CFL vs LED vs LED light bulbs

snicrep

I want to get a led set up which is about 80 bucks. Some on here say CFLs are ok. I don't want to wait for a Payday so I'm thinking about using a cfl arrangement. Do they get very warm? Im only starting 2 plants but it will be in a small closet 2x5.
What about the led light bulbs that are now out? Will provide the right kind of light. Looks like they'll run pretty cool..
I'll be planting auto fems in soil.
Thanx

This is what I use for my 2'x4' grow tent (I only grow in half the tent, and it covers a 2'x2' area perfectly). It's built from 16 100W-equivalent LED bulbs. It pulls 224W from the wall. The plants are loving it. Best is that it cost less than $40 to build with all the materials.

This is what I use for my 2'x4' grow tent (I only grow in half the tent, and it covers a 2'x2' area perfectly). It's built from 16 100W-equivalent LED bulbs. It pulls 224W from the wall. The plants are loving it. Best is that it cost less than $40 to build with all the materials.

Very cool but how do you get 16 bulbs and 16 fixtures for under $40?

I want to get a led set up which is about 80 bucks. Some on here say CFLs are ok. I don't want to wait for a Payday so I'm thinking about using a cfl arrangement. Do they get very warm? Im only starting 2 plants but it will be in a small closet 2x5.
What about the led light bulbs that are now out? Will provide the right kind of light. Looks like they'll run pretty cool..
I'll be planting auto fems in soil.
Thanx
Depends. Are you trying to light up the entire 2x5 for growing or just part of it? If part of it, how much of it? This will make a big difference. CFL get hot too yes. Sometimes very hot.

Yeah guess I'll wait. It was a seller recommended on here I think. 300-400 watt range
I would agree with that. For your budget there are LED's easily found that run about 300 actual watts for the $$ you have. Just read the fine print and get one that has an actual wattage used as close to or above 300W as you can find.

I ve been growing 2 plants under this light. Its just enought to do two of them for 50 bucks. Been running 18/6 (autoflower).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-25-17-27-06.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-25-17-27-06.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 149
I ve been growing 2 plants under this light. Its just enought to do two of them for 50 bucks. Been running 18/6 (autoflower).
That's only a 130'ish watt led. Wouldn't yield very well for one plant really. You could do much better with more light. Especially on 2 plants. Not trying to be mean but truthful.

Yeah. I just wanted to get started and the 2 seem to be flourishing. I bought a 2nd for another 2 i started in a grow tent. The older ones will be done in 3 wks or less so ill double tgem up.

Read on a seedbank in UK (Royal Queen Seeds) they found best results for auto doing 20/4 light schedule. Trying it out myself and taking their word for it cause they accept so many forms of crypto payments haha.

Autoflowering cannabis can survive with as few as 5 hours of sunlight per day. But if you want your plants to thrive, hit peak potency, and produce a heavy harvest, they need 18+ hours of light per day. The optimal light schedule for indoor cultivation of autoflowering cannabis is a consistent 20-4 for the complete life cycle. Of course, 18-6, 20-2, and non-stop 24-hour schedules all have their merits, but we have gotten the best results from the 20-4 schedule.

Back
Top Bottom