Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Best grow light? I'm only going down that black hole of alternate facts with a bic lighter.
Too funny! Imo theres a give and take to lighting.. I'm very familiar with the old mh/hps bulbs and now the LEDs I've been running suggests I resort back to the bulbs. Better density and bigger yields for sure. I've been coaxing as much outta the LEDs but it takes a lot more training! The pros however almost outweigh the cons. The electric bill is super low with LEDs. With my "candy" grow I will stick with the LEDs but now there's a new guy on the block...Ceramic HID lights! They're supposed to be more like the bulbs with less wasted light. The power bill is lower as well but I'm tired of trying new lighting atm lol! Best of luck no matter what way you go brother!

I do appreciate your input.. however like I said, my yields are spot on. I'll never get as much as i would from my old bulbs but I'm very close and that's all i can ask for. It truly is how you prune. My power bill is cut almost in half and heat probs are gone. I've been using bulbs for 15 yrs before switching to LEDs. I've not had the chance to try cmh but I can't believe they're better than mh/hps set ups. I'm still pulling 2.5 lbs of top shelf quality smoke off of 6 plants in a 4×8. Happy growing friend!

hey how many watts of leds are you using in a 6 x 8 tent?

you cant believe the CMH IS THE BEST.. THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM..

2.5 POUNDS in a 6 x 8 sucks for yield im pushing 2 lbs in a 5x5 630 watts of cmh power only..

cmh light 630 .. 400. cad.. led lights cost tonnage more 1500 -5000 dollars and u get less

and use the about same amount of electricity for a grow area.. vs cmh

Too funny! Imo theres a give and take to lighting.. I'm very familiar with the old mh/hps bulbs and now the LEDs I've been running suggests I resort back to the bulbs. Better density and bigger yields for sure. I've been coaxing as much outta the LEDs but it takes a lot more training! The pros however almost outweigh the cons. The electric bill is super low with LEDs. With my "candy" grow I will stick with the LEDs but now there's a new guy on the block...Ceramic HID lights! They're supposed to be more like the bulbs with less wasted light. The power bill is lower as well but I'm tired of trying new lighting atm lol! Best of luck no matter what way you go brother!

cmh lighting is not new it is very old ....

look at these buds..

hey how many watts of leds are you using in a 6 x 8 tent?

you cant believe the CMH IS THE BEST.. THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM..

2.5 POUNDS in a 6 x 8 sucks for yield im pushing 2 lbs in a 5x5 630 watts of cmh power only..

cmh light 630 .. 400. cad.. led lights cost tonnage more 1500 -5000 dollars and u get less

and use the about same amount of electricity for a grow area.. vs cmh
Sounds to me like you are an argumentative person.. I did say 4×8' and frankly I dont believe your yields. I use 5,000 watts in my little 4×8 and I yield far more than most with em. As for price.. i dont know who is buying 1500$-5000$ leds but not me!! Mine cost a total of 500$ and imo far worth the electric bill these days. I've cut that down in half. On that note, I'm out..

Sounds to me like you are an argumentative person.. I did say 4×8' and frankly I dont believe your yields. I use 5,000 watts in my little 4×8 and I yield far more than most with em. As for price.. i dont know who is buying 1500$-5000$ leds but not me!! Mine cost a total of 500$ and imo far worth the electric bill these days. I've cut that down in half. Also I never said ceramics are old! Pay attention dude. One last thing, if you were only getting a few inches of dense bud with your LEDs you've obviously done something very wrong. I myself get 12-16" of dense top shelf bud so not sure where you went wrong. As for yields I'm getting a full lb out of 1 m2 on the regular and judging by your pics I can see you do not. I'd be glad to help you out if you need help however that ego has to go brother!! After almost 28 yrs of growing I'm quite sure of what I say here. Good luck and happy growing!

Welcome, Ryguy, nice to see a new person to this thread, we have lots of opinions on this thread and as no two people are exactly the same comments range from those who agree with you more often than not, to those who differ in their opinions, Ryguy. I would not take anything too personally. Having said that I'd like to see your setup as I am not an indoor grower, but I appreciate the art of indoor cultivation. Do you have pics?

Welcome, Ryguy, nice to see a new person to this thread, we have lots of opinions on this thread and as no two people are exactly the same comments range from those who agree with you more often than not, to those who differ in their opinions, Ryguy. I would not take anything too personally. Having said that I'd like to see your setup as I am not an indoor grower, but I appreciate the art of indoor cultivation. Do you have pics?
Absolutely..let me dig around in my photos. My little home candy grows or my work grows? Either way I can show ya how to set up or at least how I set up..

