Canninoob RR - Hydro White Widow - Bag Seed 2012

Canninoob

Strain:White Widow Fem/ Bagseed
Is it indica, Sativa, Hybrid:Not sure :p
Veg or Flower state:Seedling
Indoor or outdoor:Indoor
Soil or Hydro:Hydro
Size of light:23 watt 2750k for now :/
Is it air cooled:By a stand fan and small personal AC until in next room.
Temp of room:Not sure at moment
PH of medium:Approx 6.5-6.0
Any pests:Not that I know of.
How often are you watering:Twice a day
Type and strength of frets used:PBP grow, cal/mag, Liquid Karma, all 1/2 strength

Re: Canninoob rr-Hydro White Widow/Bagseed 2012

Wondering if anyone could give me insight on a slight problem, the stems of my seedlings are red to almost purple and I'm not sure what is causing this.... Any help is of use, also please comment on improvements to my growing methods. Thank you. :)

Update: Now using a 42 watt 6500k CFL in a heat lamp reflector. Also thinking about adding hydrogen peroxide to my seedling nute mix, would still like some imput.

Mary_2.JPG

Plants have begun to show brown spots, i suspect over nute, maybe i should flush? Any ideas?
Brown_Spots_21.JPG

Yeah I'm flushing them now to be safe, and hydrogen peroxide is supposed to provide extra oxygen to the roots and kill the stuff that causes root rot, but you use it in small doses because too much can be bad.

Um I believe there is a certain teaspoon to liter ratio but I can't exactly remember.... Maybe search the forums here, they probably have it. :) how do you link your grow to your sig? I'm going to go check yours right now.

Thanks, as of right now I have a 42/200 watt 6500k daylight spectrum CFL inside a $8 heat lamp reflector socket I got at home depot which is reflecting no heat because of the bulb which makes it ideal for clones and seedlings, but I have already ordered a 400 watt super HPS/MH ballast with wing reflector that should come in just about the time my plants are ready to be transplanted. I will post pics of my entire setup including lights/nutes/air pump/tote, ect once I have it set up later this week (most likely tomorrow or Wednesday) I hope you continue to follow a long so that you can see step by step wether this succeeds or fails, have fun. :)

how do you link your grow to your sig? I'm going to go check yours right now.

Here try this link provided by Astonr420, it helped me....Posting To Your Signature

Plants have begun to show brown spots, i suspect over nute, maybe i should flush? Any ideas?

It looks to me like you have a deficiency going on. From my experience with brown spots, it looks like maybe a calcium or mag deficiency but don't hold me to that. I use coco coir but I had that same thing going on, used some calmag and it straightened right up. But you can also click on the plant abuse chart in my sig line and see if you can problem solve until someone can answer your question.

I would have thought cal mag also if I wasn't already supplementing them with botanicare cal mag, so idk if it's that.

I would have thought cal mag also if I wasn't already supplementing them with botanicare cal mag, so idk if it's that.

My bad, I didn't see you mention you used calmag. Have you checked out the Plant Abuse Chart?

Yeah I checked it and from what I can see (I was using cal/mag nute, no pests are present, and the light isn't hot at all, not even to the touch) it has to be over nute, tomorrow is day 2 of flush, we will see how it goes, thanks so far for the support, also the only plants really suffering from brown spots appear to be the bag seed I planted, all WW fem are alive and healthy with maybe 1 or 2 brown spots here and there, not a mass like the one in pic.

I just transplanted them to my DWC and am using 1/2 att nutes so we will see how it goes. Wish me luck, will get a pic of setup soon, also does anyone know how far I should keep my 400 watt mh from them?

So far I'm keeping them 24 inches away because they are seedlings and I don't want to burn them, after a week I'll move it to approx 14 or 15 inches, and yeah they burn hot, and this is the day spectrum so idk how it's gonna be with HPS spectrum :/ although I'm pretty sure I know which one is going to be my mother plant.

Good news and bad news, good news is that one of the WW has absolutely exploded into growth and has a bomb root system with no signs of stress, deficiencies, or pests, which means I found my mother, bad news however is that the other plants aren't growing as fast even though I notice clean white root systems, and I don't know where I'm going to maintain my mother, will probably have to buy a grow tent and seperate 5 gallon bucket just for her.

As a side note, does anyone know if I could use like 1 or 2... 42 watt daylight spectrum CFLs as a light source for the mother plant if I use them as a 18/6 cycle? I don't want virtually any heat and I want to confine her in a single grow tent by herself so I can rape her for clones.

Back
Top Bottom