Carbon filter when not used

NSFW

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum here, and am looking for some advice on the best ways to store my carbon filter in between grows.

Depending on the season, the area I live in can get REALLY humid , 95%+ relative humidity, where water condenses on the walls without a dehumidifier.

How should I store it to ensure it maintains its effectiveness? Can I just dump it into the cupboard and everything will be fine when I set it up next grow? I'm thinking if it really matters, maybe I can use a big vacuum sealed bag to store it?

I understand that the carbon filter works best under 70% RH, but does RH during storage affect its usable life?

Thanks!

I don't know any technical answer, but I had a new carbon filter which ended up stored under my cabin for about 8 years. It was out of the rain of course, but it's extremely wet here and RH is basically constantly attempting to hit 100%.
Eventually I took the carbon out of that filter (it was huge and weighed 150 pounds) and used some of it to fill a smaller filter I made. It worked perfectly and I still haven't gotten around to changing the carbon 2 years later- though I can detect a slight scent sometimes now.

Back
Top Bottom