Carbon filter or not?

mdk20

Hi i'm an absolute beginner looking for the advice of more experienced growers. This is my first time growing and i'm looking to grow a single AK47 plant in my closet via a space bucket. My plan was to not include any carbon filter and just use Ona Gel that i'll position near the exhaust fan on my bucket. However my question is, Will I be able to get away with the smell? as i'll be growing in a house with my family and i'm looking to not be noticed by any of them.

Hi i'm an absolute beginner looking for the advice of more experienced growers. This is my first time growing and i'm looking to grow a single AK47 plant in my closet via a space bucket. My plan was to not include any carbon filter and just use Ona Gel that i'll position near the exhaust fan on my bucket. However my question is, Will I be able to get away with the smell?
How big is your closet? You'll have to have your fan blowing out of the closet but you will need an intake. The space between the closet door and the floor might not give you enough fresh air. As your fan and filter will be blowing out it will suck fresh oxygen into your area. It should mask the smell easily. The problem is measuring the square footing of the closet. You want to do this because you don't want too strong a fan. This is when cfm comes into play. If the fan cfm rating is just a bit over the square footing of the closet you will be in perfectly.

I've provided images of the space ill be growing in and ill let you be the judge of it. However the fans i'll be using in my set up are the standard 120mm Cooler Master CPU fans and they have a cfm of 82.9
zHdvEzk.jpg
hkfHT5I.jpg

I grew one 16" dwarf in my living room, thinking that since it would be small the dank aroma would not be a problem. Wrong! Once she started to flower, the smell permeated every room and wafted out a window 30' away with enough strength for a neighbor to complain. I like the smell of pot, but the smell was strong enough and persistent enough as the weeks went by that my little green roommate began to get on my nerves. ;)

Plan on a filter.

And BTW, Ona gel has a reputation for making your buds smell like Ona gel. (That's not personal experience, but I've heard it more than once.)

Back
Top Bottom