Well I'll have to take some actual set up pics later after work but here is some pics of a few scrogs. Im getting 5-7 ounces per plant from 5 gall pots using coco.

IMG_20190813_141353742_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190810_072909233.jpg

IMG_20181116_055327.jpg

20210625_025548.jpg

Well I'll have to take some actual set up pics later after work but here is some pics of a few scrogs. Im getting 5-7 ounces per plant from 5 gall pots using coco.

IMG_20190813_141353742_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190810_072909233.jpg

IMG_20181116_055327.jpg

20210625_025548.jpg

sure looks bigger than a 4 x 8 and i only see 3 lights hps and 2 metal halides .. no 5000 watts

which is absolute waste of power in a 8 x 4 tent 5000 watts are you growing in an oven?
thants 156 watts per sq ft.. way to many you cook the plants must have super ac in the tent..
at the most you only need 50 watts per sq ft..

my 630 in a 5 x5 is 25 watts per sq ft its a bit on the low side and pushing the light to its max..
adding in extra led light mars tsl 2000 for boost since i already have .. nice for vegging not for making
buds.. cmh this coming current grow im going to try 1200 watts 2 led and 1 cmh 630 thats
50 watts per sq ft.. any more is really a waste.. heat management is a bit easier in the cool months
open the window.. behind curtains..

nice plant pics..

CMH IS BETTER THAN HPS.. SAVE ABOUT 30% OF POWER WITH BETTER RESULTS.. ITS ALSO WHITE LIGHT NO
GLASSESS..

PICTURES DONT LIE!!!! LED 1ST , 2ND AND 3RD CHM

WINNER BY A COUNTRY MILE

CMH LIGHTING !!!!!
What's that hanging in the tent? Are you using Mars hydro? indoor grow looks good.

What's that hanging in the tent? Are you using Mars hydro? indoor grow looks good.
yeah lots of pics and timelines to back up my statements from my grow journal below

thats a mars hydro led tsl 2000 300 watts.. think there could be 3 in there for that pic..

see how small the buds are .. the led light just does not yeild big buds .. tops are good

but you can do way better with cmh .. and save power that grow was under 900 watts of led

could not match the yield and quality of 630 watts of cmh 3k bulb..

sure looks bigger than a 4 x 8 and i only see 3 lights hps and 2 metal halides .. no 5000 watts

which is absolute waste of power in a 8 x 4 tent 5000 watts are you growing in an oven?
thants 156 watts per sq ft.. way to many you cook the plants must have super ac in the tent..
at the most you only need 50 watts per sq ft..

my 630 in a 5 x5 is 25 watts per sq ft its a bit on the low side and pushing the light to its max..
adding in extra led light mars tsl 2000 for boost since i already have .. nice for vegging not for making
buds.. cmh this coming current grow im going to try 1200 watts 2 led and 1 cmh 630 thats
50 watts per sq ft.. any more is really a waste.. heat management is a bit easier in the cool months
open the window.. behind curtains..

nice plant pics..
I should probably stay out of it.... What is the con about using chm? Maybe I should look into new lights. I'm putting together a new set up... Just ordered two new tents. I'm not gaining sq.feet . I'm gonna be gaining a veg tent and a flower tent. instead of my 4x4 I'll be using two 2x4's. Thinking about new lights. My TS3000 is a bit much for a 2x4 but I'll use it if I have to.
I'm gonna consider a CMH for my flower tent... What size do I need for a 2x4?

Screenshot 2021-10-24 6.21.40 PM.png

Mars Hydro TS3000. I'm drawing 430 watts from the wall in my 4x4 tent.
I don't see any monsters buds in my grow but I can tell you that what you see are hard dense buds. I won't get a bit of larf from this grow.

Beginning of week 8 in the Growdaddy tent. I feel like I have gained a lot of knowledge on this grow.

Every grow is still an experiment to me. I try some of this and a little of that. This might be my lowest yield in the growdaddy grow tent.

I shouldn't have taken off all the bud sites. I should have left the last 3 or at least left up to the second nodes alone. All these buds are the tops of the tops... No stacking. I picked off all bud sites that weren't on top. I'm wondering if yield is low will buds be better? They are all iced up pretty good.

20211023_124847.jpg
20211023_124857.jpg
20211023_125045.jpg
20211023_125105.jpg
20211023_125110.jpg
20211023_125115.jpg
20211023_125220_HDR.jpg
20211023_125227.jpg
20211023_125313.jpg

5000 watt LEDs and I've no prob getting 12-16" of solid bud on each cola. So your argument is just off. You must be doing something wrong if your only getting top colas..

20210625_025548.jpg
You mean 500 watt? Nice plant... What size grow... did you just use 500w on her?

Back
Top Bottom