Carbon filter recommendatioms for a 4x3 single plant

TMJmedical

Hey guys,

I've been expanding my research onto hiding the smell of your grow.

I've read people use odour gels sometimes and I'm wondering how reliable that is for a single plant within a 4x3 sized grow tent placed inside a cupboard.

Would I still need a carbon scrubber (filter).
Would I get away with a smaller one for a single plant?

TIA.

I would recommend one and a varriable speed fan that is rated to change the air out 3 times a minute for the area you are growing in and you should be golden . The first one I bought for my main room was the opposite .changed the air once every three minutes and well it let the odor permeate the first floor of the house and since I have switched its been golden and this round im growing Ak47 and cant even tell its here until you enter the grow .

I would recommend one and a varriable speed fan that is rated to change the air out 3 times a minute for the area you are growing in and you should be golden . The first one I bought for my main room was the opposite .changed the air once every three minutes and well it let the odor permeate the first floor of the house and since I have switched its been golden and this round im growing Ak47 and cant even tell its here until you enter the grow .

Oh damn. I'm new to growing but I'm right in saying Ak is a stronger smelling strain right? Along with diesel?

Are these expensive for a single plant? I was hoping a smaller Amazon one would work. Maybe something like...

Blauberg UK Hydroponic Grow Room Tent Carbon Filter - Activated Charcoal Odour Smell Removal (4" - 150 m3/hour) Blauberg UK Hydroponic Grow Room Tent Carbon Filter - Activated Charcoal Odour Smell Removal (4" - 150 m3/hour): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Oh damn. I'm new to growing but I'm right in saying Ak is a stronger smelling strain right? Along with diesel?

Are these expensive for a single plant? I was hoping a smaller Amazon one would work. Maybe something like...

Blauberg UK Hydroponic Grow Room Tent Carbon Filter - Activated Charcoal Odour Smell Removal (4" - 150 m3/hour) Blauberg UK Hydroponic Grow Room Tent Carbon Filter - Activated Charcoal Odour Smell Removal (4" - 150 m3/hour): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors
Yes you are correct about Ak47 it is known to be one of the strongest smelling strains. I don't know about diesel.

When it comes to growing there are definitely two areas that I would not skimp on Filtration being #1 especially if your safety is tied to it and Lighting being #2.

google "Can FIlters" on their web site they explain using a carbon filter and have a calculator for you to input your room dimensions so you can choose the right size filter . I would get one that is larger than specified as you may increase the size of your grow and going with an exact match to what you have now would prevent you from doing that successfully .

Yes you are correct about Ak47 it is known to be one of the strongest smelling strains. I don't know about diesel.

When it comes to growing there are definitely two areas that I would not skimp on Filtration being #1 especially if your safety is tied to it and Lighting being #2.

google "Can FIlters" on their web site they explain using a carbon filter and have a calculator for you to input your room dimensions so you can choose the right size filter . I would get one that is larger than specified as you may increase the size of your grow and going with an exact match to what you have now would prevent you from doing that successfully .
Pretty much what I thought.

I'm growing this for Medical reasons. But I'm trying a 'beginner' auto strain so I can learn first before growing something like Harlequin. (only cause I already baught the seed ).

Yeah for me smell is my number 1 priority. But I still have to consider my wallet with a wedding coming up lol.

Also whatever the fan is rated at when you hook a carbon filter to it it will lose its efficiency. I'm told that can lose 20%. So if the fan is rated at 400 CFM after the filter is hooked up to it you can expect 320 CFM. Make sure your filter supports the amount of air you want to move

Also whatever the fan is rated at when you hook a carbon filter to it it will lose its efficiency. I'm told that can lose 20%. So if the fan is rated at 400 CFM after the filter is hooked up to it you can expect 320 CFM. Make sure your filter supports the amount of air you want to move
Oooh thanks.

Pretty much what I thought.

I'm growing this for Medical reasons. But I'm trying a 'beginner' auto strain so I can learn first before growing something like Harlequin. (only cause I already baught the seed ).

Yeah for me smell is my number 1 priority. But I still have to consider my wallet with a wedding coming up lol.
Better to get what you need now then not.
Completely forgot to mention that , Good Scoop George ! on the can filter website it will also explain about fan size.

Better to get what you need now then not.

Completely forgot to mention that , Good Scoop George ! on the can filter website it will also explain about fan size.

I can understand why so many new growers run into issues & get put off easily.

This is not a light hobby at all aha. It's also got that 'mother and baby syndrome' (made up name) where everyone believes their way is the right way and so there's 71 different ways to raise your plants.

I can understand why so many new growers run into issues & get put off easily.

This is not a light hobby at all aha. It's also got that 'mother and baby syndrome' (made up name) where everyone believes their way is the right way and so there's 71 different ways to raise your plants.
Oh yes you have to pay to play and it can get overwhelming especially when choosing a medium to grow in ...then you have to train or not to train , then comes should I remove leafs or not , then comes is it ready yet to harvest and the responses to those questions are generally all over the map .

the simple way is medium of your choice , good food, good light and good environment and giving them just enough love that you feel like you are slightly neglecting them .

Back
Top Bottom