cfl's

rds_sk8er420

can i flower under my daylight cfl's for a week to root out the males and then go back to veg?(so i can get clones). im going to buy the soft white to flower with after i get clones and they veg some more, but im looking at another week till i get them.

well right now im going into day 21 and they are healthy strong thick bushy plants, about a half foot tall. and they seem to put out a new deck of fan leaves every day. im growing under 6 cfl's right now and they seem to be progressing quiet fast.

Well I say 2 weeks minimum myself. Why? Well I sort of screwed up in my previous answer and insinuated that more light will show sex sooner. That is not correct when forcing sex. It's the hours of darkness that do that. Darkness brings on the flowering hormone called flurol (I think).

bluebox223---your plants were most likely fully mature and what you saw were pre flowers which all plants eventually show. It was just time. rds_sk8er420's plant are 21 days from seed. They are still babies. Besides, how fast sex shows is also dependent on strain and the enviroment. Yours and rds_sk8er420's enviroments most likely have some differences and I'm prety sure your strains aren't the same either although I could be totally wrong about all of this. To say it will happen fast for him just because it happened fast for you isn't the best or most correct answer.

true aswell. an edit: my plants are about 9" now and still growing.
im going to induce flowering in about 5 days or so as im working with a limited hight. I have about 3 1/2 feet or so for the plants. im planning on taking out the floor in the middle cabnet that im growing in now, and making the bottom cabnet part of the middle if you will.
making one large cabnet that gives the 2 clones i want to cut 5 1/2 feet in hight they can grow.

each grow is not going to be like the last, each is differant, because each have there own differant problems and kinks that need to be worked out, its inevitable lol, thats the shitty part about growing, takes alot of attention, not that i dont enjoy it, i'd spend all day with em if i could :D hah i had a couple(4) that took over 2 months to show sex, haha and three turned out male :D

Back
Top Bottom