CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

i posted in another thread how this guy at the dispensary described himself as a "heavy medicater" and he never eats more than a half a cheeba chew. i ate almost a whole one. really didnt get much out of it. whats going on with me? i would say im maybe a "moderate medicater"

Edibles effect everyone differently. Your liver may be processing all the good stuff out....try a heavier dose for an edible. Most places offer 1x, 2x, and 3x strength...the worst that could happen is you fall asleep and miss the buzz.

:peace:

I've never eaten any commercial edibles, only the brownies I made with my own homemade butter. They were really strong, both taste and smell. My son told me he could smell the MJ on my breath when I had finished eating it. Like I said earlier, my buzz when eating is never as good as smoking. I think I'll try chocolate covered something next time. If I still don't like it as well, I'll just leave the medibles to the chefs and those who like it that way.

Have you ever tried a vape? I haven't, but some here say it's the best buzz ever.

yea i have a vape and i like it, except for the fact that u have to grind up a pretty good amount to even use the thing. see this is whats weird; i dont have a huge tolerance for smoking. 2 or 3 hits and im usually good. but with the edibles apparently i have some kind of huge tolerance. ??? :tokin:

colo en espanol ? o no ?

and yo try smoking and eating brownies . youll love it .

si colo en espanol...vivo en federal y hampden...!muchos hogares para tacos, pupusa, burritos buenos! but im actually born and raised cali so i already speak spanglish from that...anyway yes i was told and have since discovered that a small brownie and maybe one or two good hits an hour later and its mucho mucho. but im trying to find a way where i dont need to smoke if i cant, tu sabes jefe? i do notice that im not really high from the med. size brownie i ate a couple hours ago, but im not nauseous in the least and no headache at all so i guess thats cool. just medicated, not really stoned which is kind of what im going for here with the edibles. if i just want to chill out or get buzzed i will just smoke a bowl. :bong:

haha thats classic . try using a high concentration or stronger material when making your brownies . im really high right now with the whomp whomps from smoking too much haha im making another batch tommorow :)

yea i still have about a stick and a half of cannabutter so im gonna try making a really small, concentrated batch of something. maybe i will make rice krispies treats so i dont have to cook the butter beyond melting it.
:yummy:

Hey i just skimmed the thread so sorry if I missed this. When using this recipe during the 3 hour simmering do you keep a lid on between checking or not? Is there any difference with the lid on vs off? Thanks

Hey i just skimmed the thread so sorry if I missed this. When using this recipe during the 3 hour simmering do you keep a lid on between checking or not? Is there any difference with the lid on vs off? Thanks

When I made my butter I didn't use a lid. I don't think Hash's original post said anything about a lid either. I just sat right there the whole time and stirred it when it started to bubble. I kept it at a very low simmer kinda like a thick soup.

When I made my butter I didn't use a lid. I don't think Hash's original post said anything about a lid either. I just sat right there the whole time and stirred it when it started to bubble. I kept it at a very low simmer kinda like a thick soup.
Thanks so much thats what I was looking for *.*:slide:

Did you read the original post? Great instructions and pictures. Go all the way back and look at page #1, post #1, by Hash. This was the first time I've made butter. It turned out really good. He gave great instructions.

I used a lid with my crock pot, but then I simmered for 12 hours instead of three, and I was afraid I'd evap the water over night and burn the butter....

thanks for the great steps, works a treat.
just one question, i've read the first 10 pages, and am still wondering, is there no goodness in the water at all?

thanks for the great steps, works a treat.
just one question, i've read the first 10 pages, and am still wondering, is there no goodness in the water at all?

I wondered the same thing...But once you see the water, you'll know why nobody(that I know of) uses it. It's pretty icky....Besides, I believe that probably 90-99% of the goodness is bound to the butter at that point anyway, I dont think too much, if any gets wasted. :peacetwo:

Quick question: Each time I made the brownies i cooked the butter and weed for 20 minutes . Is that long enough ? Because I noticed they aren't as potent as they are supposed to be ... but still get you pretty high . I kept forgetting that Hash mentioned to let it simmer for a while , does it make that much of a difference ?

Hey guys. I have a similar question to Branson. I've made about 10 dozen brownies over the past few months, as well as some weed tea/bhang.

My results change from batch to batch, even though the ingredients stay the same. I haven't been able to figure out why some brownies will have full potency, but others will be at 40%-50% of what I'd expect.

I made bhang with 3.5 grams of ground bud (warmed up milk, added about two ounces of alcohol, then stirred all together on the stove at a low simmer). I originally made two separate cups, but ended up drinking both. No effect. Other times, 2 grams of bud will be more than enough.

Has anyone noticed differing results when the same recipe is made twice?

I know the obvious answers... THC is not water soluble, maybe there wasn't available fats or alcohols, or it wasn't mixed well at the right temperature... but I've got to say - the cream and alcohol were there, the temperature was maintained at a simmer for half an hour...

I'm confused :( Haha.

I wondered the same thing...But once you see the water, you'll know why nobody(that I know of) uses it. It's pretty icky....Besides, I believe that probably 90-99% of the goodness is bound to the butter at that point anyway, I dont think too much, if any gets wasted. :peacetwo:

it's brown, but i can't think why there'd be anything bad in it. it looks like it could use it to make gravy for a good sunday lunch!

Back
Top Bottom