Hydro-Nutes?

aprosjat

I am thinking about using Canna Aqua Veg and Canna Aqua Flores for my hydro grow , has anyone used the these nutrients before and provide some incite into the effectiveness of the nutrients , are there any pit falls I need to watch out for ? Would a airing stone be recommended ?

Closed system ---recirculate --- clay pebbles

are there any pit falls I need to watch out for ?

I just glanced at the company's website, and it looks like it has some good basic information on hydroponics. I see links to several at the bottom of this page:
Code:
https://www.cannagardening.com/aqua
and there are probably others there as well. While much of it is generic in nature and would generally apply to any hydroponics nutrient, one assumes that none of it would be harmful to the users of the company's products, specifically. I did notice (skimmed a couple of articles) that they place the upper end of the safe range of the reservoir's temperature at 86°F. That's going to require lots of oxygenation, lol. It also assumes that you have sufficient airflow through your plants' canopies that said plants can "self-cool" by taking moisture via their root systems and transpiring it from the stoma in their leaves (built-in natural evaporative a/c). And it most likely assumes that the grower is using good strong light, lol. IOW, the weak light produced by a couple of low-wattage CFLs won't give the plants enough energy to be efficient at that temperature. But, in general...

I'm sure I've had reservoir temperatures spike a lot higher than that, and the plants lived. I didn't measure them, per se, but I had an a/c failure situation and the place was pretty hot for about a week (as in, returning home each evening to see 102°F or thereabouts in the apartment :rolleyes: ) ; I'd guess that the reservoir would have been at least that warm due to the likelihood of multiple air pumps and aquarium power heads (which I'm a BIG fan of, BtW) running and adding their little bit of additional heat.

Would a airing stone be recommended ?

As long as one isn't using any of the so-called "organic" nutrient lines (and this one isn't), you can never have too much dissolved oxygen in your nutrient solution. Well, in theory, lol - but that's a state of existence that you will be highly unlikely to ever attain, so to speak. The reason my plants lived that time (above), and produced a harvest... was the mad amounts of DO I was constantly pumping into solution, along with the aforementioned airflow through the canopy.

If one is using "organics," of course, that's kind of a recipe for unwanted microbial growth in the reservoir, lol. Which would have to be the number one or two reason that I don't.

Aerate your reservoirs until it'd take a half hour for a mouse to drown in them - and then aerate some more!

Back
Top Bottom