fell, "I lost my breath", luckily the light never cut off or was damaged as it fell about 4 ft to the bottom of the grow box, but it hit on top of my baby and separated 3 main branches which upset me bad! The branches were already stretched out do to my first "LST" attempts.

I am mainly posting this to tell what I did to recover in case somebody here has had a similar situation, also to encourage anybody that suffers a problem like this. I took some "Growth Hormone Gel" and carefully worked it into the gaps , then Duct Taped around the branch and in one case I used a hose clamp to support the larger split. I did relax the LST tie downs to help them mend for a while. I will say that so far there is no visible signs of dying or discoloration which is making me VERY happy. What do U think, and how about the bud development so far? Thanks guys!

Broke 1.JPG

Broke 2..... 1-28-21.JPG
Love the gear clamp brilliant. Looks good brother.

I used a hose clamp on an outdoor plant. I cut a ring off the garden hose to keep the metal from digging in to the plant tissue. It held up. You are a resourceful and smart man.

Yikes! I bet your face was priceless. You have recovered very well and are on top of it the best you could be. That hose clamp makes the difference. As she bulks up the split won't grow.

Growing is a completely enriching experience.

Dang guys , y'all sure know how to make a Dumn Ass feel ok after he almost loses his prized baby girl! Yeah I used duct tape under the clamp to soften the squeeze on the main stem. There are actually 3 taped up stems u just cant see em all in the pic.

While I have your attention, I am nervous as heck because Im going to try using nutes for the first time today, other than the Cal-mag I have used all along. She is in about 10 days of budding and I have heard different theories about when to start "nuting". The recommended dose from the seller "Advanced Nutrients" is to use 16ml of each of the 3 part nutes per gallon. My plan is to go lighter with only 8ml mixed with molasses every other watering, and use my Cal-mag and water in between. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated??? Thanks so much for your time folks!

Dang guys , y'all sure know how to make a Dumn Ass feel ok after he almost loses his prized baby girl! Yeah I used duct tape under the clamp to soften the squeeze on the main stem. There are actually 3 taped up stems u just cant see em all in the pic.

While I have your attention, I am nervous as heck because Im going to try using nutes for the first time today, other than the Cal-mag I have used all along. She is in about 10 days of budding and I have heard different theories about when to start "nuting". The recommended dose from the seller "Advanced Nutrients" is to use 16ml of each of the 3 part nutes per gallon. My plan is to go lighter with only 8ml mixed with molasses every other watering, and use my Cal-mag and water in between. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated??? Thanks so much for your time folks!
I'm not sure what your what your growing in if coco you should feed every time . Do you have a ppm meter , thats how you can check the strength of your feed mix. If you have a look at some journals you can see what strength to feed each week of flower.

Im growing in Fox Farms Coco-loco, it has nutes built in and has been a blessing for this lazy boy. I don't have any meters ppm, ph or otherwise. Good idea on checking other journals, but its hard to find anybody that has used Coco-Loco and my A.N nutes to study. I even thought about letting her grow naturally with just the Cal-mag. Id rather have some buds at the end of he day than kill her with bad habits! Thanks friend!

"Emilya" U are talking my language now Grow Friend, sounds simple which works great for me. Any thoughts on adding Molasses to my water also? I hear some interesting talk about it, and they say it won't add up to burn anything like using too much nutes?

A quick research I did on molasses states its NPK value at 1-0-5.

Molasses is usually used in soil grows to feed the microbe population. The carbs/sugars are great as microbe food. I have not used it as a stand alone nutrient. I have a peat base (soiless) super soil and use it. People add it to hydro reservoirs.

When I add it to my peat i do a monthly soil drench at 1 Tbsp / 1 gal warm water.

The other reason to consider using molasses is that it is a great organic chelator. It binds to the soil's tied up nutrients and makes them readily available to the plant (chelation). It can remove rust from a wrench, or a set of crab leg crackers.

As stated it is mainly used to feed the micro herd through an organic grow.

For a soiless (coco) grow, it could be used as a flush the last couple weeks to chelate the remaining nutrients for the plant. This is how and why some people use it in their "flush". In this instance it is not so much a flush as it is a final round up of nutrients.

This is just from recent web searches circulating around molasses and is by no means the gospel. Some of my approaches are antiquated.

Back
Top Bottom