Changing dark time of day after plants are in veg?

RandyL

I've got 22 plants going with my associates, K and Y. The plants are finishing their first week of veg time tomorrow. We have a hard time keeping the room temperature below 84-85 degrees in the mid afternoon, due to the sun heating the building and the growing room is on the top floor.

We have them on 20 hours of light / 4 hours of darkness.

K and Y want to change the dark cycle to mid afternoon, around 1 to 5 pm, instead of the 1 to 5 am it is now. We'd have to shift the dark cycle 12 hours.

I don't think it is a good idea, but if we did it, how can we do it without messing up the plants? Change them by 1-2 hours a day, 3-4 hours a day, all in one shot, etc?

do it all in one shot. Extend the day time to 36 hours and then do the regular 4 hours after that. as long as its veg 36 hours of day light after being in 20 will be fine.

while your plants are in veg you'll have no problem changing the light cycle. All you need to do is adjust your timer to the required time you wish when the lights first turn on and you'll have know problems, just don't mess with light schedules when flowering.

18/6, 20/4? Any noticable difference in vegging growth amount? I was thinking of going from the 20/4 to 18/6 for power consumption savings, plus the plants would be in the dark for more of the high temperature hours of the day.

We're in Los Angeles, so it won't be too cold this winter.

Back
Top Bottom