Canna nutes - Too strong?

StandAfterFir

Hi all,
First grow in a Wilma 4 Pot. Going good so far, all looking and smelling lovely.
But I've bought recommended nutes (Canna: Aqua Vega and Flores, and PK13/14)
The first time I put the Vega nutes in i went with the recommended dose which was wayyyyy to strong. (EC through the roof) So changed water straight away and all was fine.
Started the Flores last night and even half the recommended dosage was too high. I've read lots of posts about people halfing their canna nutes.
Although it's my first grow I'm kinda getting to know the plants and what they are used to. My second grow should be spot on.
Anyone have any similar experiences with Canna?
I'm not slating the product at all it looks and sounds amazing. But suerly canna should address the problem of a lot of people saying their recommended dosage is far too harsh.
Thanks all.

I am using a mixture of canna bases with advanced nutrients addatives etc. I built up the nutrients gradually but i have not gone above 75% strength in either veg or bloom so i would say they are quite strong just build up your plants tolerance. I have found the flores to be quite heavy in N aswell. I have the full canna lineup and altough it may be my first grow i could not complain any problems that my plants have had were from me being too over zealous.

Back
Top Bottom